ACHIEVING FOR CHILDREN Employee Reviews

Achieving for Children
Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond30 December 2018
Excellent management information systems, with a knowledgeable management group committed to service improvement and good outcomes for children. Open plan office is in need of refurbishment, and pay levels of permanent staff are on the low range.
Pros
good management group
Cons
parking expensive
Achieving for Children is a Great Place to Work
Worker (Current Employee) –  Twickenham5 July 2018
Management is supportive.
Colleagues are excellent to work with.
It's a place anyone will find hard, as I do, to want to leave.
It's a great place to work.
Managers trust individuals to work using their discretion. Micro-managing is rare. Line managers are always available for formal and informal supervision. Managers provide very nurturing relationship, making allowance for steady professional development and growth.
It's a generally friendly, inclusive and accommodating atmosphere in which to work. Directors relate freely to us as frontline workers. Excellence and good performance are duly recognised and rewarded. Career advancement is available. training is constantly available and we are encouraged to keep up to speed with continuous professional development. Work expenses are promptly processed are paid. Our young people are happy because the atmosphere enable us to give them the right service they need.

I feel very happy to continue here. However, like most humans I am passionate about exploring experiences and challenges elsewhere so as to develop and grow as a robust all-round professional with vast experiences across services and different places.
Business Services (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London9 April 2018
I've loved my time here - the people are great and senior managers are approachable and interested in what you have to say. You get the benefits of working in the public sector (pension, annual leave etc) but it feels like there's less process and barriers than when I've worked for council children's services. The training and development opportunities are great too.
Pros
Culture, management, development opportunities
Cons
Impact of austerity
Demonstrates Improvments every year
Head of Organisational Development (Current Employee) –  Richmond upon Thames, Greater London6 April 2018
Working for this company has been amazing, it really is focused on the work to support our local children, young people and families and has been recognised by Government as a innovator in the way AfC delivers Children's Services.

The Company is keen to learn and develop as a organisation through its employee engagement, robust learning and development opportunities and supporting the whole workforce to deliver excellence in all areas of the organisation. The company values its workforce and invests in company wide initiatives to encourage colleagues to create new ideas for delivery, provides fun social events and considers colleagues wellbeing.

The Company has a fun vibrant feel across its workforce, but with a real focus on quality, learning and improvements.
Stressful and un supportive enviroment
EHCP coordinator (Current Employee) –  London28 February 2018
No ethics or empathy complete disregard for young people and there families. Money is pumped into salaries and taken away from the young peoples education. Would rather spend money on tribunals than provision for young people.
Pros
Decent pay
Commited to improving outcomes for children
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, Greater London28 September 2017
The culture and direction of AfC is moving towards a systemic approach combined with Signs or Safety and a strengths based focus.

Case loads could be unmanageable at times, with little change following seeking management support.
Fun and lively workplace
Children Centre Administator (Current Employee) –  Hampton, Surrey31 January 2017
Childrens Centre Adminstator at Hampton Middlesex.
Started working here in June 2016 and very quickly settled in as its a
Lovely fun place to work, lots of playtime and educational classes.
Main duties include dealing with queries in person and by the phone.
Setting up classes for whatever session is happening.
Logging all data.
Busy working environment
Finance Officer (Current Employee) –  Twickenham23 November 2016
Finance officer for training centre linked to the council.
Process email enquiries for invoice queries.
Process invoice for income and spend.
Using excel spreadsheets to keep track of spend and income using formulae.
Monthly meetings with course programme leads.

Learnt a lot on excel to help show monthly figures issuing formulae. Creating pivot tables.
Co-workers really helpful and friendly nice team environment.
Career development is not a priority
Substance Misuse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Surrey24 October 2016
Achieving for children is riddled with cuts, making any role working in a front line capacity insecure and in danger of being subject to cuts being made.
Pros
Decent working team
Cons
lack of continous professional development
Lovely workplace environment
Business Support Officer (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames24 June 2016
I love working for AfC, the people i work with are one of the best people I've ever met, and welcomes me in to their team positively from the start. Since I have started they have spoken about change and now they are slowly actioning that change, therefore I am looking for an alternative job, not only for that reason but also financial reasons.
Pros
Amazing people to work with
Cons
business not entirely stable, too many changes made.
Innovative and forward thinking business radicalising the way Children's Social Care is delivered and maintained and improved
Program manager (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames12 December 2015
Every day was different. Supporting staff from advice on secure email transmissions such as CJSM and how they integrate with Cloud solutions such as Google Mail and Google Apps to advising on strategy and systems procurement.
AfC management are very inclusive, forward thinking, proud and supportive. A great business to work for. Yes, the work is hard but extremely satisfying. The hardest part of the job is aligning critical business need with business strategy and ICT strategy and support. This brings into play Customer Relationship Management and managing customer expectations. Obviously communication is the single most important part of any program of work as all stakeholders need to be informed in a timely manner as to work progress, change management and issues arising. A very challenging but extremely satisfying job working with a trailblazing leader in the delivery of Social Care to Children in most need.
Pros
Satisfying job
Cons
Unfortunately, the contract ended
Satellite settings have difficulties accessing appropriate support
Day Nursery Manager (Current Employee) –  New Malden, ENG13 September 2015
Setting with potential, staff and co-workers are as supportive as can be. Red tape and lack of support systems prove challenging at times. Children and families are a pleasure to work with.
Pros
Small Nursery
Cons
Long hours and seldom lunch breaks
Enjoyable for short term
Playworker (Current Employee) –  london22 June 2015
I found this job to be enjoyable but not a 'forever' job. Not many advancement opportunities available within the company!
Pros
Flexible hours
varied automous work
Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, ENG26 October 2014
A typical day at work will either be spent in the office, writing up a CAFs - Common Assessment Framework or meeting multi-disciplinary, parents or children to establish how a child's needs are being met.

I have approximately fifteen children on my case load. Most of the families I work with are referred to me by school staff, however, I am also assigned to work with families who may have been stepped down from statutory services.

My job is to work with families who need additional support.

I use the CAF as an assessment tool to measure the psychosocial economical needs of a child and their family.

As a lead professional working with the family I regularly liaise with professionals /oversee and set up frequent multi disciplinary meetings to discuss and monitor a child's progress.
Pros
Engaging with a variety of people
Cons
long hours /lots of paper work/low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACHIEVING FOR CHILDREN. Our community is ready to answer.

ACHIEVING FOR CHILDREN Reviews by Location