Action for Children Employee Reviews

Sensitive and supportive
Foster Carer (Former Employee) –  Irlam9 September 2018
Excellent company to work for. Very professional and supportive - giving the time when needed to help Carers to cope with any challenge presented by the looked after child. Training is person centred, interactive and meaningful.
Facilities are good both the environment and supply of resources. The staff are lovely and very professional.
Pros
Friendly, supportive and meaningful.
Cons
The looked after children can be very challenging.
Not a bad job for Volunteering
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea15 August 2018
Worked without pay as a volunteer at a local action for Children centre. Speaking to new people and forming friendships is rewarding in itself. A lovely job to work in.
Pros
Fun, Good
Cons
n/a
Volunteer coordinator (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 August 2018
A fabulous charity to work for. Managemanet roll their sleeves up and get involved and offer support when needed.
I iworked with a lovely team who were all there for the right reasons, children in need.
Promised the world failed to deliver
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wales25 July 2018
I loved this job, however bad management promised job security and failed to deliver put 100% effort in to a company I believed in to be let down by bad management
Pros
work i believe in
Cons
bad managment
Fun and ability to learn
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 July 2018
Action for Children has offered me a fun volunteer workplace setting where I have been able to deepen my knowledge within certain areas. Action for Children is full of lovely and proactive staff members who welcome you into the workplace and who will offer you support and assistance.
Pros
support
n/a
Young Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glasgow3 July 2018
i only do paper work

learned how to fill out forms

management non existent

workplace culture is poor

hardest part is the boring side of the job

nothing enjoyable
Pros
Cons
boring
Productive and good work environment
Young Persons Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow18 May 2018
Action for Children is a good place to work. Excellent amount of annual leave and flexibility for family life. I am very happy with the experiences and skills that I have learnt here.
Productive and fun working place
Activity Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, Dorset14 May 2018
Fun, Enjoyable and great staff to work with.

Every day is different and always keeps you busy.

Learnt a lot about myself and how much difference you can make to a family/Child by giving them a little of your time and support.

I thoroughly enjoy every part of my job as a Support Activity Worker.
poor work life balance
Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire10 May 2018
poor work life balance. I do not wish to express anything further. Action for children, carry out excellent work for children, young people and their families.
A great place to work
HR LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire20 April 2018
Staff friendly, supportive and encouraging. Workload manageable and interesting. Management provided key skills workshops and CV writing workshops to support staff facing redundancy which I thought was great.
A very good organisation to work for.
Lead Family Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North West11 April 2018
I enjoyed working for this organisation, and found it extremely supportive, with good opportunities to advance job wise. The management culture was very supportive, open and transparent, and training was excellent.

The work provided to local authorities was of a very high standard, and the organisation's culture was that of being the best at delivering front line services. The hardest part of the job was that of being a commissioned service, and job security was only as good as the funding streams.
Pros
Supportive infrastructure
Cons
insecurity around contracts due to funding streams.
Great team, interesting role
FAMILY PRACTITIONER (Former Employee) –  Scotland25 March 2018
I worked for the YFN - a project working with young fathers. It was an interesting role and focused on promoting intervention and healthy life choices
Handle with Care
e-HR Client Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Watford19 March 2018
If you want a role that helps people but with an unsure future and a management team that works together to line their own pockets please work here, you are guaranteed to be under appreciated and undermined at almost every level

Thats the cons out of the way, now for the Pro's:

Its not all bad, some people actually care about the work you do but, the work life balance is amazing as they are very understanding of parents and have a good policy on sick pay.
Productive, busy and fun workplace
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 March 2018
Delivering routine and ad hoc tasks. Review accounts and produce report for management and programme committee. Learn about government funding for welfare of children in the deprived inner city of London.
A great place to work with strong team work striving at delivering shared aims and objectives of the Sure Start programme.
Pros
Regular team events
Really worth while
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newbury, Berkshire5 March 2018
no two days were ever the same. Thinking on your feet and dealing with some very complex issues. Worked with a lovely team and always had good management support.
great workplace
Senior Young Persons Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Dundee28 February 2018
great place to work. very productive and rewarding working with young people with additional needs. lots of training opportunites and great staff team
Productive and supportive place to work
Youth Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Kirkintilloch, East Dunbartonshire27 February 2018
Day to day working with residents is enjoyable, challenging and very fulfilling. This also gives me the opportunity to get to know our residents on an individual basis and understand their personalities. This position has improved my knowledge and skill set in this environment and has given me hands on experience with young kids in difficult situations i.e drugs, relationships, alcohol and relationships (attachments). Management are very supportive, constructive and guide in the right direction to help me improve my skill set and give the best advise and support for our residents.
Pros
Good environment and great team
Cons
Nightshift
good place to work colleagues very approachable and very understanding
Elctricians Mate/ Labourer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 February 2018
good to work very approachable colleagues and very understanding they are also very reassuring in case you are unsure or unaware of certain things which is good
Great Company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Ayrshire and Glasgow7 February 2018
Brilliant company to work for. Very committed to their clients and staff. Committed to investing in their staff and ensuing that they development to their potential. Highlyrecommend.
Pros
Investment in your career development
Cons
Can be stressful
Excellent place to work
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham24 January 2018
Always given opportunities to attend training course's and extend on your personal and professional development. Rewarding place to work. Highly recommended applying for a position here if suitable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Action for Children. Our community is ready to answer.