Abbeyfield Employee Reviews

Carer
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Merseyside26 September 2018
Worked for Abbeyfield for several years. Business manager very unsupportive and too faced., DONT TRUST THEM . All Abbeyfield imterested in is money, targets and if the bosses are going to get their bonus. No concerns for the residents. Awful firm to work for
Pros
When I left
Cons
Long hours. Bosses don’t care about the staff
Residents are wonderful.
General Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London9 September 2018
I have enjoyed my time at Abbeyfield. The training has been fantastic and I have learned a lot.

There is no typical day at Abbeyfield as anything could happen.
Pros
holiday
Cons
hours
Fun
Volunteer care worker (Former Employee) –  Ivybridge, Devon29 September 2017
My time at Abbeyfields was extremelly pleasant and i always looked forward to helping out every week.
Most of the time i didnt see it as a job because you are basically just keeping the elderly company and you have quite a laugh with the residents.
Great team
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham19 September 2017
My first job in a care setting and it set the foundation for me. I learnt a lot and had a great team that helped me along the way. The shift always ran smoothly and everyone knew what they had to do. The hardest part of this job was trying to work whilst understaffed but even then somehow we managed. the most enjoyable part being getting to know all the residents on a personal basis and being able to provide them with the care and support that was right for them on an individual scale.
Pros
The team i had worked great together
A very enjoyable place to work,
Domestic Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Weald, Essex17 September 2017
I really enjoyed working for abbeyfield,
My employees were always very easy to approach and the residents in which I spoke to on a daily basis were lovely,
Pros
Never felt like my work was a chore
Cons
Un sociable hours
Very good place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridge of Weir13 August 2017
Only problem was location was difficult to get to without a car. Staff are very good and professional and residents care is at the core. Set in a beautiful area.
Pros
Lunch provided
Cons
Hard to get to without a car
Yes very fun
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Taunton, Somerset12 June 2017
Yes it was very good fun and really enjoyed it but I feel like I need a change in a new work environment and to meet new colleagues.looking to have a laugh and a joke but get on with your work at the same time as joking around.
Pros
We had to bring are own.
Cons
Sometimes
Good rates of pay
Lone Care worker (Current Employee) –  Buckinghamshire28 May 2017
Assisting clients in getting up/going to bed showering and getting dressed , preparing breakfast, administering medication, light housework duties, assisting clients to hospital visits when needed.The hardest part would be the travelling and possibly being late for a client, most enjoyable part of the job having chats with my clients and just helping them out knowing i have done my best for then.
Cons
Management never interactive with residents
Carer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands16 May 2017
No training no laundry assistant have to fit it in with your job not allowed to interact with residents as theres to much work to do.my time at abbey saw residents sitting in wet pads all day seniors bulling new staff no hoist training or manual handling and management to busy to even say hello to staff or residents the place is very clicky if you fit in good luck
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Not very nice people to work for
Rewarding to work with the elderly residents. Good standards.
Cook/Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Budleigh Salterton, Devon3 April 2017
I enjoy my work very much and have made a few friends. I work on a part time basis on a rota. This suits me well. The pay is above average. The home itself offers o home to up to 25 residents. The residents are extremely well cared for with excellent home cooked food and comfortable surroundings. In the summer there is a lovely garden for the residents to enjoy also. Standards are kept high with good, friendly staffing and management and continuing training.
Pros
Subsidised lunches. Good pay. Not too far to travel.
Cons
Too many weekend shifts
Very good place of work lots of courses to go on
House Manager for the elderly (Current Employee) –  Radlett24 January 2017
Very nice people and friendly team and good working relationship with all staff there are senior house managers if you become stuck on a problem. There are team pages to help with things also .
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
They help with child care vouchers and school runs
Amazing place to work
Senior Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Weald Bassett8 December 2016
Residents are always put first in any situation . The home it well run and the staff are an amazing bunch to be with and they all work well as part of a team
Very productive and great experience.
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  London13 May 2016
I visit the elderly home at least once every week. I find it quite enjoyable because I am constantly meeting new people and always learning. I have to be thinking outside the box always, which I find quite exhilarating because it is challenging at times to be making quick decisions but enjoy knowing that I was able to achieve a task under pressure.
Cons
short hours
Health Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG12 August 2015
Management support their staff and co working with colleague is consistent a day never the same can be enjoyable working with the elderly.
Pros
Good managements and staff team
Cons
No concerns
Worked as carer enjoy this work assisting others
Carer (Current Employee) –  Stangrove Lodge, Edenbridge14 July 2015
Assisted resident with personal care when needed and allowing to make own choices providing choice of meals and fluids and assisted when needed .
How to give assistance and provide good care in a safe environment under code of practice and duty of care guide lines. management needs to follow code of conduct providing good and safe environment for all.
it was a really nice and fun workplace to work in
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, ENG12 November 2013
I really got on with the other emplyers and i really enjoyed my time here. I gained some helpful experience here for care work and the most enjoyable par of the job was seeing the residents to a day to day basics. The mose haredest part of the job was seeing 1 off the residents took into hosptail.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
lovely enviroment to work in
cleaner (Former Employee) –  stevenage31 January 2013
staff and residents were really helpful and kind when i was working the had it been permenant i would of loved to stay there.
Pros
friendly enviroment to work in.
Cons
it was only temporary.
enjoyable
senior care assistant (Former Employee) –  silverdale lancashire14 January 2013
Started work at 7am finished at 9pm . Hand over 7-7.15 . Assisted residents in washing and dressing . I did their medications at 8.15 We then cleaned breakfast - room ready for dinners , got tables ready for dinner ,then the laundry , cleaning toilets and sinks were next . Tuesdays and Fridays I assisted with District Nurses and Drs if they were called . I wrote in care-plans and Drs notes .In the afternoon we used to do activities, games, playing cards , jigsaws , dominoes etc. Even sing songs. Afternoon tea was at 3pm.After evening meal we used to do the baths , start to get residents ready for bed . Supper was at 7pm when i would give out evening meds .
Carers worked as a team , we would help each other out as much as possible . Hardest part of the job was getting up at 5.30 in a morning . The caring was the most enjoyable . I learnt a lot even from the residents . I loved my job .
Pros
was the learning . i learnt a lot
Cons
not being left alone, being called in, sickness
training
general assistant (Current Employee) –  Barrow-in-Furness29 September 2012
As a student at Abbeyfield i have been training to gain my level 2 diploma in health and social care, which I have almost acheived. I'm just waiting for my coursework to be i.ved and get my certificates for it. At Abbeyfield I clean help residents clean their room, do their laundry, help serve their meals and do activities with them.

I have learnt a lot about communication, how to get on with my co-workers, about health and safety, person centred approaches, following policies and procedures, and much more.

The management at Abbeyfield is good and I get on well with my co-workers

The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the residents well and happy.
Pros
free lunches, i get on well with everybody
Cons
not enough hours as i only did part time