Acorn Recruitment Ltd Employee Reviews

Magor Brewery
Machine Operator/Packer (Former Employee) –  Magor, Monmouthshire15 May 2018
I work for acorn agency in the Magor Brewery you were treated like a doormat

all the filthy work to do you're the one who did it I was there for two years did not get offered a contract to be made full time they would keep you for 12 weeks lay you off for a week and then take you back on for 12 weeks if you weren't lining the pockets of Acorn agency you weren't asked in regularly I now won't even drink their beer because it's so filthy in their.
fun place to work
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea City5 February 2018
checking on all unfilled positions, make sure you do your daily sales calls and sales visits, regular meeting with your staff, using social media for advertising positions networking when you can
Pros
company car
Cons
stressful at times
Absolutely Shocking
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Acorn11 January 2018
I would never recommend this Agency to anyone. They are unprofessional, unapproachable, Incompetent and down right rude. Every week pay and holiday pay is wrong, they cant calculate holiday entitlement and when you question them they remind you that you could be released at any time without notice. Its like working in a prison. Talking and laughing is frowned upon. Its soul destroying.
Pros
Cons
Too many
Below Expectations
Resourcer (Former Employee) –  South West10 January 2018
I would not recommend anyone to work for this company. The management is not up to basic expectations and are not approachable. If you ask for help you will be told this is not an option and given unrealistic deadlines.
Pros
You recieve an hour lunch break
Cons
You will take your work home with you
Just a number and nothing else
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Newport20 October 2017
Worked on this agency for too long at this famous brewery you are stepping on egg shells all of the time only some of the managers are happy to help if there's a problem, the agency are second class or just less than that you are just one mistake from being sacked the amount of turn over on agency staff is incredibly high everyone ends up leaving because of the shifts and the way your treated very poor, £8 pound an hour for well over a year I've seen it loads of times nonsense, quite sad really that people are still treated like this.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Dont care if you got a life outside of work
Good leadership
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, Devon4 October 2017
A typical day at work was straight forward, i learnt how to adapt and work in a workplace environment. The management at Acorn in Tiverton were excellent.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Not constant work
Friendly and productive workplace.
Management Accounts Intern (Former Employee) –  Newport, Newport11 September 2017
Acorn had an extremely welcoming culture from the moment I arrived which made the implementation process extremely easy. The accounts department in particular showed a definite camaraderie with their willingness to help.
A recruitment agency
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Corsham, Wiltshire16 July 2017
A good recruitment agency, very helpful I found and always trying to find work for me if I needed it. Would recommend it to anyone looking for temporary work.
Plenty of work available but the company expects total commitment as far as working is concerned.
Fork Lift Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Newport, Newport23 June 2017
I feel as though I'm walking on eggshells because if something goes wrong my job is at risk. Management says that full time employees and agency staff are treated equally but that is definitely not the case
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very long hours
Bin man
bin man (Former Employee) –  Newton Abbot, Devon4 June 2017
I had to work all across newton abbot, i was on agency's. Walk around newton abbot emptying bins. And working a team to get the job finished and speak to the public when needed
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay
Friendly, and very accommodating.
Agency Worker (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham1 June 2017
Through my time at Acorn, I was never without work. They always did their best to accommodate me for travel, and finding me suitable work. The staff are all friendly, and are genuinely concerned about finding work for people who work for them.
Pros
Sort travel to jobs. Good pay.
Cons
N/a
acorn recruitment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon30 May 2017
Fast pasted busy office, lovely clients and staff. 24 hour mobiles and a job culture where you are expected to work 24/7 with little recognition from management.
Good experince
refuse loader (Former Employee) –  TEINGBRIDGE28 May 2017
Was good work for a while then became inconsistent with work not ideal when u need the work they dint always have it. When they did have work was on overbook not guaranteed the work paid for the hour you turn up having traveled there.
Pros
Cons
Good when work there
Good and friendly workplace
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire10 May 2017
Everyday is busy. There are working friendly and helpful people. Always willing to help if there is any problem, organising transport, answering the calls.
great place
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff20 April 2017
great place to work gained a lot of experience being their got on with all my colleagues. enjoyed my time their and had great joy from the job. I've also learnt a great deal.
Very busy production enviroment
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Current Employee) –  Magor, Monmouthshire12 April 2017
Staying focused

Take my time in whatever I do and be safe

Have a good relationship

Could be improved

Driving a FLT with double forks
work
HGV Driver class 2 (Former Employee) –  Newport8 April 2017
one of the best companies I have worked for. very nice and helpful staff. the staff were very friendly. always got an answer when phoned or on rare occasions couldn't, had phone call back with in the hour.. very happy with acorn
awful company
Employee (Former Employee) –  Newport28 March 2017
This company are awful. I would not even recommend it to my worst enemy.

They promise the earth but yet offer no instruction or help. And will drop you as soon as they can. Only after a quick buck.
fun workplace
packing (Former Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk6 March 2017
Work was hard, but when you work with great team, your day runs fast. in there Im learned, packing different products, printed labels, improve my communication skills, because there was a peoples from different countries.
Pros
free lunches
Always helpful
Warehouse / Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Devon, UK27 January 2017
Great to work for Acorn as they always had work for me.They look out for full time work too and have a wide range of jobs.Nothing is ever too much trouble.
Pros
Very Helpful
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Acorn Recruitment Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.