Active Assistance Employee Reviews

I love my job and my clients
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands16 February 2018
Zero hours is perfect for me as I tell when I want work and when I am not available. I always have lots of work and office staff always nice and help when I call. My training I enjoyed and I meet such good people
Pros
Nice happy kind office staff and nice cluents
Cons
More money would not say no
Great caring staff and good managers
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 February 2018
I feel my queries are answered when I contact the office and the managers have been helpful when I call them. The training was great and prepared me for my work
Pros
Happy helpful office staff
Cons
Some long hours with some clients
A great fun place to work
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent12 February 2018
Care Coordination is a pretty thankless task, it is hard work and stressful, so what makes me want to stay. The bottom line is, I work with a great team, from our MD down, people are supportive and caring. The team I work in are incredibly supportive, we really are a "team" in every sense of the word. The senior management care about their staff and invest huge amounts of time on supporting us in all aspects of our lives, not just those that relate to work. In my 50 years of working I can honestly say that this is the best team I have ever worked with.
Pros
Supportive, caring but fun place to work
Cons
No one ever said no to more money....
caring family atmosphere- excellent management
live in carer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 February 2018
I feel very supported and valued in my role as a PA.
Some PAs complaint about their clients or their zero hours contract- why stay and carry on working for the company? I find that the management in Sevenoaks all answer quickly to my queries and always listen to me. A job is what you make it and Active have always supported me and help me to progress.
Pros
caring, supportive, excellent management
Great start up job
Carer (Former Employee) –  Kent16 January 2018
Active assisstants management is questionable. They are quick to question you about something but are not there when you need them. They took ages to even talk about putting you through studies as well
the good work ethic
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  nationwide14 November 2017
I was Working with a great group of people. Working in well organised, exciting workplace, the work given was very flexible. To changeover to another company will be a new challenge.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Supportive network
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Home based12 June 2017
My colleagues and manager are the best ive ever had, you work hard but everyone is passionate about the care of the clients.
Managing my own diary is great for me and my manager does not micro manage so you are free to grow into your role and can make the role your own while building confidence in decision making.
Pros
Managing your own diary
Cons
Lots of traveling
Not a good company to work for.
Clinical Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hampshire21 March 2017
They are not fair to their own employees and not good with their clients. No benefits. No mileage pay but sent to work elsewhere miles away. They have pretty poor response to their workers.
Pros
Clients are very good
Cons
No benefits, no mileage pay not suitable hours etc... .
Management is really poor
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  All around UK28 February 2017
It's live in carer job and everything is fine about working with clients around UK, but mostly of time if you don't have regular client you must write emails and ring to the company to give you some assignments(because is zero hour contract) if they answer of course, because without assignment you don't have work and mostly of time you have problem with company like they don't replay back on emails, they do mistake on payslip you get incorrect salary ,basicly they just don't care for carers because they see us that we are just a number in the company and because of that a lot of good carers are leaving the company and every week they provide trening course to new people to start working with them mostly foreign workers working in activ assistance .
Pros
You meet some good clients
Cons
Long hours, must travel all around UK, Sometimes you must cover expenses with your own money like( hotel room, train ticket) you get it back on the end of month
Good company
Care service manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester8 January 2017
Good company who put they're clients welfare paramount I enjoy working for this company
Good training
Good HR process and support
I can recommend this company to both clients and PA's the staff are caring
When applying references are thourally checked and all staff have a DBS check
No member of staff is taken if their references are negative
Pros
Paid travel to assignments
workplace
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oswestry, Shropshire5 January 2017
Everyday Tasks such as personal care, cooking. cleaning.shopping.
Assisting in and out of bed
medication.
I have Learned how to assist people with spinal problems.
Hardest part of the job is some days you get no breaks throughout the day then some days you get no breaks.
I enjoy helping/assisting people with everyday tasks and needs.
Management is not the best as the head office is in Kent and not many of the office staff there knows what goes on everyday in the spinal rehab bungalows.
The staff that are there at the moment are mostly live in's helping out as there's only me originally there.
Cons
long hours some days without breaks and some days more breaks less work
0 job stability lack of hours
Personal assistant (Former Employee) –  West Midlands8 December 2016
Poorly managed lack of hours lack of communication
Lovely clients
No support
Discrepancies in pay
Lack of professionalism
The company are non supportive
Pros
Clients
rewarding
PA to specialist neuro clients (Current Employee) –  London28 July 2016
Rewarding. Good holiday options. Good training. Broad and wide experience gainable. Certificates for competencies gainable. 1:1 personnel available for any issues that may require support and discussion confidentially.
Pros
food allowance
best job I ever had
Live in carer (Current Employee) –  UK14 July 2016
came without any experience, got my training where i pretty much learnt everything. I traveled the UK from north to south, east to west, met amazing people, coworkers, clients, managment team. sometimes there are some communication issues with coordination team, CSMs but nothing worth mentioning. clients are normally very nice, a delightful company in need of my assistance.
in terms of lifestyle this is the best possible job to have. I'm writing this from the north of Spain, where I'm starting my vacation of a month and a half:)
Pros
lots of travel, great clients, supportive and kind managment team, chances for promotion, free training...
Cons
no matter how much we earn, we would never oppose a raise
Nice workmates and clients, poorly managed at times
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  London20 April 2016
The training we got was wonderful, but did not account for everything as I was working under Bupa. I do not enjoy being in charge of children so I ended up working further out in Essex. I very much liked the clients and everybody I worked with, however I would often not have enough hours. Either 5 hours a day and needing to work more days, or 12 hours plus travel. I have a later rising body clock and I felt that the unpredictable shift patterns, which were not always flexible, were messing with my mental health, and also when I was working out in Essex I would spend £40 on travel there and back, which I would not be compensated for. Even though I was working 12 hours and travelling 4 hours, only about £50 could be taken as my daily wage as I would make around £90 in a day. For these reasons and difficulties arranging time off, I no longer wish to work with them.
Pros
job satisfaction, nice work environment, not stressful, good people
Cons
unpredictable shifts, zero hour, travel money, difficult communication at times, somewhat isolating
Active
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks21 February 2016
Deal with disable clients
Work along a with a team care coordinators, nurses, physiotherapists and families
Great responsibility
Manage time around client
Write reports
Access development of clients
Professional training w/ accomodation provided. Unfortunately, the AA is oten ignoring carers/clients preferences and needs.
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, Kent6 February 2016
Work itself is usually satisfactory giving the fact, that each and every client is different and has personal preferences, medical issues, rutines and demands. This type of work is not for everyone and it can be difficult and challenging, but at the end it is vindicated fulfilling mission of helpinig seriosly injured people and providing a better quality life for them.
The Active Assistance company is expanding and it is not focusing on spinal cord injury solely anymore.. Is is growing in quantity and not so much in quality! The company ignores the carers (PAs) needs in accordance with the client's needs and doesn´t try very hard to find the "right fit" and bond between the client and the PA/carer. The most important goal seems to be filling out the empty slots in clients calendar regardles of all considerable aspects above, wich can lead to disasterous situations for the PA as well as the client. The company provides travel tickets to and from the client within UK, but not even that deal is often respected and can´t be counted on.
Pros
Professional training course with accomodation provided.
Cons
For Live in care the pay is per day ( with the long hours makes it way bellow the minimum wage).
very good
PA helping client with spinal cord injury (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG20 January 2016
I like working with this company but i don't like travelling many places.It is good those who likes travelling. And also there is no more time left per day so it is difficult for family man like me. The company is good for his workers and they are trying boost moral for their employees.
good
Cons
more than 10hrs
rewarding
Healthcare Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sevenoaks, ENG10 December 2015
Rewarding job although it is a very tiring one since it demands long shifts (1-3 weeks per shift). the company's staff is always available and they are very friendly as well.
Pros
no expenses while working
Cons
long shifts
Not the best move
PA (Current Employee) –  Kent18 November 2015
The saying too many cooks spoil the broth comes to mind. So many Chiefs and the few Indians leaving. I joined them and the PA who's job I took was not happy with the company. I soon learned she worked 6.45am to after 10pm at night Mon to Sunday with little rest and no appreciation and no support from her employer who's right hand didn't know what it's left was doing. She only left the house to get the clients tv paper for fifteen minutes each week. I my back at work doing the same hours lifting that client and the only calls I got from my employer were criticising and trying to place the blame over my injury on me despite two doctors opinions. Beware you will not get back anything you spend on travel to interviews or training though they say you will and if you leave they will deduct the training costs and DBS costs from your wages I was told after employment in two emails. I was told before employment they would return all costs outlayed, I had to pay taxis to and from the station too though my client paid the company for those I never received the money.
Pros
Training and a DBS
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Active Assistance. Our community is ready to answer.

Active Assistance Reviews by Location