ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION

ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

United Kingdom81 reviews
Dont bother
It seems to me that those at the managerial level are happy to be working at accord but if you are one of the frontline workers watch out. Bullying is rife and not handled well by the managers and I've had 16 managers in 8 years. Work is stressful sometimes only 1 out of 7 carers medication trained on shift and favoritism rife.
Absolutely rubbish
I didn’t choose to work for this company, there was a change over in company’s where I worked. Very poor communication between office staff and front line workers. They would just change your shift without telling you. For instance I turned up for work at my retirement village At 6am only to find out they had changed my shift to 7.30 am on the community! Not only am I a walker but they gave me 10 minutes to get Between calls on the community when they are at least 25 minutes apart on foot! They don’t work around what is best for the service users, they work around what is best for them! All the clients have gone from a company that looks after them as a number one priority, to a company that look after themselves first. Everyone is generally unhappy with the service. They rely on agency staff which in turn service users calls are getting missed then office staff try to cover up why it has happened. I would not recommend this company to anybody.
None productive
Not a good place to work not very supportive to certain members of staff no progression within accord group not a fun place to work and none productive
Goo
I enjoyed my time working for accord, it was a very fast pace busy care home who sometimes was under strain for shortage in staff. I learnt a lot from working there I gave all my effort into each training session and even travelled for them.
Hard work,
Rewarding, supporting others who are less fortunate but bad management do not care for staff or clients only themselves.......................................
provide flexible working hours, good working conditions, good on the job training, many internal job opportunities, multiple locations, employee reward scheme
Pros
free tea and coffee
Cons
too many structure changes
Very fast paced and can be hard to work
The house I worked in ended up being a stressful place to work because of certain staff. The deputy manager was extremely helpful but it was hard working around negativity constantly.
Not a good company to work for
Under staffed over worked. No one appceriated at all. Mangers talk down to you. Expect care staff do team leader / managers jobs. I would not reccomend anyone to work for them. Payrole are always messing up the pay. The company is all about money and profit margins not changing lives as it states on the website. Very unorganised and unprofessional towards both staff and service users. They do not deserve the staff they have.
I love my job
You can develop if you want to within this company... Such a rewarding job, never worked within a bad team! Met so many lovely managers who are willing to share their experience with you! It's a shame as people often use this company to develop and then take their expertise elsewhere! They do listen to their employees and even have a staff voices board for all employees to feed back their issues and concerns! If your after a super high salary this isn't the job for you, but if you would like a job that gives satisfaction daily- a fantastic team around you and a job you look forward to attending, then this is the role for you! Don't come into this role if you see it as an income!
Pros
Fantastic team willing to develop anyone that wants to go for it
Cons
Senior management that doesn’t care
False promises and terrible wages all the good managers have left or been fired because they cared or brought up issues senior management did not like to hear!
Fake awards to staff to think they are valued when they are over worked and under payed ! Promising salary reviews every year yet the senior managers wages seam to increase every time they recruit. All KPI’S are fiddled so the board have know idea!
poor management, they do not care about the tenants and the service they deliver
Managers can not manage poor budgets and resource with senior Management failing to listen. tenants waiting months for repairs with out resource to for fill these repairs. Accord housing have lost their identity as they are more focused on building new build instead of looking after the outstanding assets.
Terrible place to work with no career progression
I did not enjoy my experience, Poor management who don’t care about bullying in the work place! No real training or support, as long as you can answer the phone you are thrown in at the deep end. I only lasted 2 months and every day was emotional torture, this was by far the worst job I have ever done.
Management terrible
Wouldn’t work for them again
Money mad and use agency alot who know nothing about care

Put me off working in a Care Homes

Management don’t listen

Under staffed and very poor attitudes from senior staff
Pros
Local for me
Cons
Poor pay
Bad company
Management not professional
HR Department horrible

Pay scale terrible

Work environment disgusting

Staff fantastic- really great work colleagues

Shame company!
long hours, no breaks, favourtism and poor management.
Poor management- support of staff was bad and any concerns bushed aside, talked down on by management. Asked for support, none was given. Favourtism given between management and certain staff in terms of rotas, training opportunities and shifts given.
It is not a very nice place to work..
The registered home manager is soo rude.. she never had time to talk to the black staff,or residents... she was so suspicious minded manager..but to her favourite staff she wa would happily sit and talk to them all day...Best thing I did when I left there...
Ambitions and supportive
Great company to work work for. Supportive, professional and caring.
Good work ethic, great to work for a registered charity

I have high expectations of being very loyal
Manager was great
I worked in a small team doing floating support.

My manager was supportive, always available to ask questions, had a great sense of humour and was approachable

Work to support young people was great and the multi agency working was really good. Also gained experience from the homeless team
Appalling management and staff!!!
Management are untrustworthy, devious, back stabbing and down right rude !! 7 staff members have left in the last 2 months !! What does that tell you accord ?? 4 managers in the last year !! All of which have had the same attitude .. there in the building ‘WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT ‘ ?? There’s one there that constantly FILLS HER FACE ... for god sake do not disturb her during lunch !!!!!
Hard work with little support
Senior managers and supervisors are unprofessional and guilty of bullying and harassing younger members of staff. The shifts are long but work is rewarding
Pros
The residents
Cons
No support whilst working
Official response from ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION
10 September 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for raising your concerns. We take bullying extremely seriously at Accord and we are keen to look into the points you have raised. If you haven’t already resolved your concerns and would like to discuss this, please contact our HR team by emailing HRAdminTeam@accordgroup.org.uk
Fantastic care staff but bad management.
Personal assistants are hard working and don’t get enough recognition for the job they do. Manager of the scheme is so very rude and unapproachable and doesn’t seem to care about staff morale. Deputy manager is amazing if only the whole scheme was managed by her everyone would be happy and content staff as well as customers!
Pros
Good customers and personal assistants
Cons
Manager, and work load expectations
Official response from ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION
11 July 2019
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review and for making us aware of your concerns, we have brought this to the attention of the relevant senior management team.
We hope you took the opportunity to discuss your thoughts with a senior member of staff, or HR, before you made the decision to leave. If you did not do this, and would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please contact our HR team by emailing HRAdmin.Team@accordgroup.org.uk
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9