ACCORD HOUSING ASSOCIATION Employee Reviews

Enjoyed the work but organisation was too terible
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Midlands23 May 2018
loved the job driving fixing things for people, especially for the ones who were mentally and physically disadvantaged. This job was advertised as though you only do 37.5 hours a week, which comes up to about 7 hours a day. so how can the management give you over 9 jobs to do a day all around the midlands and also to go and buy materials for the job. With the travel to and from job and to the next takes time. Everyday because of my pay which was a salary, I'm not stupid to work till 7 in the evening to meet unrealistic targets. So I had to call the organisers to tell them I have not got time to go to the remaining jobs. How this job is advertised and what it is, is completely different. The people who arrange the maintenance work should be experienced in the trades so they know how to explain the jobs better and they would understand how time in this reactive maintenance works, instead of a bunch of people who just message you jobs constantly because it's there job to do so. I know 100% that if the organisers were experiences in the trades, Accords waiting list will fall by 70% within a year. There was an occasion were one of the supervisors were suppose to give training on certain aspects of the job on site however instead of helping, he informed the manager I did not have a clue. Which defeats the object as he was suppose to help me and demonstrate because I have no clue,ironic don't you think. So that was a bit two faced. I feel sorry for the workers who go to a job and the information given by the offices is not what the job is. Allot of jobs have been delayed and tenants  more... are frustrated as this goes on and on like a broken record.  less
Pros
Driving meeting people, fixing there problems
Cons
Job organisation teams are just there for the pay and can't organise
Too many negative/average reviews here!
Manager (Current Employee) –  West Midlands21 May 2018
I have worked for Accord for nearly 20 years and still here for the reason that it's a great place to work! Good leadership, fantastic colleagues and what I see as being sincere openness and transparency from Accord to support its workforce and ensure staff actually like being at work. I love being at work, I enjoy my job and no two days are the same, a variety which suits me. If this was all lies I would certainly not have stuck around for this long! Roll on the next 20 years with Accord...crikey that takes me up to 2038!...gulp :)
Pros
Work vs home life balance, team morale, learning and development opportunities, ability to make a meaningful difference
Cons
Some minor issues but nothing worth noting
Scheme Manager
Resident Scheme Manager (Former Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands10 May 2018
I worked as a Scheme Manager for Accord for approx 9years. Unlike some of the reviews I actually enjoyed going into work. Managed a scheme of 30 flats. My Housing Officer was a brilliant and supportive line manager. They invested in there staff with excellent Training and development opportunities. I was resident manager on site, never any problems .Great working relationship with the Lettings and Finance teams . Pay was above the average. If the right opportunity ever came up I would apply back:-). But I’m doing the same role on the South Coast
Pros
Training, Salary. Great Team
Cons
Terrible place to work millrise
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Millrise newcastle under lyme28 April 2018
I worked here as a care assistant you are treated terribly the management have no idea how to run the home the residents are treated appauling. Run for the hills dont work here.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Best place I’ve ever worked!!!!
Senior Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry12 April 2018
I love my current job as a senior; I get to make a difference to individuals lives. I get to encourage them to be as independent as possible for as long as possible! Yes I work a lot of hours but that’s my choice because going to work is literally like a home away from home, great friendly staff, great customers and great atmosphere. Long gone are the days I get up dreading going to work!! I’ve also never been in a job where the manager is so supportive and encourages me to improve and learn and is open to listening to my ideas!! I can honestly say hand on heart if someone I loved ever needed care and support I wouldn’t think twice about them moving to Arden Grove!
Pros
Great staff!! Awesome manager who continues to encourage me to progress and learn
Cons
The pay could be slightly better
Really friend staff
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands5 April 2018
I work at a coventry service as a care assistant and really enjoy it. Its not the best pay compared to other resident homes but Ive been on training courses and really love everyone I work with
Pros
people are like family, training and iduction is really good and I like my manager.
Cons
money
Avoid
Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham West11 March 2018
Terrible place to work, little focus on the people you support, all about budgets, management manipulation and a case of if your face fits. Avoid Birmingham West locality like the plague!
Pros
Decent sakary
Cons
Management manipulation, favouritism and dishonesty.
Enjoyable place to work
Officer (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich15 February 2018
I have worked at Accord for nearly a year and half and it is probably the best company I have worked for. It is nice to work in a place where the higher management actually speak to staff and are interested in what they have to say.

There are a lot of opportunities to develop with the company. Learning and Development is a big focus in Accord and there is always opportunity for staff to attend training to develop themselves in their roles and even move upwards.

Accord seem to really care about their employee's opinions.
Terrible company to work for
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire1 February 2018
Managers couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery! Managers unsupportive and no organisational skills. They overwork you and no appreciation! Too many agency workers because they cant keep their staff. Poor pay for the responsibility they put on you. I would not recommend this company
Pros
Nvq oppertunity, oppertunity for promotions
Cons
Unappreciated, poor pay, no support from managers
Terrible
Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 January 2018
Really bad company, poor poor wages and management who pretend to know what they are doing. Strongly advise you to look elsewhere for employment unless your desperate and need a stop gap.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management and poor wages
Horrendous company to work for
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire5 October 2017
Management is awful, work colleagues are lovely but mostly lazy agency staff these days the only thing that keeps you going is the job satisfaction of looking after the customers, pay is awful for what you're expected to do, you don't get any thanks or appreciation despite working like a dog and the second you do anything wrong you're spoken to like garbage by the management.
Pros
Lovely customers and work colleagues
Cons
Rubbish pay, rubbish management
Dont get apreciated
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford and Wrekin, Shropshire30 August 2017
I still work for accord dont like the company they dont care about staff the girls i work with are lovely even though they use a load of agency's but they offer good training
Pros
Nice staff and good training
Cons
Under apreciated by company
Enjoyable work
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Solihull29 June 2017
Good shift patterns - able to work five hour shifts or doubles (10hours)
Quick turnover of staff.
Residents on the whole were very friendly.
Management not always as supportive as I would have liked.
HR and Having Fun
HR (Current Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands28 June 2017
I currently work at Accord in HR and I enjoy my job; there are good benefits such as generous annual leave, flexi time working a promotion of healthy work/life balance and little things like free teas/coffee/hot chocolate (you might laugh at this being a benefit but in previous jobs, you had to pay into a kitty and fight for your share of the milk!!).

I like doing a job where the end goal is a rewarding one, like getting someone who needs help, a care assistant to support them; it makes a change from private / commerical companies.

The people are fantastic and make Accord what it is, there's always something to celebrate in HR and with celebration comes cake! Bonus!
Pros
People, rewarding outcome, good benefits and cake!
Cons
The pay isn't what you can find in a private company but the pros outweigh this for me
Better than most
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands27 June 2017
I've worked for a few care companies in the past and accord are alright, shifts are good and fit in with what I need and get paid right each month. Staff are nice so make it a nice place to work.
I enjoy my job finally
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands27 June 2017
I have recently joined accord as a care worker. I hadn't worked in care before so nervous about learning something new but training was great and people lovely and happy to help me settle in, I love helping people and can't believe its taken so long to think of care as a job.
Pros
People - who you work for and who you care for
Cons
Care is hard work but completely worth it!
Fantastic place
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Walsall ws631 May 2017
Good place to work but the employers there are nice and always talking behind each other! Managers there are lovely absolutely lovely! Just some staff need to stop talking about there colleague. There's one woman who lives there and always screaming and hitting the walls. Can sometime attacks and never sleeps at night till about 5am. There's a guy there who's also always reporting So you have to be vigilant
Pros
They don't messed with pay
Cons
Just some staffs
Chef
Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 May 2017
This company is terrible to work for so demanding and working long hours for rubbish pay. They really need to take a long hard look at themselves. They expect staff to work like dogs.
Pros
Treated like rubbish
Cons
Nice care staff, but mostly agency
Not happy with job role but ok to work for a short period of time
Care and support worker (Current Employee) –  South Yorkshire6 May 2017
Zero hour contracts
Not enough hours of work provided to provide for yourself/family
Certain care workers can be over demanding and try to play a managers role when working with them.
Cons
No hours, Lots of driving around in personal car, Not good salary
Challenging, Engaging and Rewarding
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Birmingham30 March 2017
A place where experience and learning come perfectly together to provide outstanding services to clients. Training at Accord is sublime and relevantly updated to meet changing times' needs