Active Care Group Employee Reviews

If you like yourself, don´t work for them
Live in carer (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom6 September 2019
I´m sorry to write a bad review, but I have no other choice. Working for them for almost 1 year and now leaving. Problems with the coordinators from the very beginning, sending you to the worst, abusive and rude clients, bcs noone wants to go there. If you´re a new PA, be ready for this. This is mentaly and physically hard work for minimum wage! You´ll be dealing with colostomy bags or doing manual bowel care by your finger, with some clients on daily basis. All this with no respect and no support from the agency. The payroll team doesn´t know how to calculate your salary or holiday pay. The have lost 4 days of my holiday from the last year. They told me that it has been paid, but I never received the money. No evidence. Be ready for constant errors in payslips and make sure they pay you correctly! Despite I was in touch with many people from AA, they aren´t able to sort it out. Even the clients are upset, bcs of getting useless PAs and loosing a good ones. The agency doesn´t value a good workers, they just don´t care at all. Even if you have education, experience and references. This agency doesn´t talk to you if you have any problems with them.
Find a private client instead. You´ll get better money and human work conditions.
active
PA, ACTIVE ASSISTANCE (Current Employee) –  England31 August 2019
Nice managers, but the company fails on communication. Rota's not received on time, no one gets back to you, promised things that dont really happen etc.
Dont care about staff!!
Senior rapid response personal assistant (Former Employee) –  Sevenoaks19 August 2019
Well where to start!, I was expected to work 4, 15.5 hour shifts a week, having allot of travel time to and.from work due to the accomadation location they put us in. So I was getting 3/4 hours sleep.per night and expected to still function and do meds! The accomadation we were left in was disgusting staff waking up covered in insect bites. But was told that's all.they can get in their budget!
Highly recommended
Care Assistant (Nights) (Current Employee) –  Southampton11 August 2019
I’ve worked for this company for about 4-5 months now, and I absolutely love it. The management is brilliant, and the amount of support you get is unbelievable. I could probably write a book, but I’ll stick to mention a few things. It’s a good salary, you can pick up the shifts you want, they don’t push or force you to do anything you’re not ready to, the clients and their families are lovely, you work 1-to-1 so there’s no hectic shifts running around. I have already recommended this company to my friends and family. Health care companies do have a bad reputation, but this company is completely different, you just have to trust me.
Pros
Good pay, good training and support, you can work when you want
Cons
You work so close with your clients, sometimes you feel bad for not taking on a shift
Excellent company
Personal assistant (Current Employee) –  England3 August 2019
I've been a live in carer with Active for almost 7 years and have found them a great company to work for. Good communication from the head office and excellent training.
Pros
You can choose your own work schedule
Cons
Great agency to work for
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Redditch1 August 2019
Over all my experience so far has been nothing but positive. The recruitment process was very efficient as well as informative I knew exactly what I was getting in to and the training provided was extensive, I have regular contact with the office I also know that there is a support network there if I need it, the pay is good as well as having hours that suit my needs.
A real credit to the industry
Carer (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 July 2019
I have only been an employee of Active Assistance for a few months, but already have the complete sense of pride in the company - how they conduct themselves, how they treat ALL their employees and how they really ensure they are improving themselves all the time....

All teams are so hands-on and really supportive with anybody who are in process for a role at Active. The Recruitment team are absolutely incredible and cannot do enough for you - they never make you feel like you're bothering them with questions etc. as a lot of my experience with other company's have been and they're all so lovely and personable! I made a fleeting comment to one of the team that I was going on holiday and when I made another call around 3 weeks later she asked me how it was. It was a really heartwarming touch!

I've had a great first few months here and I feel like I really fit in well with my team. I'm honestly so excited for the future here and I hope a lot more people realise this is the place to be within the healthcare industry,
28 July 2019

Thank you so much for this review which we are delighted to see. The Recruitment Team work very hard to deliver the best service we can to our candidates. We know there is so much information we need to share with you throughout the process and try to make it as streamlined as we can, continuously looking to improve. It is a big step to start a new job so answering candidate questions is very important to us.Thanks again and have a great week. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Bad company
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham17 May 2019
I started working with this company in March, on my first assignment I was threw in at the deep end and expected to know what to do even though I had never worked with spinal injuries before, no help from management no induction and my pay was wrong. I haven’t done any more assignments as I was disgusted about the way I was treated and they still owe me £589 which I probably won’t receive.
Pros
Cons
Long hours bad management check your pay
15 July 2019

We are sorry to see this feedback. All our PAs must attend and pass an induction before going to work, we also have a PA Liaison Officer and Care Standards Officers to support you whilst you work with us. We would really like the opportunity to put this right for you and discuss further. If you could contact HR@activeassistance.com we would be pleased to hear from you and investigate this further. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Work with disabled people is rewarding and challenging at the same time
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent8 May 2019
Every time I go to the new assignment is a big challenge for me, because in a way you have to go out of the comfort zone and adapt to new people and environment.

After each assignment I get new life experience which becomes a new milestone in my life.

You also learn a lot about the care on each assignment.
Pros
I can decide when to work and when to have a long breaks
Cons
Sometimes you don't go quite along with the client, which can be quite challenging at times
15 July 2019

Thank you for taking time to write this review and it is great to see that you are enjoying your role and learning lots whilst working with us! Many thanks for all your hard work. Best wishes Active Assistance

Worst company to work for.
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Essex20 April 2019
Every month I needed to chase my money as they would leave me short or not pay me at all.
They did not care and said that the office staff were under alot of pressure. But did not care about me being under pressure from not being paid and not being able to pay my bills in time each month. I had no choice but to leave and now work for a much better company. Avoid at all costs!
Pros
None terrible company.
Cons
Everything.
15 July 2019

We are sorry that you felt you had no choice to leave us. We have taken your comments seriously and fed back to the relevant teams. We wish you all the very best in your new role. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Very bad company to work for
Pets (Former Employee) –  Dorset3 April 2019
I have worked for active for over a year now and it’s been nothing but grief Since the start. The only thing that kept me there was the clients was so lovely.
On my interview and induction the company sounded amazing however I quickly realised this wasn’t the case , I was totally unsupported by my manger and head office .
The care plans are never correct , had over 15/20 members of staff falling asleep on waking night shifts and when I reported this it was turned around on myself
I had so many shifts that was cancelled being 0 hour contract there was nothing I could do about it and I wouldn’t be paid.
I worked 8 nights straight over Christmas and never got a thank you
I was wrongly accused of several things and when I had prof that this wasn’t correct they didn’t want to know.
Training was very basic and poor.
Communication was a massive failure in this company
I have been pushed out and had no other way but to hand in my notice with immediate effect
If it wasn’t for the clients and loving the job role I would of left a long time ago.
Pros
Good hourly rate
Cons
To many
15 July 2019

Thanks for your review. We listen to all feedback and we always take the concerns of our staff seriously. We are sorry that you didn't feel fully supported by us and we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you - if you would like to get in touch please email HR@activeassistance.com
Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Alright
Personal Carer (Current Employee) –  England12 February 2019
I like working for them But the comunication in between the comoany is bad and also when it Comes to personal problem that migh acurre they do not help you that much (such as you getting sickat job and you still Have to keep on working)
Pros
You get to say yes or no to the assignment
Cons
Bad comunnication
15 July 2019

Thank you for your review, we look at these and give feedback to teams and constantly strive to improve. We will work to improve our communication and hope that you are able to gain support from your Care Standards Officer when needed. Please ask your Care Coordinator if you are needing any help to find out who this is. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Client was lovely but support from company was poor.
Support Worker/Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex6 November 2018
Not paid correctly or on time.No payslips when requested.
Working practices breeched. No time for breaks on 12 hr shift. Lack of communication with office.
Pros
Great client
Cons
Long hours and low pay for complex care.
15 July 2019

We are sorry to read your concerns that you have written, please contact HR@activeassistance.com to discuss this further with them. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

P.a (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 October 2018
Ive been with active 3 months now, always meeting new people, never short of work and management are amazing with support! Would highly recommend to work for.
Pros
Management support is fantastic
15 July 2019

Thank you for taking time to write a review, we really appreciate this.Thank you for all your hard work and we are pleased that you are enjoying your role.

Very fulfilling
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham1 October 2018
Good training. Amazing support from the management. They are wonderful they offer you the best support. The clients are very good. I enjoy it a lot...
Pros
Good support system from management and clients
Cons
None so far
15 July 2019

This is great to see and we are pleased to see that you are enjoying your role. Thank you for all your hard work. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Fulfilling
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  England26 September 2018
I've been with active for 3 months now and can honestly say that it has been a blast. I've never been short of work which If I was honest I was a little worried about when I started being a zero hour contract, but the work is there if you're willing to do it. The clients for the most part have been great, obviously each client is different and some can be more demanding and stressful than others but I've never felt like I've been out of my depth with the job. If I could pick a negative with the job it would be the training, that being there's not enough practical training and is more focused on the power point lessons.
Pros
Fulfilling, fun and a good challenge
Cons
None that I can think of.
Actives HR and payrol staff are consistantly unhelpful. Managers, training and clients are great.
P.A (Current Employee) –  South of England25 September 2018
If you want to spend every month chasing money that they've missed off your salary, then this is the job for you. The office staff are not on the ball at all, but worst of all they really don't care. It's a shame as it's really basic stuff their failing on but to P.As it's paramount to whether they decide to stay or leave. My manager is however lovely and will support you with anything you need. The training is excellent and repeated annually plus there are additional training opportunities. The clients are very plessant to work for too. I would give this job 5 stars if it wasn't for the head office staff they really do drag the firm down.
Pros
Training opportunities, lovely clients, supportive managers
Cons
Office staff's attitude and competence.
15 July 2019

We are sorry to see this and are continually feeding back to teams and managers to improve our service. We appreciate your honesty and are pleased that you have a good Line Manager. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

Awful experience.
Live In Carer (Former Employee) –  England3 August 2018
A bunch of incompetent fools in the office, the majority do not know what they are doing. As far as I am concerned, so long as there is a PA in the clients house they no longer care.
Some clients are nice. Others are far from nice and extremely verbally abusive.

The pay? If you're looking for pocket money, go ahead.
Pros
Pros? There are none.
Cons
The company themselves.
15 July 2019

Thank you for us giving us this feedback. We can assure you that everyone cares for Personal Assistants as well as Clients. Best wishes Active Assistance Team

productive
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  London23 April 2018
staff are very friendly and the clients are amazing. staff are supportive and understanding. best job I've had so far. hours are flexible. only work in a care setting if your a devoted
Ridiculous Company
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom1 April 2018
Offered a 20 hour contract after working for the company for over two years. I accepted. Four years down the line and they've removed my contract. Put me on zero hours without speaking to me, taken me off my usual shift patterns and completely messed up my life hence the job hunt. The office do not care about their clients they just care if there is a body to fill in shifts or any gaps in the rota. A lot of the PAs sent to work on packages that are unable to communicate effectively because they cannot speak English.
This is not a very good company to work for or be one of their clients.
Pros
Cons
Lots and lots.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.

Active Care Group Reviews by Location