Achieve together
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

Achieve together Employee Reviews

United Kingdom53 reviews
Featured review
Achieve together selected this as a representative review
I’ve been with the Bridgwater service for just under a year, within 6 months of working with the company (I have previously worked in the Taunton home) I have been promoted to shift lead. The progression within this company is amazing and the team are one of the best ever.
Every day is different, the days and weeks fly by as there is so much to do! The shift can be challenging but that is the nature of the job. Applicants must understand this isn’t elderly care, this is challenging behaviours, but so much chance for job satisfaction. Wembdon rise is my second home and I feel just as comfortable there as I do at my own house!

There is so much opportunity within this building, but please, don’t make it a stop gap in your career, join us and make your career amazing!
3 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are so pleased your experience with us has been a positive one. It is really important to us that our staff are supported to have the opportunity for skill development, and career progression so congratulations on your achievements with us! The role of our support teams are so incredibly important in the quality of care and support we provide and so thank you for your contribution, it is truly valued.
Due to a culture of the blame game and passing the buck, your face definitely needs to fit to get in here.
Management lacking bordering on malpractice, extremely high staff turn over and if your a driver your highly relied upon for picking up where none drivers cannot deliver the service needs.

None drivers paid at the same rate as drivers when we are more skilled
Pros
You get paid
Cons
You have extremely high stress levels which is not reflected in pay.
Bullies everywhere, management, payroll, staff. Senior staff, you name it. There is no professionalism anywhere. Everybody is more bothered about what they did on the weekend than actually caring for people. Staff sleep on shift, take turns to sleep like it’s a general rule of the rota. Erm no... no it isn’t. I have never seen so much fraudulent behaviour in my life. Incidents not being reported, INCIDENT REPORT FORMS HIDDEN AND BINNED. Staff show up on shift when ever they please. Staff are dealt with properly because they are classed as friends. People only get jobs because “They are outside friends”. Some of the staff they pick up and give jobs you would really question who you where actually there to look after. Falsified documentation. Drunk staff from the night before. If I was to liken it to anything in the world it would be love island and ex on the beach as everybody is in each others pants, on shift or off shift. The place isn’t about care, it’s a holiday camp and a dating platform. You will never get paid properly, I can assure you you will never ever see money that is owed to you. The place is absolutely disgusting on every level and I would rather walk on glass than ever be near this place. Please stay away. There must be something in the water, honestly.
Pros
Cons
Absolutely everything, not one great thing about the place
The only people the management care about is themselves I worked there for a while wages always wrong management didn’t care behavior all the time for service users management didn’t care no 1 listened to any points and it’s an awful company to work for glad I’m gone I feel so sorry for the service users
Pros
Cons
My statement speaks for its Self terrible
23 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and we're sorry you feel this way.

We want the experience of every member of our team to be a really positive one and are working hard to improve this all the time. With this in mind we would like to understand more about your experience with us and the point you have made around management.

Laura McGibbon our Regional Recruitment Manager will be happy to discuss further in confidence on laura.mcgibbon@achievetogether.co.uk
As it stands now I can’t bring myself to back Achieve Together one bit in being the company they say they are. Going from a person centred service which was all about the individuals and staff, to now being a company which is far to large to be able to give the care that our individuals require. It feels that all the company care’s about now is money, cutting costs and employing anything that breaths. HCA used to take pride in picking out competent staff and ensuring they were the right person to support our individuals. Now the questions asked on interviews aren’t about finding out who people actually are and if they are interested in making a difference. The rate of pay is a joke, paying different rates in different areas when everybody is completing the same job and dealing with the same challenges! Some managers need some serious training in their people skills and how to understand how there staff are actually feeling. Staff aren’t listened to and feel undervalued. Cuts have been made towards the individuals activity allowance and birthday presents and if the individuals need anything such as for example a new bed, it has to go through a whole process where it might not be replaced for days. The homes could do with some serious maintenance and decoration plus an audit of basic equipment, ensuring all homes and flats have the standard cooking equipment etc. Things that were reported 3 months ago, such as a broken washing machine and out of order cookers, still haven’t been replaced! It makes me sad that this is what the company has come to as there was once a time when I - more...
Pros
The staff that do care generally make a huge difference
Cons
The company is to large and not person centred, plus the staff feel very undervalued
2 August 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and we are disappointed to hear that you feel this way about your experience with Achieve together. The process for arranging replacement items is a simple one, and there should be no reason why replacing items should be delayed, other than of course delivery delays during the current Covid-19 pandemic. We are working closely with our maintenance teams on ensuring all routine maintenance and decoration is scheduled across all of our services, and so we apologise if you feel this has not been prompt enough at times.
Our dedicated recruitment team have remained in place and are very passionate about ensuring any prospective candidates are screened effectively before progression to the next stage of the values based interview process with the relevant manager. Providing high quality care and support to the people who use our services is always our number one priority; as is doing everything we can to ensure our staff feel valued and listened to, so we would like to understand further the comments you have made in regard to this. I can assure you that the company focus is far from simply making money, and would also like to reassure you that you there have been no cuts to activity budgets. We are interested to understand why you believe this to be the case and would welcome the opportunity to hear from you in regard to this, and the other points that you have raised. Our Regional Manager, Claire Vowles would like to arrange a time to speak to you so please email her at claire.vowles@achievetogether.co.uk
Very clique. Management dont like to be questioned about why they agree to poor practice. They say they support staff to move up the ranks but I have never seen it! They treat staff with no respect and when called on bad practice they have a tendency to throw good staff to the wolves, sacking them and reporting to DBS! Seen it 3 times! Shocking company to work for. So glad to be away from them intact.
Pros
Easy to get a job here.
Cons
No care for staff, poor wage.
10 July 2020
Whilst we would like to thank you for leaving your review, we are very disappointed and concerned to read your comments.

Achieve together are committed to providing the best quality of care and support to some of society’s most vulnerable people, and we continue to strive for excellence across all sector of the business.

Our Support staff are creative, hardworking and hugely appreciated. They are supported by a dedicated Learning and Development Department who are committed in providing any training programmes and tools for progression to our teams.

We are always listening and learning, and would like to be able to understand more about your experience with us: our Senior Regional Recruitment Manager is happy to receive any additional information in confidence on Lisa.carter@achievetogether.co.uk
I started working for the company in March this year and my experience has been very positive so far, I feel supported in my role and the training is excellent. The company is open and transparent and will not shy away from dealing with difficult situations. This gives me a feeling of confidence that the people we support are genuinely at the heart of the organisation. There has been an amazing amount of support during the covid situation with teams sharing positive ideas to support people through these times.
There is a lot of support for staff and a focus on well-being which I have not experienced in other company's. There is also a strong emphasis on training and people are encouraged to complete their training which is really encouraging.

There is still work to be done in some areas but I feel positive that the company is going in the right direction and has the right ethos.

I am glad I made the choice to work for them.
Pros
work life balance is encouraged
30 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your positive experience, we are so pleased to hear that you feel you made the right decision in joining us.

The people we support certainly are at the heart of everything we strive for, and continuous learning and reflection is important to us, so too is ensuring the well-being of our staff so we are delighted to hear that this has shone through with our south west team and via the training you have received.

We will be sure to pass on your positive comments and we hope you have a long and happy career with us.
There are so many things wrong with this company, they do not care about their staff, you are asked to do jobs that you are not supposed to do, we are always short of staff and when staff calls in sick and we have to work three they do not pay the money for that shift to us. We are expected to do so much for so little. You actually have to be working there to believe what is being ssaid
Pros
Cons
No care for staff
10 July 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, which we were very disappointed to read .

We want every member of our team to enjoy a really positive and rewarding experience throughout their employment with Achieve together, and it’s really important for us to understand “where we may have gone wrong”.

We would appreciate any opportunity to learn more about your experience with us.

Our Senior Regional Recruitment Manager is standing by to arrange a time to speak so please do email her at Lisa.carter@achievetogether.co.uk to discuss.
Very bad company, management is terrible, staff are expected to work all the hours they can physically do with no regard to the mental wellbeing of their staff, seen people told they HAVE to stay and do a night shift after doing a 14hrs day shift, shocking. New staff just left to get on and learn the job by themselves not guided at all but barked at to get E learning done withing the first 2 weeks with no help.
Pros
People they support are lovely
Cons
Everything else
23 June 2020
Thank you for leaving a review, we are sorry that you feel this way. Training is always an important factor for new staff to ensure we are delivering the correct care and support as consistently as we can.
Please be assured that we do not ever advocate staff working a double shift and are not aware of this situation. It is difficult for us to investigate if no one has reported a concern, therefore it would be really helpful if you could provide more information to ensure we can effectively investigate and ensure the correct welfare and well being of our staff teams. Please contact our Area Director, Tania Palmer by emailing Tania.Palmer@achievetogether.co.uk who would appreciate the opportunity to gather further information to enable her to review in full the concerns you have raised and establish if there are any lessons to be learned.
Wouldn’t reccomend working for the company the pay isn’t the best the shifts are way to long with the same service user the wages are never correct ! Staff being underpaid hundreds of pounds each month the best part about the job is seing the service users happy
Before COVID come along very poor ppe on site so wene service users had accidents you was running around trying to fine ppe
Pros
Cons
Nonn
22 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we were really sorry you felt this way about your experience as part of the Achieve together team.
It is really important to us that every member of our team feels supported and valued. We fully appreciate how important it is that we get pay right every time, even more important that we can learn what went wrong to reduce the risk of this occurring for others.

We would like to understand more about your feedback and our Regional Manager, Vicky Freeman, would welcome the opportunity to talk through your concerns further to enable us to investigate the feedback you have provided. If you could make contact via Victoria.Freeman@achievetogether.co.uk it would be greatly appreciated
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Achieve together?
The company is awful no consideration to service users or staff alike. House manager was good anyone more senior doesnt care and walk around like you owe them something. Attitude towards staff is disgusting!! No support at all to staff and they just pile on more pressure adding more and more responsibility for no pay
Pros
Cons
Awful pay
16 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and we’re sorry you felt this way about your time with Achieve together.

It is important for Achieve together to ensure that every member of our team feels valued. We are always keen to learn how we as a company can make improvements and support management teams to effectively support staff teams.

Therefore, we would welcome the opportunity to understand your feedback in further detail and learn from your experience. Our Area Director, Tania Palmer, is standing by to arrange a time to speak so please email her on tania.palmer@achievetogether.co.uk
Loved working for my previous company until Achieve Together took over and they havent got a clue!!!
Managers passing the buck. Changing SU's daily routines, SU's monies always late and cut! No care for SUs whatsoever.

Trying to tell workers who have been in the houses for years how to do their job

Stopped all overtime. They like staff to be quiet and be walked all over.

Many great staff left after this company took over absolute sham!!
19 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review of our company.

We note that your review refers to Achieve together "taking over". Our organisation, established in 2018, and is built on the legacy of two long-standing and well-respected specialist support providers with over 25 years of expertise, Care Management Group (CMG) and Regard.

We are very sorry that your more recent employment experiences have not felt as positive those previously as we work hard to gain employee feedback through surveys and focus groups so that we can put things right.

Whilst we cannot comment on the specific issues you have mentioned, we do recognise our staff teams working incredibly hard and tirelessly to ensure the people we support have continuity in their lives and reach their independent goals.
This company are awful to work for, I left nearly two months ago and I’ve still not got my P45 they promised me, payroll were forever randomly taking lumps of money from my pay and there is no organisation when it comes to the people in charge. No support for the staff they have on board. It’s so so much stress each month knowing you’re going to have issues with your pay when you’ve got bills to pay. I wouldn’t recommend at all.
Pros
Wasn’t any
Cons
All of it
16 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are really sorry you felt this way about your experience as part of the Achieve together team.

It’s really important to us that every member of our team feels valued and feels supported in their role. We also know how important it is that we get pay right every time. Therefore, we would welcome the opportunity to understand your feedback in more detail to investigate and learn from your experience. Our Area Director, Tania Palmer, would like to arrange a time to speak so please email her on tania.palmer@achievetogether.co.uk
A very critical culture with no support
very clicky environment

Work not fairly distributed

often understaffed

Its great to look after the residents and this makes the role
19 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review.
We are very concerned about the points you have raised regarding support and culture.

As it is important that we learn from the experiences of others so that we can develop continuous improvements and embed best practices across our business. Be assured that we investigate and address anything that may be deemed poor practise or a safeguarding concern.

So that we can to understand more about your experience with us our would welcome the opportunity to talk through your concerns further to enable us to investigate the feedback you have provided.

If you could make contact via lisa.carter@achievetogether.co.uk it would be greatly appreciated.
Favouritism of certain staff, who cherry pick who they want to work with, back stabbing and insulting name calling to staff about other staff. Picking favourite staff to go on outings with service users, even thou you're supposed to be working with that service user, so u feel discounted and left out. Managements favourites who let certain people creep around them are actually sleeping on a waking night and getting with it.
3 June 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are very concerned about the points you have raised linked to staff support and culture. It is always important that we learn from the experiences of others to support continuous improvements and investigate and address anything that may be deemed poor practise or a safeguarding concern..

We would like to understand more about your experience with us and our Area Director, Tania Palmer, would welcome the opportunity to talk through your concerns further to enable us to investigate the feedback you have provided. If you could make contact via Tania.Palmer@achievetogether.co.uk it would be greatly appreciated.
This company doesn't care about anyone they employ or support. They only care about profit. Supporting people is supposed to be about progression and improving lives but this company just want to give these guys whatever they want no matter what instead of educating them. The way the upper management tell the staff to support people is wrong and it needs addressing. Staff don't get listened to at all and wages are horrendous.
22 May 2020

We want the experience of every member of our team to be a really positive one and are working hard to improve this all the time, so would like to understand more about your experience with us and the point you have made about how people are supported. Our Chief People Officer Sue Donley is standing by to arrange a time to speak so please do email her on sue.donley@achievetogether.co.uk to discuss further.
I worked here for 3 years until the takeover. Even at the top are leaving because their motivation for making money is at the detriment of the SUs. Hours are being cut even though they are being paid for by the local council, what will they think when they find out their money for staffing is going to those at the top for profit. I was disgusted at that fact and so was my manager who also left as did his boss. The clients are great, they need one 2 one care not 2 staff for 6/7 clients so the company can make profit. I will be a whistleblower and complain to the local council. The clients need staff support and I loved my job but enough was enough with the manager always cutting hours making it stressful to work as the work load got harder with less staff and the clients suffered and are still suffering.
22 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we aim to respond to all feedback and would like to express our concerns regarding your experience at Achieve together.

Please be assured that all of our services receive regular internal audits and are inspected by CQC. In addition, we also have a team of Quality Auditors which include individuals we support and their families, this ensure our practices and procedures are constantly monitored and reviewed.

We are passionate about providing outstanding care and support: we assess the needs of the people we support regularly in order to ensure they receive the level of care required. In an ever changing world this can inevitably change from time to time and we have processes and staff training in place that enable our teams and to recognise and raise their concerns.

We want the employed experience of every member of our team to be a positive one and are working hard to improve this all the time: so would like to understand more about your experience with us and the points you have made.

Our Chief People Officer Sue Donley would like to arrange a time to speak so please email her on sue.donley@achievetogether.co.uk

Our Chief People Officer Sue Donley would be happy to arrange to speak so please email her on sue.donley@achievetogether.co.uk
My experience has been a good one in all sincerity. Though new in care, the memebers of staff have been very supportive especially the manager who would not do without asking after my wellbeing and constant review of my progress. The environment is peaceful and friendly and the service users are fun to be with. I have no regrets whatsoever.
15 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review, and we are so pleased to hear that you are enjoying your new role with us! The wellbeing of our staff and supporting progress is something we really care about and so it is always lovely to hear such a great example of this being put into practice, we’ll be sure to pass on your comments to the Manager.

It's fantastic to have you on board as such a positive advocate of the people we support, and the team at Taunton so thank you, and we wish you a long and happy career with us.
This company should be closed down they are a disgrace to care. They only care about MONEY not the service user and certainly not there staff. There houses are disgusting and spend no money on them some user rooms are horrible and falling to pieces, furniture is old and tatty and the money they charge for these people to live in them they should be ashamed. Management are the biggest problem as long as they get their big bonuses they don’t care
15 May 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, and we're sorry you felt this way about your experience at Achieve together.

Please be assured that all of our services receive regular audits and if it is identified furniture/equipment/decorating is required then we complete an action plan to complete works. All of our services have also been inspected by CQC. We are always open to feedback and ideas on how we can improve the environments for the people we support. Unfortunately during the current COVID-19 pandemic any identified works are restricted to emergency works only as per government guidance.

Upper management offer absolutely NO support for staff. Bullying of staff is ignored even if reported. It’s easy to accuse people and investigations are not thorough, there is NO appeal for HR decisions. Always short staffed, always use agency staff as most decent staff leave. No support if staff have mental health problems, even CEO was aware of the problem.
Lots of other, better care firms, avoid this one.
6 May 2020
We want the experience of every member of our team to be a really positive one and are working hard to improve this all the time. We take this type of complaint extremely seriously and would value your feedback. Our Chief People Officer Sue Donley is standing by to arrange a time to speak so please email her on sue.donley@achievetogether.co.uk .
The company clearly have no intention of paying an average, or even fair hourly rate. I cannot tell you how undervalued myself and my other colleagues all feel when you know you could work as cleaner or shelf stacker for more money, this is even if you have been working for them for 2 years ! in which you would only get 28p over minimum wage.... even for care work this is appalling. There is not even an overtime rate or a small bonus, or other increases for qualifications, with no incentives to pick up overtime. They even cut the Christmas meal money and are no longer paying anything towards residence holidays ( not even for the staff wages !!)

If there is is a CEO reading this... why are you messing around with pennies ? do some research into the benefits of actually paying your staff a living wage and how expensive it into live in the south with renting, we aren't all living up north. Actually take the time to look at what other company's are paying and sort it out... you're going to end up loosing your good staff who will go elsewhere.
22 May 2020
Thank you for leaving your review and we are sorry that you have not had positive experience with us.
Achieve together pay rates remain competitive when compared with other sector providers across the UK.

We apply a values based recruitment principle which helps match an individuals core values with those of our company. These are based on being understanding, respectful, showing patience and having empathy towards others.

Like most care providers Achieve together have opportunities that may be considered entry level. The sector is however, able to provide stability and great opportunities to those wishing to progress. Our award winning Training & Development Team provide our identified talent with professional training opportunities and career building advice.