Acorn Homes (Group) Ltd

Acorn Homes (Group) Ltd Employee Reviews

Great place to work and supportive, friendly head office staff.

Good outcomes for young people and young adults.

Would recommend to a friend anytime
May as well move in
Extremely busy, very demanding and fast paced.you won't finish one job and you'll be on the next.the hours are very long,and you'll be there often.
No one above you will ever be grateful,and you'll feel like no more than a number,can expendable one at that.
The Lighthouse school
I have been a part of The Lighthouse School for nearly 8 years, although the job can be challenging at times, the rewards are huge. We support some amazing charismatic young people, and play a very big part in their lives. We follow the national curriculum with additional extra curricular subjects and activities. None of which would be possible without our fantastic dedicated staff team.
Pros
Excellent training and support from Acorn Homes, with support and guidance from the school SLT team.
Lone working,so need to just get on with it.
Although the job was stressful at times. I really enjoyed working for them. I feel it is one of the jobs i have learnt the most from. Really enjoyed working witht he young people,i feel i built really good bonds witht hem.
Pros
Longs days, which meant more days of
Cons
Cover lots of hours when short staff.
This is s good company to work for
This is s good company to work for, they look after their staff and they provide employee benefits.

The company encourages staff to develop and will home grow staff where possible. To enable staff to develop professional there is a wealth of training and unlike many other companies they provide actual training rather than on-line virtual training.

Staff can therefore join the company and grow and develop at their pace and take on new challenges and responsibilities.
Pros
The company appropriately focuses on staff welfare.
Cons
the work has obvious stresses at times
terrible
My DBS took slightly longer to come through than those i trained with, and by the time i started (8 weeks later) all the people i trained with had been promoted. my first day i was left entirely on my own, not having met any of the kids. I had to deal with police and social workers, not knowing anything about the kids.
Poitive Outcomes
Although working with vulnerable young people and the behaviours they display at times can be stressful and tiring, the feeling you get when you see these young people turn their lives around as a result of the work you do with them is amazing. A real sense of achievement and fulfilment.
The support from staff is great and love that I can work with people I get on so well with.

With the company expanding there are constant opportunities for progression but also if you are not looking to commit to a higher role there is no pressure.
Pros
Perk box and salary sacrifice options, career opportunities
Cons
Some long hours but always followed with sufficient time off
Great Place to Work
Acorn Homes is an amazing company to work for. They are very supportive and provide great opportunities. I hope that I work here for many more years as I love my job.
Pros
Staff perks; great team
Turned into a good career
I joined Acorn just over a year ago as a support worker. I did find the job challenging at times, and some hours can be long, but after a few months I found helping young people and working with staff who supported me and always seemed happy quite refreshing! Recently I have been promoted to team leader and I am on a path of development to Deputy. I never thought I would get to a path to management.
Pros
Training, support, opportunities
Cons
Can be stressful with young people at times
I have been working for Acorn Homes for 5 years, and enjoy working for such a diverse Company.

I have always found that home and education staff go the extra mile to support our young people.
Pros
The Staff
Cons
The nature of the work means it can be challenging
good place to work
A good place to work many interesting problems to solve most of staff very friendly. Lots of travel due to many homes the have and job was well satisfying.
Pros
van supplied
Cons
not all staff nice