ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Terrible
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 January 2018
Really bad company, poor poor wages and management who pretend to know what they are doing. Strongly advise you to look elsewhere for employment unless your desperate and need a stop gap.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management and poor wages
Lovely work colleagues
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tile Hill, Warwickshire22 December 2017
I worked for this company for a while and regretted ever doing so. The management pretend to appreciate the work of staff but not so. My pay was never correct for the whole time l worked there; staff had to fight to get what was duly owed to them! However, the customers were always a pleasure to be in contact with except for rare occasions- which comes with the job. There is concern that the manager and deputy manager always got paid correctly but other staff always had problems.
Pros
Lovely colleagues and service users
Cons
Long hours/unsociable hours and a bullying culture leading to particular staff resigning
Dont get apreciated
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire30 August 2017
I still work for accord dont like the company they dont care about staff the girls i work with are lovely even though they use a load of agency's but they offer good training
Pros
Nice staff and good training
Cons
Under apreciated by company
Fun workplace
Enablement officer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands30 August 2017
I love working there but need a change of career good place to work good company to work for been there for 5 years and would like to change career in working with young children
Enjoyable work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull29 June 2017
Good shift patterns - able to work five hour shifts or doubles (10hours)
Quick turnover of staff.
Residents on the whole were very friendly.
Management not always as supportive as I would have liked.
HR and Having Fun
HR (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands28 June 2017
I currently work at Accord in HR and I enjoy my job; there are good benefits such as generous annual leave, flexi time working a promotion of healthy work/life balance and little things like free teas/coffee/hot chocolate (you might laugh at this being a benefit but in previous jobs, you had to pay into a kitty and fight for your share of the milk!!).

I like doing a job where the end goal is a rewarding one, like getting someone who needs help, a care assistant to support them; it makes a change from private / commerical companies.

The people are fantastic and make Accord what it is, there's always something to celebrate in HR and with celebration comes cake! Bonus!
Pros
People, rewarding outcome, good benefits and cake!
Cons
The pay isn't what you can find in a private company but the pros outweigh this for me
Better than most
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands27 June 2017
I've worked for a few care companies in the past and accord are alright, shifts are good and fit in with what I need and get paid right each month. Staff are nice so make it a nice place to work.
I enjoy my job finally
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands27 June 2017
I have recently joined accord as a care worker. I hadn't worked in care before so nervous about learning something new but training was great and people lovely and happy to help me settle in, I love helping people and can't believe its taken so long to think of care as a job.
Pros
People - who you work for and who you care for
Cons
Care is hard work but completely worth it!
Fantastic place
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Walsall ws631 May 2017
Good place to work but the employers there are nice and always talking behind each other! Managers there are lovely absolutely lovely! Just some staff need to stop talking about there colleague. There's one woman who lives there and always screaming and hitting the walls. Can sometime attacks and never sleeps at night till about 5am. There's a guy there who's also always reporting So you have to be vigilant
Pros
They don't messed with pay
Cons
Just some staffs
Chef
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 May 2017
This company is terrible to work for so demanding and working long hours for rubbish pay. They really need to take a long hard look at themselves. They expect staff to work like dogs.
Pros
Treated like rubbish
Cons
Nice care staff, but mostly agency
Not happy with job role but ok to work for a short period of time
Care and support worker (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire6 May 2017
Zero hour contracts
Not enough hours of work provided to provide for yourself/family
Certain care workers can be over demanding and try to play a managers role when working with them.
Cons
No hours, Lots of driving around in personal car, Not good salary
Challenging, Engaging and Rewarding
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2017
A place where experience and learning come perfectly together to provide outstanding services to clients. Training at Accord is sublime and relevantly updated to meet changing times' needs