ABP Employee Reviews

friendly to disabled ones
Packer/Picker (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, ENG25 March 2015
Used to work for ower year, very lucky as I suffer some health problems, the Management just very understanding people, bless them
Pros
well paid overtime hours
Normaly
Butchers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sturminster Newton, ENG22 February 2015
Teamwork,Discipline,lurned thing which i usefull in my life.every workers worked hard every day,the hardest part of the job is to early wake up every day.
slaughter hall
slaughter hall (Former Employee) –  york ABP4 November 2014
After spending 5 yrs on killing line at MBF I was grade B with Grade A Skills
I went to ABP and oh boy high chapperal hardly any steriliser were working. I only had one knife I should have had two. Pay was disgusting worked out less than NMW waa paid on each kill. So lets say we killed 80 cattle we got paid percentage weekly take home apx 190 - 220 for a 40 hr week
very bad management no communication at all.
bunch of cowboys. It's a real pity because there is a lot of potential with right management
Pros
no weekends
Cons
5h1t pay. cowboy company
very productive place and a bit stressful
Hygiene Supervisor/production manager (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere, ENG29 January 2014
Work start very early, at work for 6.30 am, a very demanding job and stressful because it fresh meat the orders are in daily base so you have to react to the markets the orders could change from one day to another some time for hour to another. machinery breakdown could effect the production or shortness of staff or materials. In general it was friendly place to work and the most enjoyable part of the job is when you meet the target and staff are satisfied too.
Pros
Meat is bought half price
Busy office
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lurgan, NIR11 November 2013
Help out with the daily and weekly accounts of the business including profit and lost accounts, weekly and daily animal accounts and sort out invoices sent by suppliers. I also have been learning the sales and transport of the business so that I have a full understanding of all the business. I have been putting orders on for customers and closing them off as well as dealing with queries of a business about their order. As well as these jobs I am able to use the franking machine for the post and use the switchboard at reception if cover is needed for it. The hardest part of the job would be that i was promised full training which i did not receive which makes some tasks difficult. The most enjoyable part of the job would be the various jobs that i help out with not just the one thing every day.
Pros
Close to home, good wages
Cons
Promised training which i didnt get
6.31
apdator (Former Employee) –  warehouse7 November 2013
low money, very dirty work. ( blood abscesses smell)
very bad manager.
not a very nice place to work
Slaughterman (Current Employee) –  yetminster1 September 2013
i have learned alot about health and safety and how sheep should be treated
Pros
n/a
Cons
no communication between staff so nobody knows when the shifts are going to finish
works only temporary
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Bathgate, SCT8 August 2013
working for a temporary employment agency, monotonous, no future and implement their own ambitions
Cons
Bathgate
A good location. Helpful work collegues.
Transport Worker (Former Employee) –  Plymouth27 July 2013
A typical day at work would be escorting traffic on and off the ship and dealing with customer enquires, for the most part my particular job was to operate the bridge. I had to adjust it according to the tide for cars and bigger vehicles to arrive to and from the ship safely so I feel this was an important part of the job.
Pros
Good working location.
Cons
Split Shifts.
good people not knowing what you are doing day to day
dock worker,folklift,driver,leading hand. (Former Employee) –  Southampton, ENG11 June 2013
good company to work for good pension good prospects working in all weathers working on cruise ships loading and unloading
Pros
good money
Cons
not no the hours you are working day to day
productive and fun workplace
Deputy Team Leader/Factory Operative (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells7 January 2013
my co-workers were polite and understanding. it is the same company.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short deadlines
productive workplace
butcher-trimer (Current Employee) –  ellesmere3 January 2013
work in a dynamic environment and pleasant colleagues.8 hour day and night shifts
optional overtime and bonuses
A great place to work.
FLT Driver (Former Employee) –  Hull Docs1 September 2012
Great people to work with and a focused management which made our work life more enjoyable, flexible hours and plenty of overtime..
Pros
overtime work and rate
Cons
been made redundant
Challenging and at times tight deadlines yet self gratification at the end of the day.
Ships Agency & Administration Operations (Current Employee) –  Immingham1 August 2012
Co-ordination and communicating with others of Vessels berthing and working.
Ensuring all paperwork is correct and entered correctly in a variety of electronic and manual systems.
Communicating with outside sources for the preparation of specialized containers.
Working in an office of two covering out of hours on alternative weeks.
Ensuring the safety of both crew and vessels.
Arranging accommodation and movement of crew when necessary.
Communicating with clients on a varied amount of topics form empty stock units to damaged and movements.
Pros
client appreciation once difficult tasks have been completed.
Cons
phone calls during silent hours after midnight.