Play YouTube video button
Coronavirus update

Adecco Employee Reviews

United Kingdom738 reviews
Featured review
Adecco selected this as a representative review
Good place to work with good pay. I'd work there again if I could, management is quite good and supportive. An overall welcoming experience for me to be honest.
Adecco is good to me and always recommend friend and family to come and wk for the company. It 's always good to work for Adecco because they find you what you need and I greatfull for that.
I'm having to take adecco to a tribunal after they think its acceptable to withhold my holiday pay for over 4 weeks no one has tried helping no one wanted to even speak to me till I told them in a email this is my final demand before I take legal action. I have asked them to pay my holiday money and my overdraft which now is over £300 which I don't think is wrong to ask. There response was its not our problem what u spend ur money on. My point is simple if they paid when they should have i would have received in my last pay over 600£ but now I'm 300 overdrawn when they put it in now leaves me in bad financial hardship
Pros
Cons
too many
Always has a work for you the polite staff I'm very dedicated and trustworthy.

I really enjoyed working as a security concierge.

There was always work in the week and weekend.

very professional
It’s a small company with higher management having little experience in managing people.
It has a blame culture where no correct accountability is demonstrated
Pros
They promised a job they didn’t execute this at all. Called several times straight to voicemail. Only sent confirmation of job times a day before starting work which was ridiculous, then they blame me for being indecisive but they never communicated or organised nothing for me to have a stable decision then saying it’s overbooked and I can’t work.
Pros
Cons
Leave things last minute, false promises
Management are unorganized, you'll be lucky to even get a locker to store your valuables safely, they often run out of PPE in various sizes if you're a factory worker, work takes a massive toll mentally and physically. Only redeeming quality is most of the other employees are nice.
The staffs at adecco were very helpful and kind and also listened to any problem and provided immediate solution. The training provided were also effective easy to understand and helped with the job.
Pros
great pay
Cons
Long hours and shift time
It was a good time I had with them.
They were professional when it comes to looking for good jobs.

Rate of pay was better in some positions.

Ready to solve your problems.
Pros
Ready to get you employed ASAP
Cons
They dont really have any power to question the employers.
Good company to work for very flexible & a good rate of pay very professional supervisors and always tries to accommodate your needs as a worker .just wish I could have got a permanent shift pattern
Pros
Good atmosphere to work
Cons
Sometimes not enough shifts
It is a good starting job to have. very good pay each month. It was relaxed sometime stressful when trying to hit a target number. Not really any benefits but the managers are cool.
poor communciations, lack of work available while still driving to recruit new members, emails left unanswered for up to 8 days, the night rate of pay is poor.
It was great working with Adecco and I would recommend it to those would like to start their career journey as the roles provided by this agency are on a temporary basis (possibly extendable).
Worked there 2 years ago and heard many horror stories, but found out its an easy job both picking and packing, good money also, as long as you can switch off and just get on with your work and are willing to work then it’s a good place to work, opportunities to progress and learn new things such as pup training so you can use the forklifts , also internal vacancies to go for to become team leaders etc,
This is a temporary agency and I was placed in various business environments, all of which I found to be comfortable and educational in different ways. The management was relaxed and I was allowed to simply get on with my work. In each assignment I felt valued.
What a waste of time. Terrible company. They had me fill out all forms, give all my bank details, had the phone interview and even signed a contract, only for them to send an email the next day saying I had not been considered for the role. After signing a contract? Stay well away from these con men.
Employed as Admin asst, but the sheer volume of paperwork to fill, scan & return was incredible, then it needed to be done all over again for another team, no idea why they didn't share the originals submitted. Applied in October but took 3 months of 'back n forth' & lots of reminders / prompting from me to get updates on a start date.
2 different agencies were supplying staff where I worked & the others had regular visits from agency staff to ensure all was well & they'd settled OK, Adecco never turned up once.

Wage was £8.21 p/h rising to £9.00 after 12 weeks, 4 hours daily, 20 hours a week on a 9 month contract but after 8 weeks we were laid off & not once in those 8 weeks did we get a full 20 hours. Average week was 12 hours total, & the ongoing staff already there had told us this was normal & the contract never lasts 9 months, lucky to get 5/6 months max. None of these details were mentioned at any point by Adecco.

Regularly had to chase them to sort out my tax code, they even forgot to pay me twice & then, after the minimum wage rose they even paid me the old rate weeks later, no idea on annual leave allowance as it's never added to your wage slips & the equation they use is out of the bible !!!!

My assignment is / was supposed to be 9 months but currently 'on hold' due to the COVID issues, just been told (& not by Adecco) that if you've done the initial 12 weeks & reached the magical £9.00 p/h but your assignment is put on hold for 6 weeks or more, on your return your rate drops down to the minimum wage again !!! WTF
Currently working a 6 month contract with Adecco, from the start there has been nothing but issues with correct salary being paid, issues with Holiday Pay rate being totally wrong and they are breaking the law regarding Annual Leave entitlement. Legally you get statuatory 8 days for Bank Holidays and 20 days minimum holidays, they calculate this as 0.539 days per week you work so you can accumulate 0.539 x 52 weeks so just over 28 days a year, however they tell you that you don't earn holiday entitlement when you take a week off so in theory you can lose 5.6 weeks x 0.539 days which takes you below the legal minimum. Avoid these cowboys at all costs!!
Waiting to start again at Amazon , can’t wait . !!!! Great experience for whoever takes on the roll . Emphasis is on health and Safety. Working in a fast pace environment is achievable if you stick at it . It’s not a walk in the park , but all is achievable .
I have so far found Adecco to be flexible and understand my needs as a job seeker. They have been in line with me expanding my skill set and always available to talk if I need to contact
working at adecco is fun and a good experience for a better starter like me whom never had any work experience in the Uk. You get the chance to meet new people.