Abertawe Bro Morgannwg University Health Board Employee Reviews

Very Supportive Management
Auxiliary Nurse (Current Employee) –  Swansea, Swansea12 April 2018
Still currently working within the trust, have an excellent line management, the Ward Manager and Matron are very supportive and always encouraged me in my role and very keen on staff training
Pros
Helping patients and their families
Competitive Salary and pension benefits
Secretary/Administrator (Current Employee) –  Singleton hospital swansea27 August 2017
Security of working for a public company. Excellent benefits such a personal pension. Caring environment and support for staff. Encouragement for further development and regular professional development reviews.
Pros
Excellent working environment and benefits for staff
Cons
Health Care Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Neath, Neath Port Talbot4 January 2017
Excellent company to be a part of with great opportunities to progress. Always feel like a valued member of staff and there are plenty of new learning experiences to be gained.
Ward based
Biomedical Support Worker/Driver (Current Employee) –  Swansea, WLS23 October 2013
Since I usually work nights, after handover the qualified nurses tend to have half of the ward each. This means they are responsible for doing the medications and physical care for their patients. I usually to one patient at a time, after dispensing due medications we offer the toilet, to check physical areas, reposition for the night and ask if there is any other needs they have before moving on to the next patient. If a patient requires emergency medication we will do this as and when needed. Once all patients in our care have been given the above I tend to bring my written reports up to date. Then we check the controlled drugs and order more if needed. It is then a case of addressing the needs of the patient as they arise. Toileting, pain relief, nausea management etc. Sometimes we have family staying since a patient could be terminal and should they pass away we offer support to the family, give relevant information and do last offices after the family have left. We also do verification of death on the night shift. If needed we list property and send valuables to the overnight safe. Sometimes we have to call in relatives when patients deteriorate. The majority of the team have worked on the unit for many years and we each support the other. The unit for all its role is a relatively happy place and it is a joy to hear patients laugh. During my years at Ty Olwen I have learned about team work, shared goals and the feeling of being part of a hard working group who have the care of the patient as their number one goal.
Pros
Team work
Cons
To much paperwork