Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

Found 40 reviews matching the search See all 3,362 reviews
A great organisation offering ample opportunity and fantastic products
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  UK South14 May 2018
I had an amazing career working at Abbott, the training and opportunities are second to none. It is a great organisation to work for, the products are excellent.
Pros
Established reputable organisation with great heritage
Cons
None I can think of
abbott hospital2hospital
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire30 October 2017
really good place to work
good benefits
good potential for promotions
good overtime pay
have to work Saturdays
have to some times work shifts and long hours
Great Place to Work
Senior Administrator (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire24 February 2017
Abbott are great employers. Management is approachable. I had 3 different Line Managers in 3 years and all of them were supportive and encouraging. Pay and benefits were good as with most pharma companies. Work life balance was excellent. I worked with a brilliant team and felt I was encouraged to make my own decisions.

I am only having to leave because our office is closing.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
Nothing comes to mind
Clinical Manager
Clinical Manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based16 August 2017
Flexible and supportive company. Good working conditions. tends to promote from within so good career prospects. T&C's very good compared with previous medical device employer.
Pros
Hands off managements
Cons
Unrealistic expectations from HQ when country is understaffed
I have enjoyed working for Abbotts Laboratories
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Witney22 March 2017
Good training and enjoyed working as part of a team. Supportive management for the time I was there. The hours fitted well with my work life balance and I received good on the job training for the production of diabetes testing packs. The hardest part of the job was the insecurity of the temporary contract.
Pros
Good Training
Cons
Temporary contract
Productive and fun working place
Picker and Packer (Former Employee) –  Sittingbourne9 April 2013
At Abbotts I learnt how to dismantle pumps and seperate them into the specific catergories. I also learnt how to take the orders, find the correct products and pack into boxes ready for them to delivered to the companies. I enjoyed my work experience here and enjoyed the day to day tasks which I was given throughout my time here. I found that my main strength was learning the tasks given to me extremely quickly and I was praised on this.
Pros
free lunches
Fab place to work
COMMUNICATIONS CONSULTANT - VRPR (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead, Berkshire3 October 2017
What a wonderful employer the NHS is. Great pensions and career opportunities in a really creative area of work. Really nice people and a challenging work environment full of deadlines which are also good.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Weak managers
Work environment
Medical device Investigator (Former Employee) –  Oxfordshire11 July 2017
A typical day at work was quite stressful but working with nice colleagues. The management was good but maybe a bit disorganised sometimes. The hardest part of the job was to get concentrated and to get to the target everyday. And the most enjoyable part of the job was the laughter between colleagues.
Frustrating Commercial Department Management
PROCESS CHANGE & CONTRACT CONSOLIDATION MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Maidenhead20 March 2014
I was brought into Abbott in an interim capacity to manage their Managed Service Department as part of their Commercial department. This involved managing their largest contract with Greater Glasgow & Clyde Healthcare Board and much travel to Glasgow. Despite the complexities of the contract and the many third parties feeding into this contract I possess much experience in this area and was able to apply these to this situation.
On leaving Abbott the Glasgow contract was in a much better position and I was held responsible for improving Abbott's relationship with their customer and overseeing all contract issues.
Pros
Cons
Management Structure
AHP restructured in Jan 2013
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Cheshire, Wirral & Merseyside16 January 2013
Abbott Laboratories is a massive organisation based in Chicago. 2 years ago they "acquired" Solvay Healthcare Ltd in the Uk where I had been working for 12 years at the time. The last 2 years have been fighting against the cuts made in the NHS coupled with the restructure to Abbott's stategies.
Unfortunately, the established products division could not cope with the NHS cuts & a further restructure was made in Jan 13, cutting the salesforce from 71 to 26
Pros
management trust to plan each day
Cons
unrealistic sales targets & therefore bonuses
productive fun workplac
technician (Former Employee) –  dartford25 September 2013
Very good place to work, great benefits friendly relaxed. job securty is the only downfall
Pros
Learning
Cons
job security
Kind, fun staff. Not a Life Career.
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Sittingbourne, ENG2 October 2013
Work at Abbott can be fun if the right Staff are around.
The job it's self in my opinion is not fulfilling, the Managment are friendly and helpful and the working days/hours are brilliant and they have good benefits which can include free breakfast, christmas dinner, end of financial year party.
Abbott take care of you but if your an outgoing keep busy person than a job like this isnt for you..
Pros
Good working hours. Weekends off. Occasional free Breakfast
Cons
Low salary.
Flexible, interesting and challenging.
Protein Purification Technician (Current Employee) –  Dartford21 October 2015
With a vast array of reagents to manufacture, a day is hardly the same. Management are approachable and understanding. The bureaucracy is frustrating but to be expected, this pales in the face of the environment which is friendly free and inclusive. The flexibility allows for a perfect home work balance.
Pros
Flexibile hours
Cons
Red tape
a multinational national company who offered great care for its employees .
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sindh pakistan28 July 2017
a fresh graduate of pharmacy was sent as an internee and later was offered a job as a quality analyst ...had great support from fellow colleague. The company took care of its employees in a very standard way following all of the standard operation procedures to fill the requirements of working in a sophisticated department of a pharmaceutical company.
Professional but friendly supportive environment
Senior Credit Controller (Former Employee) –  Sittingourne19 January 2017
Extremely good management in a friendly professional office, very secure and clean environment, highly recommend Abbotts who constantly support and encourage the workforce.
Great company to work for
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead23 September 2016
I have enjoyed my time at Abbott, I joined as a contractor and am lucky enough to be permanent now. There is a good work life balance, and great team atmosphere
Pros
Restaurant and Gym
relaxed environment
FREELANCE MECH. DESIGNER (Current Employee) –  Witney10 October 2016
No stressful situation, a lot of things to learn.
Helpful and professional people (multi-disciplinary team) and interesting projects to carry on.
Great work culture.
Pros
No stress
Cons
disorganized between depatments
Productive and good workplace
Production Assistant (Current Employee) –  Witney, ENG27 August 2014
I work with different people all the time which is very good because is nice to have a chance to co-operate with everybody. I run the batches and inspecting the product as well.I have learned how to operate different type of machinery and inspecting the product.
All people at Abbott are nice and friendly, so every day there is a good day.The hardest for me is not a job itself, is the fact that I work as an agency worker and I do not know if my future there will be secure or not.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that I'm doing something good and important for the others, because is a changing life product.
Multiple Roles
Technologist (Former Employee) –  Witney28 April 2016
Good people but let down by management. Staff are committed to doing their best and this is not always noticed.

Manufacturing skills
Introduction to Quality
Lean Six Sigma
varied
Laboratory Analyst (Current Employee) –  Witney, ENG2 January 2016
very engaging co-workers
varied job which requires a variety of skills.
very good hours 7- 3.
job security is high.
interesting job where you get to learn lots of new skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K