Addo Food Group

Addo Food Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom15 reviews
I learned and developed myself a lot in this place. Hardest part of the job, obviously dealing with unhappy workers, but at the same time it wasn't that bad, due in all places there is at least one single rotten egg, which you need to deal with. I was gaining lots of experience in there whatever issues occur.
great place to work with lots of loughs and challenges especially during peak times like Christmas.every day learning and continuous improvement on workplace and my own skills.
I m enjoyed time in Addo and it's very sad that they are closing our site, it was very nice story in my life but it's time for a new adventure, hopefully only better!
I worked nights for 1.5 years it’s hard work but you can cope with it most of the time but when holidays occur or sickness that’s when the problems start because 90% of the time no cover
Pros
Left to it
Cons
Weekend work
It was horrible. We was making a scotch eggs. All of the managers was a Romanian guys .. They was discriminate the others, and don't give us a chance to go up. It's just stressful working place.
You will work 3 days and rest 3, 12 hours per day, they used to had overtime, but with he continental shift overtime is quite hard to get. Like temporary worker you're going to do the hardest part of the work, of course, competitive behavior is useless cause work will be determined by a lot of hours of experience working in a really fast lines of production. Heavy lifting, pushing racks, troleys with ton of rejects.
Pros
cantina, vendor machines, smoking area, car park
Cons
Good management and good people to work along side each day, makes the shift better. On the other hand health and safety needs work and to be improved to help their staff more within their job role.
Manager only thinks about their own welfare and not their staff. The management style is very primitive. Management talk down to people and show no respect for their committed, hard working employees.
I think it's good place to work. Work under roof in summer and in winter seasons everything is the same. Obviously you can meet there all variety of people, friendly one and troublemakers but generally it's OK.
Great place to work with lots of challenges. The people were great and enthusiastic and wanted to see improvement. I really enjoyed working with the team.
I would not recommend this company to work for in any role. Nepotism is rife. And constant pressure to perform 100% even when machinery breaks down. Bad behaviour is constantly rewarded, yet if you've the slightest backbone you're singled out as not a team player.

Favouritism is also rife, as many employees are on superior pay rates over other staff due to nepotism or outside of workplace relationships. Despite a company policy of non-mandatory overtime, you will be lead to believe you're needed to stay on everyday.

Oh, the main gateway into the firm is through an agency, be prepared to have the carrot dangled for a permanent position!
Pros
OK rate of pay
Cons
Long hours, nepotism, favouritism
Management are all interims and not brought in long enough and never full time. If they are full time they leave after 3/4 months and replaced with another interim.

Staff over worked and under pressure. No praise when good work but when one little thing goes wrong disaplinary action
Pros
Semi decent canteen
Cons
Bad moral and managers
Managed 12 months before finally leaving, site had more ops and general managers in that 12 months than I managed breaks. Culture of if your face doesn't fit you will either be made to leave or forced to leave. Jobs are sold to people as being really involving when in reality its 1 guy at the top making every decision good (of which there was few) and bad (of which there were many)
Staff are basically wanting the factory to close to collect their redundancy and move onto another factory in the spalding area so the culture is exactly that!

More interim managers than employed some of which just want the money, the ones that want to make a change don't get the opportunity.
Pros
Get to work 7 days a week, a pro if you hate your personal life
Cons
Working there!
in this work it was really friendly. it was not hard, and there were no problems when someone wanted to slow down faster. frequent overtime. nice team overall cool
Cons
Only pros from working for Addo are paid brakes and discount in factory shop. In summer temperature goes up to 45 degrees. Leaders are chosen by roulette rules.
Pros
Paid brakes
Cons
Dirty, Hot, 3x6 work pattern, work under pressure, unqualified leaders and managers