Play YouTube video button

Active Care Group Employee Reviews for Caregiver

Worst company to work for
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  Carlisle, Cumbria31 October 2019
You work hard but you don't get paid when your suppose to and payroll and hr don't help you. My family was almost homeless because of active not reccomened
If you like yourself, don´t work for them
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom6 September 2019
I´m sorry to write a bad review, but I have no other choice. Working for them for almost 1 year and now leaving. Problems with the coordinators from the very beginning, sending you to the worst, abusive and rude clients, bcs noone wants to go there. If you´re a new PA, be ready for this. This is mentaly and physically hard work for minimum wage! You´ll be dealing with colostomy bags or doing manual bowel care by your finger, with some clients on daily basis. All this with no respect and no support from the agency. The payroll team doesn´t know how to calculate your salary or holiday pay. The have lost 4 days of my holiday from the last year. They told me that it has been paid, but I never received the money. No evidence. Be ready for constant errors in payslips and make sure they pay you correctly! Despite I was in touch with many people from AA, they aren´t able to sort it out. Even the clients are upset, bcs of getting useless PAs and loosing a good ones. The agency doesn´t value a good workers, they just don´t care at all. Even if you have education, experience and references. This agency doesn´t talk to you if you have any problems with them.
Find a private client instead. You´ll get better money and human work conditions.
A real credit to the industry
Carer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 July 2019
I have only been an employee of Active Assistance for a few months, but already have the complete sense of pride in the company - how they conduct themselves, how they treat ALL their employees and how they really ensure they are improving themselves all the time....

All teams are so hands-on and really supportive with anybody who are in process for a role at Active. The Recruitment team are absolutely incredible and cannot do enough for you - they never make you feel like you're bothering them with questions etc. as a lot of my experience with other company's have been and they're all so lovely and personable! I made a fleeting comment to one of the team that I was going on holiday and when I made another call around 3 weeks later she asked me how it was. It was a really heartwarming touch!

I've had a great first few months here and I feel like I really fit in well with my team. I'm honestly so excited for the future here and I hope a lot more people realise this is the place to be within the healthcare industry,
Official response from Active Care Group
28 July 2019

Thank you so much for this review which we are delighted to see. The Recruitment Team work very hard to deliver the best service we can to our candidates. We know there is so much information we need to share with you throughout the process and try to make it as streamlined as we can, continuously looking to improve. It is a big step to start a new job so answering candidate questions is very important to us.Thanks again and have a great week. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Awful experience.
Live In Carer (Former Employee) –  England3 August 2018
A bunch of incompetent fools in the office, the majority do not know what they are doing. As far as I am concerned, so long as there is a PA in the clients house they no longer care.
Some clients are nice. Others are far from nice and extremely verbally abusive.

The pay? If you're looking for pocket money, go ahead.
Pros
Pros? There are none.
Cons
The company themselves.
Official response from Active Care Group
15 July 2019

Thank you for us giving us this feedback. We can assure you that everyone cares for Personal Assistants as well as Clients. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

I love my job and my clients
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2018
Zero hours is perfect for me as I tell when I want work and when I am not available. I always have lots of work and office staff always nice and help when I call. My training I enjoyed and I meet such good people
Pros
Nice happy kind office staff and nice cluents
Cons
More money would not say no
caring family atmosphere- excellent management
live in carer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 February 2018
I feel very supported and valued in my role as a PA.
Some PAs complaint about their clients or their zero hours contract- why stay and carry on working for the company? I find that the management in Sevenoaks all answer quickly to my queries and always listen to me. A job is what you make it and Active have always supported me and help me to progress.
Pros
caring, supportive, excellent management
Cons
mixed experiences for both clients and staff
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Nationwide6 February 2018
I think a 3 star rating is probably fairly generous, the clients have a very mixed experience with AA. Some clients have terrible problems with very inexperienced PAs for example. For the staff, it really varies a lot.

My own experience as a live-in PA was more or less positive, I was lucky to get an excellent client and an excellent manager to match. So conditions for me were good. The pay is pretty bad, it works out at about minimum wage per hour. Even with free accommodation and food and travel added in, this is not a well paid job. For live in PA's it's a zero hours contract so on paper at least you have zero job security, you're guaranteed nothing. However if you work hard and have a good attitude the clients will want to hold on to you. So your job security comes from your aptitude at work.

Overall a mixed bag really, some good points and bad points. The management could definitely improve. Retention of PA's is a big problem as it is across the industry for most companies in the social care sector.
Pros
free accommodation for live in PAs
Cons
minimum wage per hour
Great start up job
Carer (Former Employee) –  Kent16 January 2018
Active assisstants management is questionable. They are quick to question you about something but are not there when you need them. They took ages to even talk about putting you through studies as well
best job I ever had
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  UK14 July 2016
came without any experience, got my training where i pretty much learnt everything. I traveled the UK from north to south, east to west, met amazing people, coworkers, clients, managment team. sometimes there are some communication issues with coordination team, CSMs but nothing worth mentioning. clients are normally very nice, a delightful company in need of my assistance.
in terms of lifestyle this is the best possible job to have. I'm writing this from the north of Spain, where I'm starting my vacation of a month and a half:)
Pros
lots of travel, great clients, supportive and kind managment team, chances for promotion, free training...
Cons
no matter how much we earn, we would never oppose a raise