Abbott Laboratories
Coronavirus update
Information from Abbott Laboratories:

Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

United Kingdom57 reviews
Great place to work unless you're a specialist
If you're a generalist, or have skills that can be widely applied through multiple departments, it is perfectly possible to advance and have a great and long career at Abbott. If you're a specialist, chances are you'll get pigeon-holed, passed over for promotions, and denied opportunities to work elsewhere in the business if you're too integral to your current department. Can't fault the general day-to-day culture, as while things are generally pretty busy, most people will be happy to support each other.
Difficult environment
I worked at Alere during the acquisition by Abbott. It was not a nice place to work at the time. I do not know how things have changed since I left, so any further comments are pointless.
Fun
It was a fun working place. There was plenty of opportunity to learn new skills. The Project Team was up and running. The Project lasted for 11 months.
N/a
Diverse workload great opportunity to learn and develop product knowledge and cross functional team experience. Great sense of pride working with such innovative and life changing technologies and product interfaces
Good
All good, I was generally happy to work there, good place, good environment. Money for Agency paid incorrectly however everything else was all right. s
Nice place to work
Sadly underpaid due to night shift having no difference from days, so no compensation for unsociable hours is available. Nice team, just need to get a little more support going and will be fantastic.

Will be really cool once fully grown.
Great atmosphere and great culture
The work ethic in this place is just amazing. I only had a temp role but if I had the chance to work full time in some of the departments I would take the opportunity straight away. Lovely people, great atmosphere, I learned quite a lot in this job it was extremely busy and challenging at times at the reception as some phone calls were very random, but always wanted to help the people.
Good
Abbott is a fave paced competence company to work for.
The main skills a gathered from my role at Abbott would be quality management, along with a variety of other skills including good manufacturing practice, being proactive, trouble shooting an many more.

The
wonderful company to work for
the company is a great company and i would recommend anyone to work there. every day is different and i have learned a lot about how to use various scientific instruments
Boring and menial work
The jobs themselves at abbott are dull and tedious. The management are always on your back about figures which you can barely control. There is a gulfing divide between the office staff and thefactory workers...
bullied
I worked for this company for 10 years built up good working relationships and learnt alot of good skills .When I became I'll with depression I was bullied by senior management IW and team managers JG and LH who made my job awkward for me I was then sacked for making a few mistakes This is a trend of Abbots and many people have had the same treatment which is also supported by a poor hr department people are afraid of speaking out in fear of losing there job
Pros
good share scheeme
Cons
bad management
Productive and fun workplace
Worked with a variety of different stakeholders.
Was able to take the lead on many projects.

Was able to develop my knowledge within marketing.

Great job straight out of University.
Unorganised due to constant changes and redundancies
Management was very sympathetic, but because of mergers there were lots of redundancies, hence a lot of instability. Workplace culture was very good. Hardest part of the job was taking over responsibilities from departments made redundant
Pros
Free fruit, birthdays days off, one early finish/month
Cons
new management knew nothing about the company, hence a lot of re-inventing of the wheel
a company that develops talent
Fast paced work environment with exceptional product portfolio . You really feel that you are improving peoples lives
Learned real customer interaction and communication
Clinical nurse adviser, north
Worked with this company for 5 years now. Thought I’d found my forever job until a while ago when I witnessed management turn on a nurse who handed their notice in. Fine up until then as the nurse had worked for competitors and was seen to be highly skilled and ‘useful.’ Bad behaviour from senior and associate managers, who totally blanked the nurse and made their notice period unbearable. Totally unprofessional and childish if I’m honest. If I had to give an analogy, I’d compare it to pack mentality. All followed suit. Disgusting to watch, but impossible to do anything about. Couldn’t really report my own bosses for fear of them turning on me too. I’m not in a financial position to lose my job or be driven out. Really not sure how that nurse ever coped, but have heard on the grapevine that she’s doing really well now. Lucky escape for her. Hopefully I’m next to leave. I have a few new jobs in mind. Not sure I’ll be able to handle such pressures if they treat me the same. It’s a worry. What I witnessed has scarred me mentally. I just can’t continue to work for a company who treat their staff so poorly and treat you just as a number. None of the personal touch that they say they pride themselves on. Shame on those managers.
Pros
No weekend work, ideal for a parent with small children
Cons
Unprofessional management, see my review
If your face doesn't fit!
This is a brutal company to work for, If your face doesn't fit they will release you.

They do not seem to value their staff, in the period I worked for this company I saw 2 Head of Operations come in to work in the morning and were "let go" with no notification.

they are currently streamlining the company and making redundancies. Whilst still advertising for staff.

This is not a secure company to work for.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
do not value staff
Business
I learned that multinational business are built on people. Some divisions are managed and run well, some are work in progress. If you have good guidance and leadership, good things happen. if you have incompetent any people leading you then make a choice and move on
Pros
on site cafe
Cons
irational management style
Laid off with no notice
Production slowed and seven employees were laid off with no notice.

Good hourly rate, great on site facilities.

Good training given.

Poor management
Pros
Subsidized canteen
Cons
No notice given
Identifying Business potential and making the decisions according to the company procedure in order to bring up the sale.
• Developing the right relationship with both the chemists and pharmacists with the purpose of getting the right market information’s and competitor activities.

• Building up a sound business relationship with the distributor in order to be having a good distribution to the chemists

• Building the ultimate relationship with the doctors aimed to the targeted products to be generating the prescriptions.
A great organisation offering ample opportunity and fantastic products
I had an amazing career working at Abbott, the training and opportunities are second to none. It is a great organisation to work for, the products are excellent.
Pros
Established reputable organisation with great heritage
Cons
None I can think of
abbott hospital2hospital
really good place to work
good benefits

good potential for promotions

good overtime pay

have to work Saturdays

have to some times work shifts and long hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.
2K