Here to help
Coronavirus update

ABB Employee Reviews

United Kingdom94 reviews
Happy place to work
ABB is a happy place to work, its clean, warm and tidy. The staff are friendly and helpful. Typical days involve team work with a team based ethics of getting the job done.
Pros
Good Hours
Good company; no rush
As compared to some of the other EPC companies, ABB has a very relaxed work environment and there is no rush for anything. It doesn't pay very high but then it also doesn't demand high achievers.
Good place to work with friendly people
Good place to work with friendly people, can be slow paced at times. Good apprenticeship program with opportunity to progress further. ABB will fund an HND as part of this.
InIteresting top technology projects to work with in a controlled environmentt
Closed knitted staff member difficult to penetrate. Kind of negative competition between different departments. Not enough flexibility within
the operation. Petty ness on some safety instruction applications.

To many individual groups save guarding their positions.
Bad atmosphere
Bullying and backstabbing culture. Put everything in writing & trust nobody. I did not enjoy working there at all.
Have spoken to a lot of ex employees who have the same opinion of the management
Pros
Pay is good
Cons
Productive and good work culture
ABB is for me an institution where I have learnt many skills and was able to develop myself everyday. I was fortunate to work with different ERP system like SCALA, SAP 4.6 and ECC 6. The Management is always supportive and encouraging to pursue new roles and responsibilities in the organization. ABB's work place is at global standards and has zero tolerance for non compliance. Being a Multinational company - the workplace and culture is very diverse. I had to meet tight deadlines to meet month end closing activities which also includes reporting of all KPI's viz Orders, Revenue, Gross Margins, Operation EBITA, Operating Cash flow, NWC, Employees. Also there was deadline for submitting Rolling Forecast of the above KPI's every month and providing commentary on the achieved figures on a monthly and quarterly basis. Due to the flexibility culture in ABB, I used to work from home and enjoy with my family whenever possible.
rilassato e cooperativo
la vita in ufficio e' rilassata e i colleghi cooperano amichevolmente.
la sede di Coventry mi ha regalato delle ottime conoscenze a livello personale, ed un interessante esperienza
training excellent
trained to do job promised pay rise never happened , management do not promise what they tell you, been employed there 5 yrs just tell what they want you to know...……..
Pros
hours of work
Cons
mangerment
Bad management
Worked in credit control with new “management” however the place has gone downhill and run by Temps. New finance management were awful and rude and constantly picking on people whose face clearly didn’t fit . High turnover of staff in last several months and a couple of agencies have reported the same names so we can’t all be wrong
No respect for human values and family.
Avoid interview with sales managers. They only tell what you want to hear, but they don't hear what you say.
The company has a good reputation, they pay you well, but you need to compromise on your values if you want to stay.
The contract was a challenging one but I enjoyed getting over problems and getting the works completed.
Early start at 06:45 , morning meeting with subcontractors , looking after any health and safety issues , inductions , permits needed etc and then chasing contractors / materials / plant needed for the forthcoming days , daily management meetings etc. , finishing at about 6pm. I learned a lot over the last eight years in the HV substation business - the Health and Safety is paramount especially when energised and the whole job is much different to that of say the house building I had been involved in prior to this ( every day was a school day ! ). On this contract we had a large turnover of senior management which pushed a lot more of the pressure down the line to us on a site level. The site was very focused on work and everyone knew what was to be done and got on with their work. I always enjoy seeing a job progressing and especially when it is complete - seeing what has been the result of everyone's efforts.
Good company
Very good to work honest company and supportive throughout the time I worked there
Very busy as the job was high profile,lots of support from senior managers workplace very good everybody enjoyed working on the project

Hard part of the job was the lateness of some of the design on a tight programme
Overall not a good company to work for, misleading job roles.
No morale, atmosphere is dull and not friendly. Managment are bad.
Make you do more than you are supposed to.

Pay is not good for the job you have to do.
Buena empresa con muchas opciones de crecimiento
Buena empresa con muchas opciones de crecimiento. Muy vertical en algunos aspectos.
staff friendly and supportive, good location for me
It is a commercial , professional environment with a large number of employees , of many and varied languages, cultures, ethnicity etc; I have enjoyed learning about these differences. I have enjoyed the challenge from the start to aid the company to restructure and revamp what was an outdated and tired cleaning /housekeeping regime . I took on this task with relish and made visible improvements throughout the site within my first month and continued to strive for further improvement . After their first general monthly meeting, CEO told me he had received excellent feedback from staff , who expressed gratitude for a lift to morale due to improvements seen.
Pros
extremely pleasant environment and people
Cons
split shifts to provide supervision early on in the role
Busy but enjoyable work environment
A very enjoyable place to work with an excellent country finance environment and support at all levels. Good opportunities for exposure to very senior levels of Global Business Unit Management even when working within one of the smaller entities.
Good nightlife
I enjoyed working with the other employers and the regular customers were great! There is a balance between home and work life as the employer is very flexible with giving you time off if needed
A good steady company to work for
ABB in Daresbury is a lovely friendly workplace with great people to work with.
As with most jobs, most days are the same but if you are looking for a steady job then this could be just the place for you.

The company is very flexible when needed and offer several perks through staff schemes.
Good place to work-very competitive
Good place to work but no flexible hours. Friendly environment but very competitive. If you've started at the bottom it can be difficult to be seen under a different light so your career can continue progressing.
Pros
holidays- you can buy up to 3 days.
Cons
no flexible hours
Temps don’t count
I used to love working at this place to begin with, as a temp, it was well paid, but, I ended up doing more than permanent staff yet was on less money and in four years not 1 pay rise.
Worked with a very unpleasant lady who they always sided with.

Temps definitely get treated differently and ABB change rules as they go along.
Pros
Fruit, tea, coffee snacks
Cons
No security
Good company
Good company, long hours and structure of businesses unique as all like to do their own thing rather than follow corporate guidelines and resistant to changes
Pros
Decent company cars