Accor

Accor Employee Reviews

United Kingdom343 reviews
When you are new around here, this is a better spot then others to get in frame. Is not hard at all to work with them, but they do not embrace new ways of doing things better and faster.
Even when you proof it is better/faster other way, they keep same route....

Still on early 80's philosophy of life and being, should be more open minded.
Pros
Nice place to work
Cons
Fake friendly like working environment
You have to be professional
Brand standard are very important, and these is very important for the good health of the businesses.It's a very good opportunity to promote. The staff is very friendly and helpfull, even in the rushed moments. The managemnt is understandfull and they try to help as much as posibble. They povide lot of trainings for the
I worked in the ibis sector of accor hotels is a fun relaxed atmosphere, great for young workers such as students. management were unsettled and always changing and often new management were under qualified.
I would run or co-run the fornt desk of the 52 room Motel style hotel, checking-in and checking-out customers, dealing with complaints (tere were usually quite a few), and also cooked and served buffet style breakfasts and meals. Teh hotel was very poorly managed, the receptionist were left to our own devices most of the time and had complete control over the pricing and booking of rooms. The hotel itself was in dire need of renovation and dealing with complaints was difficult when you agreed with most of what the customer was saying. i was really looking forwar to the hussle and bussle of working at a hotel reception but this job was very disappointing.
Unless you are British don't bother to apply. This department is run by an old fashioned lady who is treating all other nationalities different. All the time understaffed and continuous harassment to do more and efficient. The office gets cleaned like 2 or 3 times a year. Managers don't help at all when someone is missing or on holiday, they simply give more tasks to team members creating an hostile environment.
Having worked for accor for only 3 month. I realised stress levels was crazy, there was no support and the manager was rude, and would shout at you. And make you feel awful.
Amazing place to work if you are seeking for a company who is constantly on loop on finding talent to insert in their team. Amazing workplace with great advantage in a fun environment
Work was fast paced and rewarding for those willing to learn.
Team was very together and communication with one another was simple.

fun place to work.
TTEC at home is accepting applications for Temporary Work from Home Customer Service Representative. The COVID-19 pandemic has created an increased demand for so many in need. In this role you will support the many individuals that have been personally impacted by this crisis. We need your empathetic ear and desire to serve.
A typical day at Accor hotels was fast paced and enjoyable, I was responsible for providing breakfast, lunch or dinner services to hotel guests and non -guests. This job includes a lot of team work and customer service skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was gaining confidence and many useful skills based on customer service.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Accor?
This is difficult to write. I was hotel based and I had more experience in both sales and marketing than my line manager, so in the end it became about the line manager insisting on control over all aspects of what I did. The result was that I could not move forward or develop ideas and there was no progression at hotel level, and no real opportunity to move to a more head office based role.
We all work as a team which is good for all, guests appreciate the atmosphere we create , to work work in a nice friendly atmosphere makes your working life satisfying
Because I only worked 4 night shifts spread over a month it is difficult to string my review out for as many as 150 characters that is why this is long-winded. But it is a good place to work!
It's was pretty hard at first because I needed to clean 12 whole room and for each room I had to clean it under 30min if I didn't do it on time I would had gotten a earful from my boss
The chain which realised how important to keep up the technology in the hotel with the guests. Accor takes care of its guests and its employees too. Always looking for fresh and new ideas, outside of the box thinkers
It's a good place to work. The hotel is very beautiful and the staff is amazing. You can work at the reception or in the kitchen. the location is good.
F&B Management worst that I've ever seen, competing with the staff with good skills instead of helping with promotions and rude answers...to any question you may ask you're going to be answered with a personal question.
Very bad management in my department and in general. No support, no incentives, no good communication. Difficult to learn something new. I don’t recommend Sofitel T5
Great , friendly company. I worked there for many years with great management ( give or take 1 person) relaxed atmosphere but low paid work so hard to make a living
Avoid if you can, never had such a horible management and salary..it is a joke honestly. Been forced to clean rooms as being hired as receptionist, harrased by supervisor, management did nothing..
Horrible place to work general manager is awful at you end up doing 3 jobs at once I instead of one for minimum wage the place at Perth Mercure has so many problems no point starting a list