Accolade Wines

Accolade Wines Employee Reviews

United Kingdom21 reviews
Accolade is a production company with great quality standards and always striving to compete and acheive the best. Accolade is proud to be one of the largest wine production facility in the europe. The place is well organised, neat and has a great quality culture. Working at Accolade, I have learnt to be independent in my work and not require micro managing and also organise my time to be able to achieve deadlines and targets in this fast paced environment. Accolade allows individuals to take ownership of their work.
Nice place to work and meet good teams to work. Good managers.
Good place to work. Friendly people. Quite hard work and pay isn't really good enough especially for night work. You get paid exactly the same as day staff which is not good seeing as you're doing a 7pm till 7am shift
Worked for this company for 7+ years. Little to no chance of progression unless you know management outside of work. Quite toxic environment to work in due to senior shift managers (P. S.) spreading blame culture and using their position to "deal" with you on a personal level every time they have a chance of feel so. HR department is little to no help either. I went to see them to talk about an issue i had with one of the managers where my sick pay was stopped by him without prior warning and was told nothing could be done without even investigating the issue. If you're a part of a chosen few where you know senior management outside work/ personally then you may have some chance to progress, otherwise i would say avoid as it's not worth it. Only positives that if you like wine you can buy it at the staff shop for cheaper. That's probably the only good thing about the company.
Worked there for 7+ years and only been on a long term sick once only to find that senior shift manager stopped my wage as he was feeling so without any prior formal warning. During all that time of working there i had not even one 1 to 1 with my manager, no progression or development plan, nothing at all. Only meetings with managers i had only to be blamed on the things that weren't my fault.

Could write a book about how toxic and unfair this place is but in short i suggest to avoid it at all costs. Especially if you are willing to progress.
Pros
Cheaper wine for staff
Cons
Unprofessional management, no progression.
An excellent company to have worked within, having spent 12 years with them. good payouts. I enjoyed this job and feel as though I learnt a lot about manufacturing.
Great people great place to work been here a long time. A shame times are changing but it’s been a great experience and met some amazing people along the way
Although only as a temporary placement via an agency, my experience was very positive.
They were very friendly, helpful and rightfully proud of the successes at Accolade Park.
Good environment for wine drinkers, hardworking ethos, plenty of rewards and perks. Lovely employees, plenty of teamspirit. I will miss it but job was not what I signed up for.
Pros
Good perks, friendly environment, teamspirit
Cons
Career limiting, company restructures and quarterly briefings in Bristol
good company to work for once you get started only thing is alot of the work is through agency's.And is not a permanent job roll.I find it hard to get a full time job at accolade wines. without going through an agency. as I have tryed many times in the past .
Pros
wages are good
Cons
agency work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Accolade Wines?
love it here, great benifits,hours were great, on site gym,
wine course available , managers very helpful and supportive, work life balance is good too.
All of the leaders within the organisation acted professionally and were all knowledgeable in their own fields. The culture was very relaxed but was target driven. Personally I found the air-con to irritate my respiratory system and despite the obvious signs of this and repeated protestations this was not really addressed. It was an enjoyable time and the organisation felt at ease with diversity and social inclusion very evident.
Pros
Discounted Food and Drink
Cons
Working away from home / remote working not possible
Great place to work good senior management team. Good working culture with good staff benefits.
I enjoyed my time there and would recomed it as a place to work
Pros
Staff Gym
Cons
Lots of weekend working
I enjoyed this job and feel as though I learnt a lot about logistics and the wine trade. My position was very fast paced and forever changing. I liked the fact that I was able to work alone but was well backed up with support from management.
I enjoyed being at accolade since i started. Really healthy culture, good approach, loads of benefits, modern facilities. Really good team, friendly people
Pros
Wine allowance
Cons
night shifts
En general un buen trabajo para empezar la vida en otro país. Aunque, tal vez, el trabajo no estaba bien repartido y bien delimitado.
Get drawn into others problems and accused of serious miss behaviour. Got along fine for a while and as agency others want to out you to better their chances of employment. ..
An excellent company to have worked within, having spent 27 years with them. I had sole responsibility for the island of Ireland and was given the necessary level of autonomy and scope to over-achieve my targets in virtually every one of the 27 years.
I grew the Op. Profit from £55,000 in 1984/85, peaking at £1.6M in 2008. The latter years and the growing levels of competition / downward pressure on pricing reduced my profit delivery to 1.1M in 2010 / 11.
Pros
Excellent remuneration package reporting into competent professional managers.
Cons
The challenge of achieving on an on-going basis with daily performance updates
Daily duty was work on reach truck witch a scanner , receive ordered goods or finalise orders on goods out site.
Replenisch on warehouse site and other obligations associated with this type of work.
Pros
good working conditions
Cons
little chance for advancement
A well-paid job, night shift, good training, well-stocked warehouse, friendly working atmosphere, nice helpful colleagues,
Busy team: dealing with telephone calls/faxes/and electronic orders for wines and ciders - within set delivery deadlines

Enjoyed dealing with telephone calls from customers and building and maintaining excellent customer relationships. Also liaising with our Demand Planning, Sales and Warehouse/distribution teams to ensure that iorders are delivered in full and in time.
laid back, funny. non strenuas. management was always alrite when speaking to you. other co-workers were friendly and helpful.
Pros
cheap meals
Cons
hot.