ABP Employee Reviews

Excellent Company to Work for.
Trainee Pilot (Former Employee) –  Humber31 July 2019
Excellent company -well paid job and good prospects for promotion. Company took health and safety seriously and looked after employees well. Would work for them again
Pros
Pay, training and prospects
fun workplace
picking and packing (Former Employee) –  Doncaster7 January 2019
Opportunity to learn english. Good workplace , nice and big canteen, Good conversation with managers, and all problems solved. Good organisation jobs.
Pros
Very good meals
Cons
Cold
Terrible Management
Quality Controller (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent20 November 2018
I worked there through an agency and got let go within one week. This was because they refused to train me and I forgot my card one day and had a private mental health moment. They do not respect mental health and noone there would speak to me even though I was (supposed to be) training. They say they will work with you but then say it is an inconvenience even though they offered.
Pros
Cheap food
Cons
Praca niegodna polecenia. Brak szans na awans.
operator maszyn (Current Employee) –  County Down11 October 2018
Firma nastawiona na wykorzystanie taniej siły roboczej że wschodu Europy.
great fun
Marine Operative (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire13 June 2018
it was great fun to work with everyone. each day was very different to the next as expected in a busy port. the best part was being out on the water and the worst part was some of the waiting around you did and even then it was alright because all of the employees were friendly and would strike up a conversation to pass the time.
Not so bad place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury25 May 2018
Was eight hours per day, five days per week and a very hard job and the payment was not so good and they force me stay to finish all the product and the as well was the overtime and because of that I change my job.
Pros
cantine on site, coat and hair net
Cons
long hours, hard job mental and fizic and very cold and dry place.
Good job security but no life balance
Cargo operative / crane driver (Current Employee) –  Immingham, Lincolnshire10 May 2018
A typical day at work arrive at 6 and after a safety talk then straight up the crane and start discharging or loading the vessel . I enjoy working here because of job satifaction its enjoyable after seeing a ship leave the port knowing that you and your team have discharged and loaded it . The hardest part of the job is the long hours and not spending much time at home with my family .
Pros
Good workmates
Cons
Long hours no balance
abp review
Butchery Assistant (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire2 May 2018
During my time at abp i worked from 8 til 2 daily in the boning hall which included stripping meat of the bone i stayed at this job for just over 2 months as i wernt cut out for it
fun workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ellesmere1 February 2018
not a bad pay, canteen on site, company organise training on-site and pays for it, typical day at work is from 7 am till 3:30pm if morning shift, one break is paid
productive workplace
Packer/Picker (Former Employee) –  Langport, Somerset25 January 2018
lots. washing and cleaning.
learned how to work in a team and alone how to be productive and WORK FAST but with good quality
had regular breaks.
understanding magment.
hardest part of job was to be working more than 8h a day.
Good
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Doncaster17 September 2016
Good Company but I looking for new skills and experience in new company near Doncaster
Hardest part of job is when u got Delevery for early time ... like u start from 6pm and u have to pick about 1200 cases in 1 hour because car have gone at 7 pm.
Pros
nice people
Cons
have cases
Very proffesional and exciting place of work
Agriculture& Sustainability Manager (Former Employee) –  Doncaster15 August 2016
No typical day in Agriculture a fast paced customer focused self driven role requiring specific knowledge good communication skills theability to comunicate at all levels from Farmer to Board level also the ability to educate new enerants in to the industry from Graduate Trainees to Board level
Pros
high salary and very rewarding
Cons
Rolling week and long hours
good
paker (Former Employee) –  Elsmer30 March 2016
I have no opinion goot for. Ithinkthe company has development but loking for change antation elseemend implementation
Very cold, heavy duties
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, ENG23 November 2015
ABP was a meat storage warehouse, it was very cold because of that, and the atmosphere there was really stressfu, didnt enjoyed working there but I handle the job easily and did well on it.
Cons
Very cold
a grate place to work
drivers mate (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG29 October 2015
early start to work 10 hour shifts i learnt a lot from this company and it`s management was a messy job very hands on sort of work but also moral was very good among staff and managers
Pros
fun work place
average workplace
Picker. Packer (Former Employee) –  Doncaster13 October 2015
Even when informed of me having responsibilities like taking care of my son, and the fact i was on a part time contract and available on specific days, i was still forced to work like a full time employee, after telling them i couldn't work on some of the days i stopped getting shifts.
Pros
easy to get to (transport wise)
Cons
unfriendly atmosphere
Productive place to work, loads to learn, and absolutely love it
Marketing and Communications Lead (Former Employee) –  London, ENG7 October 2015
A typical day at work would include managing their social media platforms, updating their website pages, and drafting emails to send out to the ABP members. I have learned a lot having done this internship. I have learnt time management, working under pressure, leadership, and communication, as there were a lot of assignments that had to completed within a day. Furthermore, PR was a vital part of my role as I had to capture the attention of leading HR boards, such as the CMI, ILM and the CIPD. The management were very helpful and made sure I had enough support throughout the programme. My co-workers were exceptional, and our co-ordination was impeccable, making everything a lot easier. The hardest part of my job was the PR, as this was the first time I had approached these prestigious organisations and so, I had to make sure that everything was done right. I would say that every aspect of this, although difficult and challenging, was also very enjoyable.
Pros
Got to meet loads of industry professionals
good work place
butcher (Former Employee) –  Great Harwood30 August 2015
for slaughtering animals it was an actually good work place. good management and no big issues. it was a slaughter house, so there is not much to say about it: killing animals and preparing them for the next stage.
Production Supervisor Successor / T/Leader (Former Employee) –  Doncaster16 July 2015
-jobs salary is low
-balance between job work and life is poor. Most time you spend in work place.
- good place to pogress
-work underpressure
Pros
big company
Horrible place
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Doncaster, ENG16 May 2015
My typical day at work? I have tried to make sure that all my days were different. I have been lucky enough that I have been assigned to work in warm place far away from the production where temperature barely reached few Celsius degrees. I can remember being shouted at twice during my first day at work. No one cares about new workers, the only thing that counts is how much meat can factory produce. I have been lucky that i did not work on production where atmosphere was the worst. I do not understand why people there are so frustrated every time something goes wrong instead keeping their heads cool and quickly find solution to a problem. Instead they blame each other and wait for someone else to find a solution. Its not all the people there but sadly a majority. I do not recommend this place to anyone.
Pros
good looking women
Cons
atmosphere, management, work hours, temperature