Abbeyfield

Abbeyfield Employee Reviews

United Kingdom29 reviews
Bad management
I worked in the kitchen in Kettering the company is ok but not the Manager she has no idea how to handle the covid 19 she lies big time on more then to occasion she send me to buy milk and bread as we ran out then she denied sending me shopping warning me that I have to go to work and strait home was not allowed to go nowhere really boris is not saying that watch here big time.!
Care
my Day starts at 8am which includes a welfare check of the service users, doing laundry getting lunch and tea ready serving lunch, always learning about different dietary requirements the most enjoyable part of my job is interacting with the service users
I would like to work st a place where opinions or room for discussion has no place for management in the running of the Service. Staff are undermined and not appreciated.
Demise of a Care home
After working there for many years. I’m saddened to see the demise of a care home.
Poor management has led to a high staff turnover. In what is a very small care home. There’s an over reliance on agency staff.

I think even the Duke of Edinburgh would be ashamed.
Care worker
After working for abbey field for some years and have never done care before, I don’t wish to do care ever again. The company only looks out for its self, management is very poor, things don’t get done when promised. Staff there that shouldn’t be. Get promised nvq training but doesn’t happen. The staff are always rushing around as never enough staff and the residents are missing out on the once a week baths due to lack off staff . The residents don’t get the quality service they are paying for due to always short staffing.
I could go on but would be here all day.
Pros
Pension
Cons
All off it
Lovely place to work
I've spent the past 3 years working for the company and its lovely. Every year we are getting small pay rises- though the workload is piling up. I work as a general assistant which comprises of serving food, cleaning the dishes, taking out the bins and cleaning parts of the house.
Well run company
My time working at abbeyfield has been enjoyable. Friendly staff and management. Support offered by management and senior staff as and when required. Overall a good place to work.
Pros
Supportive
Average
Loved the people I worked with here, always had help with any questions or queries. Good team ethic. Unfortunately no progression or development for me. No real structure for growth.
Pros
In house training
Cons
Lack of development
lovely residential home
the staff are friendly and managers help when needed
working days are to get service users ready for school and prepare their tea and day to day activities for then return home
Carer
Worked for Abbeyfield for several years. Business manager very unsupportive and too faced., DONT TRUST THEM . All Abbeyfield imterested in is money, targets and if the bosses are going to get their bonus. No concerns for the residents. Awful firm to work for
Pros
When I left
Cons
Long hours. Bosses don’t care about the staff
Residents are wonderful.
I have enjoyed my time at Abbeyfield. The training has been fantastic and I have learned a lot.

There is no typical day at Abbeyfield as anything could happen.
Pros
holiday
Cons
hours
A care home that has many different people with many different needs
A very good team to work with. Training provided. Management is very good at the Dynes. Every day is different. Such a shame That we are closing down.
Pros
good team to work with
Cons
having to work weekends and bankhoilday
Fun
My time at Abbeyfields was extremelly pleasant and i always looked forward to helping out every week.
Most of the time i didnt see it as a job because you are basically just keeping the elderly company and you have quite a laugh with the residents.
Great team
My first job in a care setting and it set the foundation for me. I learnt a lot and had a great team that helped me along the way. The shift always ran smoothly and everyone knew what they had to do. The hardest part of this job was trying to work whilst understaffed but even then somehow we managed. the most enjoyable part being getting to know all the residents on a personal basis and being able to provide them with the care and support that was right for them on an individual scale.
Pros
The team i had worked great together
A very enjoyable place to work,
I really enjoyed working for abbeyfield,
My employees were always very easy to approach and the residents in which I spoke to on a daily basis were lovely,
Pros
Never felt like my work was a chore
Cons
Un sociable hours
Very good place to work
Only problem was location was difficult to get to without a car. Staff are very good and professional and residents care is at the core. Set in a beautiful area.
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
Hard to get to without a car
Yes very fun
Yes it was very good fun and really enjoyed it but I feel like I need a change in a new work environment and to meet new colleagues.looking to have a laugh and a joke but get on with your work at the same time as joking around.
Pros
We had to bring are own.
Cons
Sometimes
Good rates of pay
Assisting clients in getting up/going to bed showering and getting dressed , preparing breakfast, administering medication, light housework duties, assisting clients to hospital visits when needed.The hardest part would be the travelling and possibly being late for a client, most enjoyable part of the job having chats with my clients and just helping them out knowing i have done my best for then.
Cons
Management never interactive with residents
No training no laundry assistant have to fit it in with your job not allowed to interact with residents as theres to much work to do.my time at abbey saw residents sitting in wet pads all day seniors bulling new staff no hoist training or manual handling and management to busy to even say hello to staff or residents the place is very clicky if you fit in good luck
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not very nice people to work for
Rewarding to work with the elderly residents. Good standards.
I enjoy my work very much and have made a few friends. I work on a part time basis on a rota. This suits me well. The pay is above average. The home itself offers o home to up to 25 residents. The residents are extremely well cared for with excellent home cooked food and comfortable surroundings. In the summer there is a lovely garden for the residents to enjoy also. Standards are kept high with good, friendly staffing and management and continuing training.
Pros
Subsidised lunches. Good pay. Not too far to travel.
Cons
Too many weekend shifts
Very good place of work lots of courses to go on
Very nice people and friendly team and good working relationship with all staff there are senior house managers if you become stuck on a problem. There are team pages to help with things also .
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
They help with child care vouchers and school runs