Academics Ltd

Academics Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
Working for Academics has been a pleasure as the staff are lovely and respond as quick as they can. Great school experience and quick school experience. I was given a school to work in within a week or so of being cleared to to work.
Could be a bit stressful if they phoned early in the morning asking you to go somewhere which is only accessible by public transport if you don't drive.

Overall a pleasant company to work with.
Always well looked after, all agents are very friendly. Good communication. Always have the opportunity to discuss the work. The work is always varied.
Pros
Flexibility
I've joined Academics and within 2 weeks I was given a job. Ive worked in a secondary school as a Teaching assistant and it was really good, had a great time and great team.

Very good staff from the agency , always helped me and I always had the support I needed. Very good communication.

Good pay and always have jobs available.

They work around you and always support you.

Ive enjoyed working with the company and I I've had great time and it was good to meet staff and work at different settings.
You get a lot of experience. It is completely suited around when you can work. Can differ week to week. Completely up to you. Unfortunately I had to end my work with them as I couldn't fit it around my uniwork and caring for my mum. But is a great place to work.
This agency is good and they do try and help you get in the different schools you want to go into. The agent I had was helpful. Working within the agency is very flexible. They don't calm you on the days you don't want to work. The only problem is that you don't always know when you are working until the actual day when the agency calls you at 7:30 or 8am.
Management are very professional and always strive to get you a longterm contract and if not work hard to get your a placemnet everyday.A typical day at work is fantastic. Ive rarely had a difficult experience wokrin for this agency compared to others.
Pros
Great Management, Flexible around employee
Cons
N/a
Registration was quick and simple and I was able to start work quickly. The team were helpful and easy to communicate with. I am looking forward to working with them
I have worked for a few agencies and can say that Academics have been professional and promt in dealing with all areas of the business.Polite staff , good communication and painless pay system.
Very unserious company. No chance if you are a very good worldwide teacher, with some UK experience. No call back since cleared to work and interview 3-4 months ago. Stay away from them especially if you are looking for supply roles !
Perfect for the person who wants to have a job that changes from day today, And includes a lot of travel. It’s not always reliable and you could be given a placement last minute
A typical day involves delivering work to students that has been left for them by their teacher. It is very challenging but rewarding. The hardest part of the job is dealing with behaviours and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people everyday.
Pros
Good classroom experience
Cons
Not guarenteed everyday work
easy to get in touch with,pleasant and helpful with any concerns.Very quick at getting you work and follows up with phone calls to see how you are doing.Keeps contact with school that you have been assigned to.
Assisted with classroom instruction in the absence of a lead teacher. This includes performing all the jobs of a regular teacher including handling lessons, ensuring that classroom supplies are aplenty, and making sure that normal classroom routines are followed and discipline is maintained.
academics has provided me with lots of experience withing a proper working environment that i did not have before. i have enjoyed working for them and the staff are friendly as well.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
sometimes have to travel long distance at short notice
Great place to go if you need experience.

Working in lots of different settings and learn about that setting and how they work as well as meeting different staff.

The hardest part about working for an Agency is that you never know if your going to get any work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that you gain experience different roles in different settings.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Not a permanent job
The registration process was straight forward and I felt informed and respected. I have only had one job so far and am hoping to get busier soon. If I receive more jobs I will be able to evaluate the company in more detail. I was informed about a job in a school the day before which gave me plenty of time to prepare.
A typical day may be waiting for the phone to ring to attend a school. On arrival a class is usually waiting. So a quick understanding of the subject to teach is important.
Pros
Meeting a large number of people
Cons
Little job security
its okay, but don't get work everyday. when you do work, this includes caring for children and being a TA or nursery nurse
A typical day at work for me is very busy and varied, involving many aspects of the business from HR to IT and operations. I've learned how to manage a complex workload and excel under pressure. Working closely with our team of directors, they are very supportive and trusting in my capabilities. The hardest part of the job is during our busiest time of year, our summer 'recruitment drive' - tempers can fray in the office and I have learned to stay calm throughout this. The most enjoyable part of the job is the keen team atmosphere - I get on well with all my co-workers and we often strive together towards common goals.