Play YouTube video button
Active Care Group
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Active Care Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom78 reviews
Featured review
Active Care Group selected this as a representative review
I’ve worked for this company for about 4-5 months now, and I absolutely love it. The management is brilliant, and the amount of support you get is unbelievable. I could probably write a book, but I’ll stick to mention a few things. It’s a good salary, you can pick up the shifts you want, they don’t push or force you to do anything you’re not ready to, the clients and their families are lovely, you work 1-to-1 so there’s no hectic shifts running around. I have already recommended this company to my friends and family. Health care companies do have a bad reputation, but this company is completely different, you just have to trust me.
Pros
Good pay, good training and support, you can work when you want
Cons
You work so close with your clients, sometimes you feel bad for not taking on a shift
12 December 2019
Thank you so much for reviewing us and recommending us to family and friends.We are pleased to see that you enjoy your work with Clients and their families and would like to take this opportunity to say thank you. Best wishes The Active Assistance Team
Steer clear at all costs. The worst place I ve ever worked your left to your own devices and never supported...........

.............................
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Unprofessional and lying management
27 August 2020
We never want anyone to feel negatively about their time with Active Care Group, so we are very sorry to hear this. We take feedback of this type very seriously so we would really like you to give us more detail by emailing our CEO Ruth Smith at askruthceo@activecaregroup.co.uk
This company is amazing! You have your interview through video call, you set up a date when you're available to come to the UK and start with your 1 week training and after a really good training you start with your first assigment! If you are a person who genuinely cares for the wellbeing of your clients, this is the right job for you! You don't need any previous experience, but your good will to learn and be responsible! Really great pay, flexible work... All in all the best job I ever had
Pros
Good training, good staff, great nature of work, good pay
Cons
The only con is, that you can't get along with every client, but every problem has a solution, so if you really try, you can make everything work out!
27 August 2020
It’s a pleasure to read such positive comments. Thank you for taking the time to share them here – and we hope you continue to find life with us/ or in your career equally enjoyable and rewarding.
On-call duties excessive and badly paid, somehow they've found a loophole to make office staff work full days after having had only an hour or two of sleep after being on-call. Active also still owe me money despite 3 months worth of emails and messages. Management encourage tale-telling and competitiveness, yet wonder why teams aren't cohesive. I had moral concerns with some of their decisions, i.e getting agency cover for clients who desperately need help. You're expected to work outside of allotted hours for no extra pay, and are made to feel guilty about not doing more for colleagues, clients and carers if you don't. For a long while I was working an extra 2 hours a day, but this was never appreciated.
Pros
Standard pay is fine (on call pay is not)
Cons
Basically everything
27 August 2020
The Active Care Group, is going and growing through an exciting changing time.
The opportunities to progress are clear and the desire, from everyone to support you and help you become a success is clear to see.

The expectations to deliver and be successful are clear across the business, lending to a high pressure enviroment, but this channels a healthy completive desire to be the best in the industry.
Pros
Amazing office location, great team enviroment and plenty to do
27 August 2020
Active Assistance is a fast moving and busy environment to work in, each day was extremely busy and stressful.

Your are given to much work and expected to just be able to cope with it.
Pros
Local to Sevenoaks high street
Cons
Long hours, on call, office was so hot, to much work given to one person
27 August 2020
It is a very exciting place to work. It is a very collaborative place to work. Great employees and management. I highly recommend it for any job seeker in this profession to work here.
27 August 2020
I have worked for the company in the recruitment team for over 4 years, and cannot recommend the company highly enough! I have been a part of the growth of the company and all the opportunities that come with that. I have recently been promoted to a new position of Recruitment Team Leader.

Management is great- they are so supportive and really care about their employees. The workplace culture is so positive, and it truly feels like we are all a family, working towards the same goal. Whenever anyone visits the office, they always comment on what a positive, friendly environment it is.

I genuinely love coming to work each day, and the positivity of everyone in the team. The recruitment team are so hard working and finding good carers for our clients is our passion and top priority. We work at speed to contact new candidates that apply within 24 hours, and make their recruitment process as quick, seamless and enjoyable as possible. Sometimes we even make on the day job offers- of applying, interviewing and being offered the role!

I started my career with Active, and I have never looked back, this is definitely the best choice I made joining this company. They have helped me to grow as a person and given me this opportunity to be the Recruitment Team Leader. I love to recruit people into the business, as I know what a good company it is to work for.
Pros
Workplace culture, opportunities for career development, management
Cons
None that I can think of!
27 August 2020
I have been at Active Care Group for nearly three months now. Everyone has been so welcoming and so helpful from the start. People who really do care about others. Everyone goes the extra mile to help everyone out and to make them feel comfortable.
Pros
The team
27 August 2020
Good Experience, Love to work here, Nice team and environment, very supportive management and helpful for career development, learn a lot in my experience
27 August 2020
I have been working for active care Group for more than 3 months. The training was excellent. The job itself is nice (depending on the client) . I have been paid on time every month. Overall it is a good company.
27 August 2020
This is was my first experience working as a carer in the UK. The recruitment team was awesome and I thought that the rest of the company would be similar although I had heard terrible things about management. I'm grateful though that they offered me some kind of a job coming from another European country. I had the chance to meet some wonderful people, carers mostly, and perhaps 2-3 lovely employees. As a new PA, you will get all the clients that no one wants. Once they sent me to a client with a house full of mold where I couldn't breathe and although I complained and begged to be replaced they let me there for a week. The management is so ignorant that it doesn't pay attention to the complaints brought by the carers as they simply don't care about them. Although I had specifically told them that I'm afraid of dogs, they wanted me to go to another client's home where his dog had bitten another carer which I denied of course. I don't think that the minimum wage implies that anyone can do everything or be treated like a slave for this little or for any amount of money. I was harassed by clients for my English accent in spite of the fact that I had studied in the USA and was a former ESOL teacher in my country. After a month in this company, I requested to quit as they wouldn't give me any assignments. They couldn't tell me from HR when was the payday and so they left me unpaid for a whole month but requested me to go to assignments. They threaten me that they would charge me for a whole 12 days of work that I didn't work something which is illegal with a zero-contract. For - more...
27 August 2020
Haven’t received money back from training or food whilst being there which was months back. Limited Clients in certain areas & ignoring emails ! Not happy and have found a new job , i won’t be letting the money part slide either!!
27 August 2020
The most important thing for me that it is flexible. I can work few weeks and then have few weeks off, so I can have several holidays a year.
Clients are very nice, so the work itself usually is pleasant.
Pros
Flexibility, support from company
Cons
during work, you are away from home for few days or weeks
27 August 2020
The problem with these jobs is that they are so dependent on the choices you make. You can have the most relaxing live-in experience in the world or it could be a living nightmare

I don't mind doing the job with cleaning, cooking and all that jazz but when it comes to waking up in the night due to sheer panic from clients, them abusing you by simply saying you are not really a person or racist comments from parents such as: Immigrants have no place here or they enforce me to care for their children.

That's when the last straw is made.

Some people at the office were kind but overall it was awful how they blamed you if you got sick, felt anxious about a certain client or just straight up declined a client for various reasons. You also tried to explain that they made you do extra work that's not part of the contract and actions were never taken.

The time you somewhat could enjoy it was if you had a regular client, you knew their routines from morning to night, you got to know them and you became friends. You got paid to hang out with a friend and I enjoyed that. It's just a shame I met them under those circumstances.
27 August 2020
The clients I've worked with are really lovely. Working hours depend from client to client, but in general work isnt that hard if you have working habits. Nice part of the job is definitely travelling across the country and meeting different people.

Management is another story. They hardly reply on emails, there is a complete lack of communication in the office, so you can expect a lot lof confusion and chaos. It's 2020 and not replying to emails shows ignorance towards employees. They are generally nice over the phone, but lack of needed information bothers me.

Salary is decent, but with some clients that require a lot of attention, it could be higher.
27 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. If you would like to offer further information about your experiences, please email our CEO Ruth Smith at askruthceo@activecaregroup.co.uk
It was the worst work experience ever. The majority of the houses I visited the family or the patients were awful with rotten attitudes towards the carers. They mistreat the carers. You do not get a break, you are constantly on your feet with the patients saying you are not here to sit so they find you menial and rotten tasks to do like weeding.The company does not look after the carers, they listen to the unfair comments from the patients. They fail to consider that the whole time you are at the property that person was receiving care and support . to the unfair and harsh comments from the cliens and refuse to consider your safety.
27 August 2020
It is a zero-hour contract, where you just get a call (or not) for you to go to work in a "whether you like it or not"-way. They offer work for a specific client, you then go there but the client doesn't expect you at all. You then call Head Office and they know nothing about your case...
This was only one example out of many.
27 August 2020
Management is very poor. They always under pay carers. They never reply their emails. They don't respond to concerns raised by their carers. All they're interested in is their money. When you complain, you're left with no job. They are really terrible people.
27 August 2020
My experience is as a LIVE IN PA only. An assignment is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you’re gonna get.
0 hrs contracts or Salaried available. Live in Care packages or Live out available.

Training is a week, and quite good but no amount of sitting reading handouts prepares you for your first client. Make sure on your first assignment that you insist that the handover is thorough.

New PA’s get clients that no one else wants and you can find yourself thrown in at the deep end. However, don’t judge your first one as a typical client, I suggest you get a few experiences under your belt before you decide if you can hack it. As a live in PA you can find yourself in a nice room with tv etc or for example a tiny bedroom with a single bed and a dirty mattress, cheap ancient duvet and smelly stained pillows, sharing the bathroom with your client and cooking on a broken cooker, washing with an old leaky washing machine, walking and picking up the waste of the clients oversized dog, mowing the lawn, cleaning up after family and previous PA’s. You may be asked to cook for the client and their family and running around driving them to wherever they ask all for no extra pay. Be wary of becoming a “regular” with a client too early, check out travel expenses because although you get paid slightly more you no longer get your travel costs and have to pay these yourself. The company now offer a salaried contract which may suit you better than the 0hr contracts it all depends how many weeks you want to work. This is where you can make the average wage but you probably have to
 - more...
27 August 2020
Demanding and stressfull with absolutely no support from Management when needed.
Salary bellow expectations with a daily accomodation offset (for a live-in position) at an actual no additional expense for a company.