ABERDEEN CITY COUNCIL Employee Reviews

Very good, a great company to work for
Community Bus Escort (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City15 October 2017
Very good company to work for. Training is excellent, staff are well supported and looked after, the working environment is generally excellent. Staff morale is high.
Was okay good
Aberdeen (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen13 September 2017
Its a outdoor job which in sunny weather its fine but old and rainy days are horrible anf the employees are fun and the management is okay needs a bit of work
not the best of employers
Refuge loader (Current Employee) –  altens east1 August 2017
Poor organization .lack of communication and no moral among staff .wouldn't recommend working for Aberdeen city council unless you like early starts and finishes .
Pros
early start and finish
Cons
no organization and lack of respect for employees
Apprentice Painter and Decorator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen4 July 2017
It is a fun place to work you get a lot of experience from the older workers who have been working for years. I would recommend to others as others are friendly and are willing to teach you new things.
Pros
Fun place to work
Lovely place to work
Telephonist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen28 June 2017
Good benefits
Amazing culture in Frederick St
Good work/life balance - friendly atmosphere
Con - Loud open plan office
Lovely staff - welcoming and good managerial staff
Con is the sickness policy - 2 sicknesses in a year and action is taken
Culture is improving with team building days etc
Pros
So many
Cons
Sickness Policy
Great Working within the school
PUPIL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen19 June 2017
Unfortunately due to school closures my time there ended. Fantastic time over the years. Until management came in and closed the school. Unfortunately after a period of time you discovered you are only a number.
Interesting place to work
Adminstration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City19 June 2017
I found the training was not very good if you only have a temporary contract. There seemed to be no consistency in the way people did things. They all seemed to do things differently. So if you asked one person how to do things they will tell you one way and yet another person would tell you a differnet wasy.
Each Day Different
Admin Support (Current Employee) –  City Centre15 June 2017
Deal mainly with the public as this is an exhibition space that is open to the public. Collate numbers for visitors to the premises and also direct and inform public. Make ready for new exhibitors and assist to de-stall.
Pros
Get to see new art work, and new technologies.
Cons
Can be a bit boring
Good rate of fees
Foster carer (Former Employee) –  Home Based16 March 2017
I worked with ACC for 10 years as a foster carer and worked as part of a team involved with looked after children. They have good policies and we're supportive in my role as a carer.
Budget driven
Social work manager (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen4 March 2017
Difficult job when budgets were reduced , services closed and staff were made redundant.
Multiple changes in Senior manager posts which caused much disruption and uncertainty
Prior to that very enjoyable
I took voluntary severance in 2010
Pros
The clients
Cons
Politicians
Fun workplace and good people
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Marshall college25 February 2017
My job role in Aberdeen city council was work around house in Aberdeen area I had too clear out the abandoned home that people left behind. I learned to be professional about the public area because I sometime had to go with the line management to someone's house to help clean it and remove anything. The hardest part about the job for me was trying to clear a fridge out went the food is all bad and out of day. The best about the job was I got to work with good friends and be able to forget how bad the house was.
Pros
Good lunch breaks
Cons
Flexi hours a major bonus
Assistant Property Officer (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen city, UK22 February 2017
Enjoyed my time here plenty of training provided, friendly colleagues made friends for life working here.
Kept busy most days and always had new tasks.
Plenty of opportunity to move within departments if jobs come up internally.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Worked mostly on my own.
Aberdeen (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City20 February 2017
There was zero contract so was hard to work out my income as sometimes I would work 25 works a week & other times 5 hours.Good point was I worked in my area as I don't drive so no expenses on bus fares.
Pros
Worked in my area
Cons
Sometimes not enough hours
Good Workplace
Loader (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen8 February 2017
I have learned many good skills there. Nice place to work and expand yourself. Friendly people and warm atmosphere you can find there.
Lack of experience
Apprentice Joiner (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire7 February 2017
Whislt doing my apprentiship I felt I did not receive the needed experiance to go on and work for a larger comercial company within joinery. The experience was mainly in maintenance and the skill level was not great from other employees.
Pros
Sucure position
Cons
not enough range of experience
every day was diffrent
Electricians Mate (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire2 February 2017
I was out in a van and was in charge of four men we use to put up lighting post for street signs with light on top or we would dig up road looking for faulty cables
Job Stability
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen28 January 2017
Stability.... It is usually office hours and fixed work times. The job is secure and there is room for career growth and progression....There are associated benefit within the LA and other affiliated organisations.
Balance between Pros and Cons
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen30 December 2016
Fabulous job for those that they want stability without any other prospect in their career. The leaders try to cover their back. They see the tree and not the forest. Excellent CEO with out good partners of the departments.
Pros
Ceo, Job Stability, salary, work time
Cons
Leaders without imagination, bureaucracy
good team
Temporary contract ends December 2016 (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen27 November 2016
Nice team I worked with, easy to get along with, flexi hours were really handy. Only downside was I was a temp through an agency so my job wasn't guaranteed each week.
Pros
flexi time
Cons
temp - agency
Not great
Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen2 November 2016
Didn't feel the job was right for me as the training wasn't great. Working hours werent great. The hardest part of the job was lifting the heavy parts such as springs etc. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting the job done then being praised.