accomplish. Employee Reviews

absolutely terrible
Supportworker (Current Employee) –  Wales18 April 2019
honestly this wasn't a bad company when it was Tracscare, because the staff were happy because they had perks such as overtime and job satisfaction. but since they were harmonised they have taken away the overtime rare and put everyone even senior support workers on minimum wage with the huge responsibility that they have. the managers are awful work school hours and have every weekend of where as the support team work three 11.5 hour shifts in any days and then on days of your constantly badgered to do overtime which is minimum wage.when on shift some staff work hard whereas some don't font and are constantly on mobile phones. if I was to give someone who was looking for a job some advice it would be to look elsewhere because believe me your not that desperate. oh and by the way there are only good reviews on here because management have told staff to put them on to make the company look good. and the shift leaders are now pages exactly the same as support workers.
Pros
there arent any that i can see
Cons
loads
Lovely Place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire17 April 2019
Having worked for the company for a number of years, i must say that i find it a lovely place to work. Everyone is really friendly and supportive of each other and do all they can for the people we support.

Having worked for a previous care company I know that it is a difficult sector to work, but accomplish really do what they can for the people we support and staff.
Pros
Company culture
benefits
Honest review of accomplish
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wales17 April 2019
It makes me sad to read some of the reviews for accomplish, because this is not my experience at all, or that of the colleagues that I work with.

It is true that the health and social care sector is a difficult place to work in at the moment, you're never going to earn a fortune, but the pay isn't bad at accomplish compared to other care jobs

I am surprise to read that people do not feel supported, I have received support from those around me, my line manager and also those above. I know there is always someone that I can go to who will help if I need it.

The people we support are brilliant, and my experience is they are at the heart of everything the company does.

I would recommend accomplish to all my friends and family and hope to work here for many years to come
Pros
Supportive managers
Cons
Benefits - like most other care companies
Disgusting
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 April 2019
AVOID AT ALL COSTS! Management are beyond rude and do not care about anyone but themselves! Only care about the money they are making, allow staff to be treated very poorly and unfairly! Just do not work for this company!!
Pros
Got along with some staff members
Cons
Probably everything
Making everyone miserable
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Wales14 April 2019
I would suggest to people who wish to apply for this company to look elsewhere. I know a lot of employers underpay and overwork their staff but this company take this to the next level. It's a disgrace how they treat their staff, but there is also a blame culture which gets fed down from the top. Senior management are never at fault, they are perfect. It is always the poorly paid support worker who gets the blame. As for the people we support.....well they are just ignored by senior management. They expect you to work though your break and to accept the numerous pointless polices they have in place. There are no perks with this job and expected to work your fingers to the bone for hardly anything. The only reason none of the staff are on strike is because they care about the people they support and oh boy the company are so lucky that the staff care otherwise they would be forking out thousands for agency staff.

A message to the company directors. Listen and treat your staff with respect before it falls apart.
Pros
Staff are caring
Cons
Everything else
Awful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Clydach12 April 2019
Please stay away from this company. You can get into the care industry through any number of decent care companies who don’t thwart career progression like this company does. A good company shows appreciation for its employees by paying them in accordance with their competencies. But this company pushes you into positions to develop a “career” and will then only pay you a little extra for the added responsibility. And you’ll be disciplined when your best performance is prohibited by no support too. Their is no incentive to try and progress in that type of environment. Swansea HR are inconsistent and offer no support. They’ve been hard on good staff so they can look better about their inaction and incompetence with the Gower Lodge abuse scandal, and will then turn a blind eye to irresponsible practice if it’s reported about their friends. All in all, you never know where you stand in such an inconsistent and thoughtless company. And it’s only getting worse, as the service users are getting crammed into their homes to make more money. Stay away at all costs, a lot of people have wasted a lot of valuable time.
Pros
Met some interesting people
Cons
Management, poor culture, lack of support
Make Every Day Dismal
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Wales12 April 2019
Where to start? The pay is terrible. Never, ever enough staff across any of the homes to accommodate the needs of the clients, due to such a high turnover. You are sometimes expected to get assaulted by very challenging clients and left in vulnerable situations. As the years go by, more and more of your perks as an employee are taken away to accommodate the rise in minimum wage. And that’s just the start... wait till you climb the ladder.

Once you’re pushed into advanced career roles because they’ve either bullied away or sacked the faces they don’t like... You realise that the company is quite literally managed by care-frauds who don’t have an ounce of compassion about their clients, who get away with anything and everything because of who they know in HR and higher up. The things I’ve seen brushed under the rug are disgraceful. Genuine hard/positive work is stifled and put down if your face doesn’t fit. And you can expect to be bullied around by people who abuse their positions to do so, and who would never be able to climb the ladder in any other care company.

The company already changed their name to distance themselves from the bad reputation they had (formerly known as TracSCARE). But make no mistake about it, they’re the same terrible company that everyone from proper care companies laugh at, and trade unions hold open days for members to voice concerns about. Oh, and please bear in mind that the company is so desperate that they’re pushing their staff to write positive reviews. That’s right... 99.9% of the positive things written here are from current employees
  more... being told to write them to help the company.  less
Pros
You will come across some amazing clients and staf who are better off elsewhere
Making everyday worse
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wales12 April 2019
Quite simply this is the worst company I have worked for. They treat staff with contempt and give out random warnings for little issues completing ignoring mismanagement and run below required staffing risk assessments on a daily basis. They gradually take away all little perks you once had. They only care about full occupancy giving little regard to the fact they can't staff the needs of the people they support. The pay is shocking, all good reviews on this site have been written by senior management and that is clear to see.

There is a massive clique with management which means they can get away with pretty much anything. The blame will always fall upon the poor support workers who are trying their best to help all the people they support within the home. It's heavy on responsibility and paper work which is shown to the care teams who do not see the whole picture of everyday life within their homes. Often serious issues will go unreported due to this. The culture will bring the company down as there are so many disgruntled employees who have basically had enough. They are essentially a money grabbing company with no values whatsoever.
Pros
Service users.
Cons
Management, pay, lack of respect.
One of the worst companies ever
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Swansea valley11 April 2019
Terrible terrible company. Rotten to the core. Financial gains override any genuine care for clients and staff. Very dangerous ongoing culture of covering things up and lying. Majority of management are clueless bullies, who oparate on a clique basis with each other. Massive turn over of staff. No real rehabilitation for clients within the company and once their in the system there's no chance of them getting out. The pay nowhere near reflects your responsibilities asked if you. They've been in the press over recent years for very worrying issues. Staff are leaving in droves. Do yourself a favour and give this company a massive miss. Trust me, you're not that desperate for work.
Pros
Some great clients
Cons
Terrible pay, bullying management, terrible clique culture
Support worker with accomplis
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Wales11 April 2019
The pay is appalling. They think they can pay shift leaders the same as support workers and insist they work extra for free. The same is for seniors who are paid 10p more Han support workers but with much more responsibility. They force staff to leave good reviews on this site. This was said in the staff meeting. They do not give two **** about their staff. Only interested in money.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Shocking company.
Petty, tight, don’t care about staff
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol11 April 2019
I left because the strain on staff in some homes is impossible. Work load too heavy, and all they care about is the bottom line. Adding insult to injury they refuse to give shift leaders more money than an entry level worker. This company is the pits but it’s the same everywhere in social care these days. Drives everyone out of the sector.
Pros
Training is ok
Cons
Everything else
Good company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Llanelli9 April 2019
I work here now for 2 years . It's nice place to work. Staff team is good some days but its lovely house clean and clients are lovely friendly and as long as you work hard (as that's what you get paid for) then you will enjoy it .. also the training is brilliant you have fun whilst you learn I really enjoy it .. pay is ok but could be better but it's not a big issue..management here supports us staff as much as they can and its positive culture ..you can go far in this company as opportunities take you as far as you want to go. I love working here best job I've had and its very rewarding job and hardworking keeps you fit to
Pros
Eat out great staff amazing training supportive management
Terrible
Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Swansea7 April 2019
Untrustworthy and uncaring. Accomplish do not look after their staff and have no loyalty whatsoever. I would advise any applicants to seriously ask themselves whether they would want to work for such unscrupulous employers.
Maintenance Technician
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire2 April 2019
Really bad pay
Old and rusty tools
Get attacked by the patients
No money invested in equipment or materials
Have to achieve a lot with limited resource
Cons
No money available
Good entry care company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 March 2019
I worked here for a year and a half in 2014-2015. I learnt a lot about working with vulnerable people and got my nvq 3 in health and social care. Management were awful, very draconian style almost militant. They messed me about with pay constantly, overworked me and my colleagues, sometimes long days everyday for two weeks without a break. I was promised a pay rise after 6 months if I completed a booklet of about 30 pages long with Q + A about adult social care, I completed this, my pay rise was agreed and then I didn’t receive a payslip for 6 months and found out I hadn’t received a pay rise when all my payslips came in one go. I informed the area manager who said the q+a I’d filled out gas bedn lost, but he wasn’t going to make me do it again because he knew my standard of work; however he cannot backdate me 50p an hour for 6 months because the owners wouldn’t allow it. He agreed to back date my 50p an hour up for the following months pay period. A week before my pay he emails me asking to complete the 30 page q+a, I reminded him (via email) of our phone call conversation and he called me a liar and that he never said that. I went on leave for two weeks for a vacation and they didn’t pay me my annual leave pay until 2 months later.

So yes a lot of bad, but the company did teach me to keep my side of the street clean and do all communication with a paper trail going forward. It’s taken me a while to write this review, but I feel all this had to be said.

If you want my honest opinion, don’t work for this company if you want to be appreciated
Pros
Good training and development, client work was challenging but rewarding
Cons
Pay, management and HR
Assistant Accountant
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham19 March 2019
I began my training as an accountant so I could do a honest job, for a honest company and build my career. Unfortunately I joined Accomplish, whos investors seem determined to squeeze every penny they can out of local authorities, for a awful services and level of care. I saw the numbers, and it was horrendous. They really don’t care unless they are making loads of money for the investors. Completely driven by profit and not care.
Cons
Driven by profit, not care
Understaffed
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wyboston, Bedfordshire19 March 2019
I worked at Lakeside in Wyboston and the place is badly understaffed and full of agency staff. This put more pressure on all of us, to work longer hours and with no breaks. Not a good place to work.
Cons
Understaffed
Terrible
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands18 March 2019
I joined a care home in Birmingham, hoping I could make a real difference to people’s lives, but the management really didn’t care or give you any support. It was a terrible place to work
Awful Company. Avoid!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea11 March 2019
This company is the worse care company I have ever worked for the training is rubbish the hours are long as well as being exhausting. The management are awful as they have no time for you, they hide away from the shop floor. Support departments are awful, they will say they will get back to you and never do. The money is awful for what you have to do. If you enjoy working without a break this is the dream job for you! Managers and Area managers are totally out of touch with the needs of the home. But hey at least a lot of money us being made from really ill people. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
Pros
Long hours and stress.
Cons
Minimum wage, No communication, no company benefits, no family member of mine would ever live here.
Dont Bother!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Carmarthen, Carmarthenshire11 March 2019
A typical day with clients is always very rewarding but thats where it ends. Hours are too long and constantly badgered to work overtime on your days off as they can't get the staff. If you can't work overtime you are not classed as a team player...and you will know it quite quickly. Pay is minimum wage but don't be surprised if your pay is regularly wrong and you have to wait till the following month. Staffing levels are always minimum which makes money for the investors. The culture is not one that cares for its staff. Comments about money driven is 100% spot on. If you want to work in care...avoid this one.
Pros
Clients are mostly great to work with
Cons
Long hours on low staffing numbers, Tons of paperwork, Not enough time for clients, training is poor, Bosses are money focused.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at accomplish.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8