Abellio Employee Reviews

very bad company
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Battersea, Greater London26 November 2019
Every time problem with wages they try to pay you less and you need to beg them for money 10 times if controller ask you to make some additional trip they will pay you basic pay instead of overtime Controllers try to hasten you because time of journey is so short not possible to make it driving within the speed limit even when you dosnt stop at any bus stop and after menager call you to his office and check mobile eye asking why you drive so fast You don't have stand time at all always they call before you get to stand asking to go now treat you like robot brakes are short some duty are 5 hours so minus brake you get pay for 4h 20 minutes Menagment not helpfull at all nobody knows nothing if you have any issues they will send you from one to the other same with swapping duties you can ask hundred times and they not going to change nothing
Challenging
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Glasgow11 November 2019
Abellio's corporate culture has changed dramatically over the past number of years as it has adapted from being a small company to a large on.

This has left the corporate structure slow and not as responsive as it once was.
The management are ruthless and dismissive to all request!!
bus operative (Current Employee) –  walworth branch28 September 2019
working at the head office branch for 3 years there are 1% English born citizen 3% Greek 10% Samalians 65% Nigerian 22% bugarians/Albanians............................... The company prefers to pay low wages for the first two years when you are doing either more and just the same as the senior drivers... probation period is two years before increase hourly rate but many either are sacked or leave treatment from managers is abysmal and the running of bus services is awful they win routes but rarely retain them due to poor regulation of the service the only reason the company continues to function is that they are legally bind by government legislation and TFL contractual agreements in general go for Go-ahead London or stagecoach there much better and treat your with respect and curtesy and eventually get bonuses with increase hourly rate with cateen ficilities stockwell/Camberwell/new cross re the best depots............forget abellio/arriva.........................
Pros
none!
Great team to work with
Bus Driver/Operator (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London27 September 2019
It’s been nearly 18 years since I am working at the same place and I am very happy with my colleges, management & directors. If you like driving around then it’s best ever job
Opinia o miejscu pracy
Kierowca autobusu (Former Employee) –  Greater London16 September 2019
Toalety w miejscu racy potrafią być obsikane do góry do doł,
brak kultury osobistej współpracowników którzy wychowali się w lesie.
Sama praca jest spoko. sprzęt i warunki pracy nawet dobre.
Pros
Darmowe bilety
Trash
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Walworth.9 September 2019
Go to go ahead. Abellio is Trash management are incapable. There are like a gang who stick together. But say different stuff so you don’t know who to take advice from. The other bus drivers are so friendly and cool
Pros
Bus are all hybrids
Cons
Everything else but the hybrid buses
Awful
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Glasgow5 August 2019
I worked for Abellio for a year. I met my targets, I wasn’t late and I had one sick day. I told my manger on a Thursday I’d need to take time off to get an emergency blood transfusion. I got sacked on the Tuesday. Same manger said that if you work more than eight hours you’re not entitled to a break if you are a temp. The temps get paid nearly three pounds less per hour than permanent. Absolute cowboys
Pros
Normal staff great
Cons
No chance if progression
Ok
Șofer autobuz (Former Employee) –  Greater London29 July 2019
O companie serioasă, inclusă în lista priorităților TFL.
not productive if you stand up for your rights.
Bus Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  London7 March 2019
I have joined this company as a bus driver even though i have my qualification in mechanical engineering! I work for this company for about two years and decided to to join the engineering department ! carried in all my certificate to the operation manager and engineering manager but nothing was done even thought promises were made that i would be transferred over, this carried on for almost one year! the route that i was driving in services was TUPE to london central so i went along with the route as i saw no progression in this company .
Pros
free bus pas
Cons
not that easy to be promoted if your not in one of the manager back pocket if you know what i mean!!
Good company
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  London5 March 2019
Profesional People, some of them. Good company and understanding People sometimes. A Young team and good conditions The posibillity to graduate and to do overtime.
Pros
Free games
Cons
Uniform
Great
Rail Replacement Co Ordinator (Current Employee) –  London7 February 2019
Life at Abellio is great being on a zero hours contract means I can work around any commitments that I may make. Abellio Rail Replacement is a great place to work if you wish to get involved in the bus industry.
Poor Management
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort William, Highland23 January 2019
they work you too the bone, for the as little pay as possible. The amount of work is sometimes overwhelming, but you are always expected to go above and beyond what's capibale
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Not paid nearly enough for the job
salaire
Chauffeur de bus (Former Employee) –  battersea8 January 2019
très bon salaire. très bon environnement de travail et réelle possibilité d' évolution.
Averagely good place to work
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Camberwell, Greater London8 January 2019
Not sure when you will loss your job. Managers are not helpful. Everyday is different at Abellio due to management not being considerate. Year of service don't matter to the company.
Good place to work,
Bus Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Battersea, Greater London5 January 2019
25 years London bus driver so worked for the lot Problem with Abellio is the un-educated management and the bully tactics of the i-bus controllers half of whom can't speak English and that's coming from an immigrant. Unprofessional for a radio announcer to have limited English.
They are the only one of the big 4 London bus company to have this. Management put them under pressure which they transfer to the driver. I was actually told to hold back at a traffic light to maintain a headway. I refused as the light was green and deemed this unsafe.
Pros
Weekly pay, pension and free london travel
Cons
I-bus and Management
Degrading and less progression
Bus Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London2 January 2019
I have been a bus driver for sixteen years and I have worked last ten years for abellio, bus drivers are treated like animals and they are regularly bullied by uneducated low life controllers and so called managers, every bus company is worst the other and I believe this one only cares about how to exploit and make money lack of break times no spread overs like proper bus companies like London United and Metroline I left recently and will never look back.
Very Nice Place to Work
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Hayes, Middlesex, UK20 December 2018
Typical day is liasing constantly with my staff and you are always learning new things because one day is never the same. You always have full support from other managers from all departments.

Work culture is diverse and everyone all gets on with each other with nice team spirit. However, the hardest part of the job is ensuring that full bus service is met and ensure full service requirements are met.

However, the most enjoyable part of the job is acheiving my KPI requirements set out whilst staying within budget.
Great people to work with, but problems with the workflow
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow17 December 2018
The company was nice to work for, had a nice team on site, and they tried to give incentives for performance. However, while I was able to do the job with a minimum of training, a great many other individuals were not producing good customer experiences, and twinned with the seemingly endemic issues with the rail network in Scotland, there seemed to be more and more complaints being dealt with by a handful of people while there were a great many employees who were not supporting the team.
No loyalty
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London16 December 2018
Regardless of how long we work management has no loyalty toward employees. There’s nothing anything like increasing morale of employees. Ain’t a long run working place
Ambiente de trabajo,buena.
Conductor Bus (Former Employee) –  Walworth, London16 December 2018
Buen trato a sus trabajadores.
Pago puntual.
Capacitacion para sus trabajadores.
Pros
Medico muy bueno.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abellio. Our community is ready to answer.

Abellio Reviews by Location