Acorn Recruitment Ltd

Acorn Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom97 reviews
Pay
Still waiting to be paid forva week off I had sent emails, texts and phone call to rep no response then just been laid off due to shortage of work god knows if Ill get paid what Im owed
Idiots
Terrible company to work for they will mess your pay up at some stage and claim you didn't work when you have so not to pay you, I didn't get final pay or any holiday entitlements I had earned. They took 8 weeks before sending p45 and p60 and 9 weeks for a days pay they owed but still awaiting statutory sick that is owed and have now involved acas
Bad company
Bullying by management when things don’t go there way
0hr contract

managers injoy reminding you your on a 0hr contact

Training is taken out of your pay

Minimum wage

Work hours are changed when suited by management with out notice
Terrible agency
Whilst working for Acorn recruitment I had a lot of issues with the people I was working with and had asked to please be assigned some new work as I felt I was being bullied but Acorn continued to send me the same work when they had other jobs going so I quit the job as I did not want to work with people who would shout abuse and swear at me at work.
Good agency
Good agency to work for. Also paid holiday pay can't fault them. Management were very approachable. Paid weekly straight into the bank. Contact by telephone or email
Worse company ever had misfortune to work for
Worked for acorn as a cleaner at local school left to secure building set alarms was not told at any point at interview or in job discription would have to do this pay terrible and office staff no help what so ever
Milkman
I was given 10 weeks temp to perm work with Acorn never a problem with pay, job description matched so I knew what to expect was taken on after 10 weeks
Only worked one place for them
Was on a placement covering someone for over 6 months, the manager made some thing up to sack me because I asked for my wage to increase as the law stated. Went on my holidays to get a phone call saying I've been fired. No investigation as to why, they just dropped me like I was rubbish.
Excellent team players
It was pleasure to go to work each day and be part of a team of people who had the wealth-fare of their staff members and the interest of the company and its brand at its core.
Pros
Management empathy
Cons
Wages
Production operative
Caerphilly branch staff are outstanding. They find you work and all the paper work is done with a professional manner, When the contracts end you are paid your holidays and your p45 is added on your final payment. Outstanding company.
Reasonable Short Term Employment
When working the pay i received was a decent - good wage. Weeks that included me working a Saturday and Sunday respectively earned me Time & a half and Double pay.
I worked shifts of 12 hours.

The biggest issue i found that when i took a holiday i would only receive 8 hours holiday rather than the 12 hours pay i would receive when i worked. This made taking holidays a stressful process as my wages would be very short/low. This would mean i was unable to enjoy or forfeit holidays with think i really wanted the time off to do.
Avoid
Applied for there vacancy in haydock which was with aimia foods. Went for a Induction with this agency and filled out all paper work at the aimia foods site and everything going good so far.

They text me when i am starting the work which was the following thursday and friday, They text me to cover a shift on tuesday doing a 10pm till 6am shift which I agreed upon.

Thursday comes around and the cancel the shift then friday comes around and no answer from themselves just complete silent.

I waited another week and receive nothing from them, no text messages, no phones or emails but I did get paid the day I worked for them.

Be careful of applying for this agency as they promised me up to 40 hours a week till march 2020 and then I only get 1 day.
Pros
Payment came
Cons
Lie about everything
The management were excellent
I really enjoyed working for Acorn. They gave me so much support.
I would go back to work for Acorn in s heartbeat.

Acorn are a friendly bunch, always happy to help & at the end of a busy day, always gave a smile.

Well done Acorn,
Don't bother
You leave messages about a role and they don't come back to you - awful company - would not want to use them - I would avoid this company if you want work.
Dont know bum from there elbow
I qork for them at a site in doncaster and the management havet got a clue .

I was off in hospital when i got back it was quite so laid me off but still taking new workers on

Never pay holiday pay right

Cant run a drink up in a brewery
Pros
Close to home
Cons
management staff no maners no people skills
good workplace
was a good recruitment agency to work with. paid on time and always found me a job really quickly. They gave good customer service skills, and always reliable.
they got me into work for a short period.
When I was working for acorn they guy who I had to go to wasn't very good, communication was terrible. but he may not work their anymore. minimum wage as expected.
Plenty of work and paid every week
Working shifts for two companies when i was with Acorn one was 12 hours and the last was days and afternoons. I got paid weekly and always correct if there was any need to make an enquiry it was dealt with there and then. The management were great i can't complain really, true and straight that is what i like. I miss weekly pay now.
I asked for a letter regarding my hours and pay for a mortgage and it was done for me, no questions asked. You can phone head office in Newport with a question and get a friendly answer.
Pros
Weekly pay and friendly to approach
Cons
i can't think of any really i had a good four years
Useless
Signed up with the weston branch which told you all the right things just to get you on the books when there was no actual work. kept sending me to biffa and biffa would have too many agency staff so would send a lot of us home with no pay. So i just wasted the fuel for travel from bristol to weston and had no pay what so ever.
Cons
Need improvement on pay for certain work
Good place to work, offered places to work at a good pay rate,,for some types of work NOT ALL.Sometimes low hours are a big problem.one week 40h,the next week 10h.Usuallly get a text message for each shift
Pros
Hourly pay rate hourly, sometimes that is
Cons
Short breaks, if you get one. Short advance on next shift of work
Good work when I was given it
Fine except the work was infrequently provided
It looked up though when work was provided.

Pay was always correct and pay was on time.

The working distance was not far a real pluss
Pros
Getting work
Cons
Not getting work
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acorn Recruitment Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6