Play YouTube video button

Active Care Group Employee Reviews for Care Assistant

Awful place to work. Staff in office unwilling to help.
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London18 November 2019
Active Assistance are terrible. They constantly make mistakes with staff money and do not care to rectify it. You ask to speak to people and don't hear anything for weeks until you bombard them, which you shouldn't have to do. Also always accruing new businesses, which become their priority and forget current staff and clients.
Highly recommended
Care Assistant (Nights) (Current Employee) –  Southampton11 August 2019
I’ve worked for this company for about 4-5 months now, and I absolutely love it. The management is brilliant, and the amount of support you get is unbelievable. I could probably write a book, but I’ll stick to mention a few things. It’s a good salary, you can pick up the shifts you want, they don’t push or force you to do anything you’re not ready to, the clients and their families are lovely, you work 1-to-1 so there’s no hectic shifts running around. I have already recommended this company to my friends and family. Health care companies do have a bad reputation, but this company is completely different, you just have to trust me.
Pros
Good pay, good training and support, you can work when you want
Cons
You work so close with your clients, sometimes you feel bad for not taking on a shift
Bad company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham17 May 2019
I started working with this company in March, on my first assignment I was threw in at the deep end and expected to know what to do even though I had never worked with spinal injuries before, no help from management no induction and my pay was wrong. I haven’t done any more assignments as I was disgusted about the way I was treated and they still owe me £589 which I probably won’t receive.
Pros
Cons
Long hours bad management check your pay
Official response from Active Care Group
15 July 2019

We are sorry to see this feedback. All our PAs must attend and pass an induction before going to work, we also have a PA Liaison Officer and Care Standards Officers to support you whilst you work with us. We would really like the opportunity to put this right for you and discuss further. If you could contact HR@activeassistance.com we would be pleased to hear from you and investigate this further. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

productive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London23 April 2018
staff are very friendly and the clients are amazing. staff are supportive and understanding. best job I've had so far. hours are flexible. only work in a care setting if your a devoted
Nightmare
care assistant (Former Employee) –  Kidderminster, ENG30 December 2013
They continually change shifts at short notice, they don't listen to the concerns of employees and when you complain louder or look into moving clients they stop giving you hours and refuse to contatc you ever again.
Pros
Cons
see above