ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Former employee . Support worker
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Showell court Wolverhampton12 September 2018
When you first start they are lovely give it a few weeks and they are vile . Managment treat staff like dogs depends on their mood how day goes . Staff are bullied and the do nothing about it when reported. Managment also discuss staff members with other staff members.

The whole organisation is very out dated they have all the ethnic minority staff working at the bottom and all managment and senior staff are European. Rude all the time . Bully you to administer medication threaten you with loosing job if you dont carry this out.

The company does not prioritise customers . Staff are run ragged and always under staffed. Aviod if possible only positive are customers lovely.
Pros
Lovely customers
Cons
No opportunity to move forward in company if face and skin doesnt fit
Poor Practice and Absolute no appreciation of staff!
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  West Midlands14 August 2018
This company is absolutely shocking. And how some staff are still able to practice when they have been found to be carrying out their duties insufficiently is beyond me.
Placement Abroad
Intern Human Resources (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands4 July 2018
Accord has given me the opportunity to do my Abroad placement at their Head Office in West Bromwich. They neatly arranged everything and even arranged housing for the 5 months that I was here.

The company´s mission and vision are amazing, they are really out the to create affordable housing opportunities.

My colleagues have been very helpful, friendly, open and fun. I have been shown around all across the organisation, in each different sector and I couldn't wish for more in an internship.

Accord is a fun, informal, developing company that gives back to the (local community)
Enjoyed the work but organisation was too terible
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Midlands23 May 2018
loved the job driving fixing things for people, especially for the ones who were mentally and physically disadvantaged. This job was advertised as though you only do 37.5 hours a week, which comes up to about 7 hours a day. so how can the management give you over 9 jobs to do a day all around the midlands and also to go and buy materials for the job. With the travel to and from job and to the next takes time. Everyday because of my pay which was a salary, I'm not stupid to work till 7 in the evening to meet unrealistic targets. So I had to call the organisers to tell them I have not got time to go to the remaining jobs. How this job is advertised and what it is, is completely different. The people who arrange the maintenance work should be experienced in the trades so they know how to explain the jobs better and they would understand how time in this reactive maintenance works, instead of a bunch of people who just message you jobs constantly because it's there job to do so. I know 100% that if the organisers were experiences in the trades, Accords waiting list will fall by 70% within a year. There was an occasion were one of the supervisors were suppose to give training on certain aspects of the job on site however instead of helping, he informed the manager I did not have a clue. Which defeats the object as he was suppose to help me and demonstrate because I have no clue,ironic don't you think. So that was a bit two faced. I feel sorry for the workers who go to a job and the information given by the offices is not what the job is. Allot of jobs have been delayed and tenants  more... are frustrated as this goes on and on like a broken record.  less
Pros
Driving meeting people, fixing there problems
Cons
Job organisation teams are just there for the pay and can't organise
Traditional Organisation
Group Facilitator and Trainer (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands23 May 2018
Workforce and People are not generally invested in. Salaries pitched at very low level. High turnover of staff. There exists a culture of long work hours for management. Work life balance could be much improved on.

Company operates a flexi time system but people ofen dont get the chance to take it.
Too many negative/average reviews here!
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands21 May 2018
I have worked for Accord for nearly 20 years and still here for the reason that it's a great place to work! Good leadership, fantastic colleagues and what I see as being sincere openness and transparency from Accord to support its workforce and ensure staff actually like being at work. I love being at work, I enjoy my job and no two days are the same, a variety which suits me. If this was all lies I would certainly not have stuck around for this long! Roll on the next 20 years with Accord...crikey that takes me up to 2038!...gulp :)
Pros
Work vs home life balance, team morale, learning and development opportunities, ability to make a meaningful difference
Cons
Some minor issues but nothing worth noting
Scheme Manager
Resident Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 May 2018
I worked as a Scheme Manager for Accord for approx 9years. Unlike some of the reviews I actually enjoyed going into work. Managed a scheme of 30 flats. My Housing Officer was a brilliant and supportive line manager. They invested in there staff with excellent Training and development opportunities. I was resident manager on site, never any problems .Great working relationship with the Lettings and Finance teams . Pay was above the average. If the right opportunity ever came up I would apply back:-). But I’m doing the same role on the South Coast
Pros
Training, Salary. Great Team
Cons
Terrible place to work millrise
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millrise newcastle under lyme28 April 2018
I worked here as a care assistant you are treated terribly the management have no idea how to run the home the residents are treated appauling. Run for the hills dont work here.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Best place I’ve ever worked!!!!
Senior Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry12 April 2018
I love my current job as a senior; I get to make a difference to individuals lives. I get to encourage them to be as independent as possible for as long as possible! Yes I work a lot of hours but that’s my choice because going to work is literally like a home away from home, great friendly staff, great customers and great atmosphere. Long gone are the days I get up dreading going to work!! I’ve also never been in a job where the manager is so supportive and encourages me to improve and learn and is open to listening to my ideas!! I can honestly say hand on heart if someone I loved ever needed care and support I wouldn’t think twice about them moving to Arden Grove!
Pros
Great staff!! Awesome manager who continues to encourage me to progress and learn
Cons
The pay could be slightly better
Really friend staff
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 April 2018
I work at a coventry service as a care assistant and really enjoy it. Its not the best pay compared to other resident homes but Ive been on training courses and really love everyone I work with
Pros
people are like family, training and iduction is really good and I like my manager.
Cons
money
Avoid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham West11 March 2018
Terrible place to work, little focus on the people you support, all about budgets, management manipulation and a case of if your face fits. Avoid Birmingham West locality like the plague!
Pros
Decent sakary
Cons
Management manipulation, favouritism and dishonesty.
Enjoyable place to work
Officer (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich15 February 2018
I have worked at Accord for nearly a year and half and it is probably the best company I have worked for. It is nice to work in a place where the higher management actually speak to staff and are interested in what they have to say.

There are a lot of opportunities to develop with the company. Learning and Development is a big focus in Accord and there is always opportunity for staff to attend training to develop themselves in their roles and even move upwards.

Accord seem to really care about their employee's opinions.
Terrible company to work for
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire1 February 2018
Managers couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery! Managers unsupportive and no organisational skills. They overwork you and no appreciation! Too many agency workers because they cant keep their staff. Poor pay for the responsibility they put on you. I would not recommend this company
Pros
Nvq oppertunity, oppertunity for promotions
Cons
Unappreciated, poor pay, no support from managers
Poor practice
District Manager Birmingham West (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands31 January 2018
A company focused on results above else and very much influenced by who you are in favour with. Heavy workload, little praise or recognition, poor regard for staff well being.
Pros
salary
Cons
heavy workload, results based.
Terrible
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 January 2018
Really bad company, poor poor wages and management who pretend to know what they are doing. Strongly advise you to look elsewhere for employment unless your desperate and need a stop gap.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management and poor wages
No room for growth
Children and Family Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands3 December 2017
This company is a great place to start as it provides you with a foundation. Unfortunately, the team I worked had a preference for additional languages, therefore it meant my developmental opportunities were limited.
Pros
Mileage paid
Cons
Limited Opportunities
Excellent workplace
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry8 November 2017
My manager is amazing.
I leaned there everything I know about care home, they gave me opportunities to learn new things
The Seniors are very helpful and Is a good environment to work
We are Work dogs
Manger (Current Employee) –  East Midlands7 October 2017
This company goes on about WHATS BEST FOR THE CUSTOMER! Yet they leave 2 memebers Of staff to 34 customers, while a meeting was in process. From what I know of 3 safeguarding incidences happen within half an hour! The manger of the Work place was still in the meeting knowing these safeguarding incidents was happing. The response to the safeguarding from this manger was a blank expression with mouth open looking all gormless.

This manger in particular has no idea on what it’s like on the floor assisting the customers, she does not have any idea on any of the customers name or staff names and she is blind to how many staff members it takes for each customer, for instance 2 staff members to one Customer with high needs!

The staff are worked into the ground picking up managements jobs, so in tale we get no time for the customers, they get no trips, no activities and no motivation

Very high turn over of staff, no one wants to work for the company as we are all being run into the ground and treated like dogs. There is also a 3 month process before you even start your job once applied. They come up with all excuses under the sun to try and stall you from starting.

I would recommend that this company is only in it for the money HENCE WHY THEY ARE CALL CUSTOMERS NOT CLIENTS/RESIDENT

each CUSTOMER is allocated only 3 pound a day for all 3 set meals combined because they are on a bugget, yet these customers pay a very high amount of money for the best standard of care there family thinks they are getting.

This company is a housing association, so when things break
  more... e.g fire doors that don’t open or close, cupboard doors hanging off or missing, broken thermostat for heating,warm water, baths or showers not working, these things go on a waiting list even though vulnerable adults are at RISK!!!!!!!

To conclude my summary good luck to anyone who joins this company
Pros
Non
Cons
Outrageous pay, outrageous holidays, outrageous treatment, company is just bad news for customers and staff
Horrendous company to work for
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire5 October 2017
Management is awful, work colleagues are lovely but mostly lazy agency staff these days the only thing that keeps you going is the job satisfaction of looking after the customers, pay is awful for what you're expected to do, you don't get any thanks or appreciation despite working like a dog and the second you do anything wrong you're spoken to like garbage by the management.
Pros
Lovely customers and work colleagues
Cons
Rubbish pay, rubbish management
Interesting, rewarding and fun work place
Customer Engagement Co-ordinator (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich5 September 2017
I loved working for the Accord Group. Being in social housing sector, you meet a lot of people from all backgrounds, some have complex needs and others just want a good service. I found it to be a very rewarding job, not only with great customers, but the staff are friendly, funny and supportive.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION. Our community is ready to answer.