Actavo Employee Reviews

Awful Company
Installer (Former Employee) –  Uk7 April 2019
Worked here for a very short while for good reason.

1. Can be made to travel for hours every day and not get paid a penny for it.. you also don’t get paid for contacting customers and arranging routing, call backs, training, stock days or stock take. About 1.5 hours a day roughly.
2. Work gets piled on top of you. Even if you say it’s too much. It will be ignored and if you’re jobs go over the time allocated you don’t get paid for that either.
3. The managers are rude and ignorant and don’t listen to anything you say, they will also talk about you behind your back unless you’re their mate and then you’ll get the easy runs and progression opportunities.
4. no reward for good work, however make a mistake a you’ll never hear the end of it.
5. The health and safety is so over the top it’s impossible to get jobs done in the time you’re given to do them. If you’re stuck at a job tough. You have zero support.
Pros
It’s work
Cons
Outlined already
Worst place I have ever worked, soul destroying
Installer (Former Employee) –  South east6 February 2019
Do not touch this company with a barge pole. They will promise you the sun, moon and stars at interview stage but it's all smoke and mirrors. You are expected to travel up to 6 hours in a day in your own time and still be on sight from 8.30 to 6 to complete installs. No support from TM's or management. Given grief everyday if you call to cancel jobs on list at 6 when you are due to finish. Don't pay overtime if are late working. I have been working 14-16 hours per day on my own when they are clearly 2 man jobs. Promises of bonus' which rarely happen. They harp on about health and safety but you can be falling asleep at the wheel through pure exhaustion. Expected to go to stores in your own time for stock and then they will only give you enough to barely last 1 or 2 days. I have been out on stress with this job, no work life balance what so ever. Any good reviews written about this job have been clearly written by their own HR staff to bring up ratings as look at the language. Stay well clear of Actavo.
Pros
Cons
Numerous. Long hours, stress, no work life balance
Energetic fast paced team working environment
Support role (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow15 January 2019
Great place to work, love the atmosphere and energy. If you work hard, there will be opportunities for you. You will learn a lot. The management are friendly and fair, there are social events throughout the year and most people take part and enjoy. The workplace is friendly and fun. You do need to work but that is the same as most places I've worked.
Pros
Opportunities to progress
Cons
Holiday entitlement could be better
ambitious and hard working environment
Performance Manager (Current Employee) –  City park Glasgow10 December 2018
Pros

Actavo, City Park, Glasgow has a great team ethic at this office and support is only a desk away. As an employee for over 5 years in various positions I can say that hard work is rewarded with internal opportunities to progress and develop your career. The current senior management has a modern and flexible approach to get the best out of the staff and if you buy into the Actavo ethos you are sure to succeed within the company. Actavo has a secure financial footing and with an ever expanding contract portfolio I view this a great company to work for.

Cons

High expectations of all staff in every department so do not apply if you expect an "easy shift" as this is a very busy/productive office. Some additional internal training opportunities would be welcomed.
Pros
secure job
Cons
busy office
Great Place to Work
Senior Management Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow5 December 2018
Actavo is an a warm and welcoming company to work for. As someone who left to pursue a career that did not quit work out, I can say with all honestly that this is somewhere you want to work. There are a wide variety of roles within the company lots of opportunities to progress if you should choose.
Cons
location not ideal
Shambolic establishment
Dual fuel meter installer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow2 December 2018
This company is a prime example of incompetence. The way that they treat workers is disgusting. Salaries in England are almost £4000 per year more than in Scotland. New starts are treated with more respect than the longer serving employees. Absolutely no chance of career progression unless youre tight with your manager. Constant changes to workload to give office staff a lighter workload. Low morale accross the company. corrupt to the core. The bonus is not anywhere near achievable. No loyalty bonus for longer serving employees. No trust for smart meter installers in the field with constant challenging of why jobs arent completed. Wages are never paid correctly. Avoid this place at all costs, utter utter shambles. The office based staff who are supposed to be there to help only make the job harder, they havnt got a clue! Jobs are rarely booked in correctly. Anytime there is a dispute the only reply you will get is "its in the contract" this contract seems to change every week. Forced to work away in England as part of a rota. The blind leading the blind. If you try and help this company out by doing overtime or picking up jobs late in the day you'll only become a target and be walked all over the top of.
Pros
Cons
Salary differences. incompetent office staff. Corrupt.
awful company
duel fuel engineer (Former Employee) –  London29 November 2018
avoid this company if you value your sanity!!!
was a duel fuel engineer and this company nearly gave me mental health issues.
my brother worked for them at the same time and nearly had a nervous breakdown!!!!
terrible management..... constant pressure to reach unobtainable target's..... worst 6 months of my life and i am ex military!!!!!!!!!
DONT TAKE A JOB WITH THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
hometime when it came about
Cons
to many to mention
Urgently avoid
Dual Fuel Engineer (Former Employee) –  Essex19 November 2018
Worked for them as a dual fuel meter installer. Read others review as they are very accurate.

The tools provided were remnants and salvage from other previous workers that had left which included tools those fitters bought themselves. Poor quality and my direct manager stated that "unless I buy you a replacement I don't know how I would replace anything if it becomes unusable".

Was not assigned a mentor and never had a static mentor for over 3 months, some were not even 'approved mentors'.

Overtime was not paid on time and I had to raise a grievance just to receive what was due to me.

Managers have no awareness, coordination or people skills.

After months of driving my assigned company van it was found to of had several technical faults that was only made aware to me following a breakdown recovery which the responding representative laughably advised me that 'please don't drive this until it's fixed'.

Please avoid at all costs, not worth the stress.
Pros
Apparently accept anyone.
Cons
Too many to list.
Honesty dont work here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim4 October 2018
Longgggg hours .. You can knock your pan out for 6 months never be thought off then make one mistake and you'll be torchered.. horrible managers horrible pricing system horrible tools (cheap dirt). Unappreciated and used.
Pros
Being able to leave
Cons
Endless list
The hardest yard work physically i have ever had to perform
yard supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth Airport21 September 2018
I worked in the yard for Actavo in a place near bournemouth airport,noisy filthy enviroment.
rain or shine having to load and unload scaffolding and heavy oblects alot of the time by hand.
If your not fit,this aint the job for you,would suit ex forces or scaffolder,but if you are a scaffy then you would rather get scaffy wages.
For the money,you recieve some days tons of steel tube that has been hired returned by customers(teams of scaffolders),which then gets checked by you in the yard and put away by hand one by one,so a couple of lorrys with four blokes give you a load of this stuff with fittings,you then have to count it all,sometimes measure it all(incase its been cut down in size) and then put it away,so really you are physically doing four scaffolders job just putting it away by hand,theres no thanks and you goto do it all for a tenner an hour,pritty bad,i did not enjoy!,customers are rude, managment are rude,theres no propa product training,staff are rude
Pros
weekly wage to use to drown your sorrows
Cons
it is a con, hard, hard work in the summer, sometimes no breaks!
Management haven't a clue
Engineer Technician (Former Employee) –  Glasgow18 August 2018
Worst company ever to work for. Management never listen to other staff its a I'm all right Jack company im a manager and I know best so get back to work.
Pros
Cons
Long hours poor management bully culture
Installer
Residential installer (Former Employee) –  Belfast, County Antrim14 August 2018
Worked there for six months and it was most definitely the worst job I’ve had. The hours you work are ridiculous and goals set are not achievable. Would highly recommend people to find a job elsewhere. Or if you like working 15 hours shifts and no extra pay then crack on and say goodbye to the family as you won’t see them.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, ridiculous daily work load, poor management
Good company to work for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Wakefield2 August 2018
I've worked at Actavo for a number of years. They genuinely care about their employees and there is plenty of opportunity for progression and self development if you want it.
Pros
Flexible, good pay and benefits
excellent to work for
Duel Fuel Engineer (Former Employee) –  East Midlands15 June 2018
excellent to work for, very supportive employer and I enjoyed my time with them. I would like to work for them again, and will be reapplying to them as they are advertising.
Poorly managed company
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Glasgow25 May 2018
I could write a whole book about how bad it was working in their offices in Glasgow, most of the managers don't care about their workers just fake smiles everywhere. Rules of conduct obviously don't apply to the managers or their friends, nepotism, favoritism, unrealistic expectations placed on the workers and the management gets angry when their goals are not met.

The company has potential if they would not be so stingy and expect things to happen without putting in any effort in. Pay is not that good, barely enough to live with. If you are not a manager, you are easily disposable and they make that clear in their attitudes toward you.

Decent people working there, good for experience. Would not recommend staying there over 6 months.
Pros
Free coffee and tea
Cons
Long hours, unrealistic expectations, poorly managed
very few chances
Industrial cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth11 May 2018
more concerned by appearances than their workforce.very top heavy on managers, most of whom are clueless.not a nice firm to work for.very few chances of advancement , unless your in management or H.R.
Pros
Cons
no respect for their low paid workforce
Terrible company
Smart Meter Engineer (Former Employee) –  Midlands3 May 2018
Never get a proper payslip which clearly is an attempt to cover up their non payment of overtime or bonuses. Proper sharks.as an example they provide substandard kit, when I started they insisted that I bought my own batteries for a gas sniffer so I bought duracell which they said were too expensive. Only people who seem to stay are those prepared to put up with bad work conditions and working knowing that money owed will not be paid. I've worked for several metering companies and without a doubt these are the worst by far. BEWARE
Pros
Cons
Qhere to start awful c
Flexible and productive place to work
Quantity Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Scotland2 May 2018
Ability to work on your own as well as in a team. Very good to develop teamwork but badly managed.

The company have started downsizing since October 2017 until today. Advertisement out does not say you will be working long in the company. Find another better-managed company for the opportunity.
Pros
Car for project if working on the feild
Cons
Lack of experience top managers
Career
support services ECO manager UK (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 April 2018
Can advance if motivated in this field.
Busy so learn fast
Good skills to develop
Training available
Location of jobs all over Scotland and beyond so lots of travel
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Poor work/life balance
Terrible organisation
Field Technician (Redundancy) (Former Employee) –  UK22 March 2018
Worst company to work for, EVER!
Management have no idea how to manage. Company deal with one contract at a time and when that has finished they then panic.
Management do not care about the work force on the ground.

Probably the only company that I was glad to get away from,even though it was through redundancy.

Advice to anyone even considering joining Actavo..... DONT!
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Actavo. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9