Activate Learning

Activate Learning Employee Reviews

Activate Learning is a collection of colleges in the Berkshire area. I was working within Reading College during my 1st year of studying on my HND. Although labelled student coach my work did not include me meeting with any of the students. I was spent time working in the electronic lab preparing circuits and electrical devices for lessons. It was time consuming sorting the different circuits, and often there was damage which we were expected to repair will little support. Many of the instructions to prepare the circuits were unclear.
Pros
Fit easily around my course.
Cons
Was often time consuming with unclear instructions.
Activate Learning has a very toxic culture. There is no support available if you are struggling with work. I worked there for two years and in my second year I never had any one to ones with my line manager. I was never asked how I am doing in my job and was always loaded with work.
Cons
Toxic culture. No support. Micro management
Happy place to work! Staff really helpful and supportive to each other like family. Management is efficient. Working with youngsters in classroom is a cheering job everyday. Only the issue I have is my language as I am not a native speaker but students are really good and I can communicate well with them.
Great support direction and supportive people. Only left due to temporary role travelling form North East to Oxford weekly so not sustainable to commute.
Working unpaid voluntary work for activate learning and the city of oxford college was a fun and useful experience, it taught me how to use a camera efficiently etc
Pros
Good Experiance
Cons
Unpaid
A lovely place to work, with great support and benefits from the HR team and management. In the department I worked in, the work can be a little one dimensional, but made for by the working environment. New, modern gym and hair & beauty salon on site, with staff discounts. Cafe's and restaurants. All in all, well recommended.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Dull work sometimes, depending on department.