Acorn Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

Good work when I was given it
Warehouse Operative and hygiene and factory work (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon13 February 2019
Fine except the work was infrequently provided
It looked up though when work was provided.
Pay was always correct and pay was on time.
The working distance was not far a real pluss
Pros
Getting work
Cons
Not getting work
Do not waste your time
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Wigan19 January 2019
I urge you not to waste your time with this poor excuse of an agency!! You will get nowhere whatsoever. You will get invited in to register then you will hear nothing, absolutely nothing. They tell you that they will contact you to confirm if you are successful or not but they don’t. When you ring them to chase it up you will get passed from pillar to post because none of the staff that answer the phone know anything about any vacancies you have been to or applied for. Instead they will take your number and pass on your request to the person handling the vacancy but I am 100% certain that this will not happen because they are incompetent in their job. Avoid this agency like the plague.
Pros
Absolutely Nothing
Langdons Bridgwater
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bridgwater, Somerset26 December 2018
Stay away of this agency
They don't answer your texts
They don't answer your calls
If you have a question for them they will treat you like a piece of ....
And in the end they will sack you 2 days before Christmas 😐
Really???
It's their way of wishes...
Just stay away of Acorn!
Nice work environment
QA Inspector (Current Employee) –  St. Austell, Cornwall18 November 2018
Very good employer , happy to work with them,various hours available,good thing is instant job available,nice work environment and friendly staff. Thanks.
Find a different agency
Manger (Former Employee) –  Somerset england15 November 2018
If leave make sure you get all your money
Do not work for them find a better agency as they do not give all the information and avoid Yeovil Somerset England
Pros
Non
Cons
Don’t trust them
Good Agency
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth9 October 2018
No complaints, handled things well and basically I think they are a good agency. They were very helpful in finding me work and am grateful for the opportunity.
Pros
Handled things well
Cons
Pathetic people no people skills
Chemical worker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn3 October 2018
Absolute joke of a company do not go here promise you the world give you nothing family member very ill work was informed sacked due to this no compassion absolute disgrace!Cowboys!
Promised me ongoing work then put me on stand by after 3 weeks
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Crewe, Cheshire1 October 2018
The staff are rude, they focus on employing foreigners over the English, the money is average, they promise you everything and deliver nothing, I worked for 3 weeks then put on stand by for no reason at all, if your English I promise you to go elsewhere as you will not be looked after with this agency
Pros
Cons
Money, staff, attitude, racist
Plenty of work initially then nothing
worker (Current Employee) –  Wales22 September 2018
Signed up with Acorn and they got me a assignment to start the next day. Had 2 weeks work and then had possibly work and then nothing. Went to office to do induction for another place and felt like I got fobbed off. Absolutely no guarantee of work and when there is work it might just be for one day. Typical of agency
Pros
Friendly and enthusiastic agents
Cons
Absolutely no guard of work. Confusing pay structures
Productive and fun place to work
Temp (Former Employee) –  Cwmcarn, Caerphilly13 August 2018
Start work at 7am. Assemble items told through out the day. Finish at 4pm. The management were friendly. Hardest part of job was collection of manufactured items were set to be collected at a certain time and date before you started the job so everything had to be completed on time.
Good money
Ticket scanner (Former Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea27 July 2018
Despite the hours being long, the work is temporary usually over the course of an intense weekend that pays well. The hours are not set, they are estimated so they can change on the day of work.
Pros
money
Packer/dispatch
Packer / dispatch (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, Devon25 June 2018
People are good . The pay is terrible for the amount of work you do a lot of lazy people about while you work to try and meet your deadlines . You get 1 half hour break . Might as well keep opinions to yourself because the manager thinks it's negative I'd avoid at all costs really. Unless your dumb the carry on .
Cons
Bad pay, over worked, bad management
Magor Brewery
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Magor, Monmouthshire15 May 2018
I work for acorn agency in the Magor Brewery you were treated like a doormat

all the filthy work to do you're the one who did it I was there for two years did not get offered a contract to be made full time they would keep you for 12 weeks lay you off for a week and then take you back on for 12 weeks if you weren't lining the pockets of Acorn agency you weren't asked in regularly I now won't even drink their beer because it's so filthy in their.
Very supportive company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport26 March 2018
I signed up with Acorn and they were very welcoming and approachable they soon found me a 3 week contract which went on for over 12 months. They were always supportive and available when needed.
fun place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea City5 February 2018
checking on all unfilled positions, make sure you do your daily sales calls and sales visits, regular meeting with your staff, using social media for advertising positions networking when you can
Pros
company car
Cons
stressful at times
Below Expectations
Resourcer (Former Employee) –  South West10 January 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. The management is not up to basic expectations and are not approachable. If you ask for help you will be told this is not an option and given unrealistic deadlines.
Pros
You recieve an hour lunch break
Cons
You will take your work home with you
Just a number and nothing else
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport20 October 2017
Worked on this agency for too long at this famous brewery you are stepping on egg shells all of the time only some of the managers are happy to help if there's a problem, the agency are second class or just less than that you are just one mistake from being sacked the amount of turn over on agency staff is incredibly high everyone ends up leaving because of the shifts and the way your treated very poor, £8 pound an hour for well over a year I've seen it loads of times nonsense, quite sad really that people are still treated like this.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Dont care if you got a life outside of work
Good leadership
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, Devon4 October 2017
A typical day at work was straight forward, i learnt how to adapt and work in a workplace environment. The management at Acorn in Tiverton were excellent.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not constant work
Friendly and productive workplace.
Management Accounts Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport11 September 2017
Acorn had an extremely welcoming culture from the moment I arrived which made the implementation process extremely easy. The accounts department in particular showed a definite camaraderie with their willingness to help.
A recruitment agency
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsham, Wiltshire16 July 2017
A good recruitment agency, very helpful I found and always trying to find work for me if I needed it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for temporary work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acorn Recruitment Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.