Play YouTube video button

Active Care Group Employee Reviews in Sevenoaks

Excellent Company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent5 November 2019
Excellent team to be part of. Great office atmosphere.
Personal development to learn new skills
Supportive managers
Team meetings
Knowledge sharing
Dont care about staff!!
Senior rapid response personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks19 August 2019
Well where to start!, I was expected to work 4, 15.5 hour shifts a week, having allot of travel time to and.from work due to the accomadation location they put us in. So I was getting 3/4 hours sleep.per night and expected to still function and do meds! The accomadation we were left in was disgusting staff waking up covered in insect bites. But was told that's all.they can get in their budget!
Work with disabled people is rewarding and challenging at the same time
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent8 May 2019
Every time I go to the new assignment is a big challenge for me, because in a way you have to go out of the comfort zone and adapt to new people and environment.

After each assignment I get new life experience which becomes a new milestone in my life.

You also learn a lot about the care on each assignment.
Pros
I can decide when to work and when to have a long breaks
Cons
Sometimes you don't go quite along with the client, which can be quite challenging at times
Official response from Active Care Group
15 July 2019

Thank you for taking time to write this review and it is great to see that you are enjoying your role and learning lots whilst working with us! Many thanks for all your hard work. Best wishes Active Assistance

Great place to work!
Customer Services and Safeguarding Manager (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent19 February 2018
I have worked at Head Office for about a year now and I am so pleased I joined. The people are great, everyone helps each other and pull together when needed. Overall a great place to work with plenty of opportunities. I have already progressed within the company in the year that I have been here.
Pros
The lovely people
Cons
None that I can think of
A great fun place to work
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent12 February 2018
Care Coordination is a pretty thankless task, it is hard work and stressful, so what makes me want to stay. The bottom line is, I work with a great team, from our MD down, people are supportive and caring. The team I work in are incredibly supportive, we really are a "team" in every sense of the word. The senior management care about their staff and invest huge amounts of time on supporting us in all aspects of our lives, not just those that relate to work. In my 50 years of working I can honestly say that this is the best team I have ever worked with.
Pros
Supportive, caring but fun place to work
Cons
No one ever said no to more money....
Active
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks21 February 2016
Deal with disable clients
Work along a with a team care coordinators, nurses, physiotherapists and families
Great responsibility
Manage time around client
Write reports
Access development of clients
Professional training w/ accomodation provided. Unfortunately, the AA is oten ignoring carers/clients preferences and needs.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent6 February 2016
Work itself is usually satisfactory giving the fact, that each and every client is different and has personal preferences, medical issues, rutines and demands. This type of work is not for everyone and it can be difficult and challenging, but at the end it is vindicated fulfilling mission of helpinig seriosly injured people and providing a better quality life for them.
The Active Assistance company is expanding and it is not focusing on spinal cord injury solely anymore.. Is is growing in quantity and not so much in quality! The company ignores the carers (PAs) needs in accordance with the client's needs and doesn´t try very hard to find the "right fit" and bond between the client and the PA/carer. The most important goal seems to be filling out the empty slots in clients calendar regardles of all considerable aspects above, wich can lead to disasterous situations for the PA as well as the client. The company provides travel tickets to and from the client within UK, but not even that deal is often respected and can´t be counted on.
Pros
Professional training course with accomodation provided.
Cons
For Live in care the pay is per day ( with the long hours makes it way bellow the minimum wage).
very good
PA helping client with spinal cord injury (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG20 January 2016
I like working with this company but i don't like travelling many places.It is good those who likes travelling. And also there is no more time left per day so it is difficult for family man like me. The company is good for his workers and they are trying boost moral for their employees.
good
Cons
more than 10hrs
rewarding
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG10 December 2015
Rewarding job although it is a very tiring one since it demands long shifts (1-3 weeks per shift). the company's staff is always available and they are very friendly as well.
Pros
no expenses while working
Cons
long shifts
Rewarding, Busy, Friendly
Full time Personal Care Assistant (PA) Live-in (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG20 October 2015
Working with Active Assistance has been a huge development to me as a person as I have gained experience I would not gain within other job roles. Typical day consists of getting the client up washed and dressed and then assisting them with their daily routine within their home.
The management team provide as much support as possible however it is difficult as not based at the company and always moving around so communicating with lots of different people.
Hardest part is the constant change and unsociable hours of working and living with the client full time.
Most enjoyable part is meeting new people and developing my own understanding of everyone's needs.
Pros
Gaining experience, meeting new people.
Cons
Long Hours, Unsociable, Full on Care 24/7.
lonely job
P A (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG3 August 2015
I have learnt a lot of new things,however this has been very hard to work away and very long hours some times up to 18hr s the communication between P A and the office is dreadful.
Pros
Cons
very long hours
productive, fun and developers
Trainer/assessor (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG15 July 2013
A typical day for me is to arrive and hour earlier than contracted, to maintain reasonable preparation, deliver mandatory health and social care training to new starters, assist in the learning and development of existing employees and work closely as a team.
I have learned many things from this role and most particularly, how to manage challenging groups and how to train effectively to meet different learning styles.
I work very closely with my managers on a daily basis to ensure equality in the role, and have a great rapport with all.
My co-workers include the main training team, but we all work together to strive for the best quality of care within our selected regions.
Personally the hardest part of my job is adapting to all newcomers. As a company we welcome all so I have to be very cautious on the selected words I say, purely as someone from oversea's may not know or have even heard the words before, so I have to always make sure I adapt to this and never take English as a first language for granted.
The most enjoyable part of my role is being emailed from successful applicants stating how much they enjoyed the training that I delivered, and how much they appreciated the way I trained as it has fully prepared them for the job at hand.
Pros
meeting new people and developing their skills
Cons
(expected) long hours and insufficient pay for the title given
Very flexible and fair company.
personal assistante (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks13 December 2012
I help for disabled people to live an independent life. My company has excellent management, they can control my breaks and work time. I meet great people. This workplace very good to have fun, improve my English knowledge, have experience. From morning till evening I spend time with my client who is more than client, he is my friend. I help him in the daily routine. My workmates have very good knowledge to continue my job when I am away. The most enjoyable when I see smile in client face. The hardest to leave him when I have my holiday.
Pros
i organise the day.
Cons
sometimes we had problem during the night. not easy go to hospital at midnight when we are tired.