AB Agri Employee Reviews

Good Job, Bad Clique Of Drivers
Senior Driver (Former Employee) –  Enstone, Oxfordshire22 January 2019
I worked at Enstone for a few years. I loved the job! I miss it even now! But Enstone is infested with a little group of drivers who are petty back stabbers and will even vandalise your lorry! Just because you love working there and don't slag off the office you become a target.
The work isn't for everyone but If you like that industry it is a great career. Maybe go to another depot other than Enstone? Or wait for them to clear out the dead wood and it will be a great place to work.
Pros
Good Wage, Varied Work, Never a dull moment
Cons
Other Drivers
was a good place to work
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Little Walsingham26 August 2018
I worked at ab agri for over 27 year
bagging animal feed and shrink wrapping
adding the drugs and other ingredients to the food mixer and generally running the mill

r
Pros
30 min lunch
Cons
12 hr shift day and night
Don't bother
HGV Class 1 Driver (Former Employee) –  Enstone, Oxfordshire7 July 2018
Place is a dive, complete waste of time. I left after many years of service due to incompetant management and their attirude towards us drivers.
Used to be a good place to work, but not any more.
Shift is good working 4 days a week, however you're going to get a 15hr on your last day before every day with certainty.
4 on 5 off
4 on 1 off
2 on 2 off
And repeat.
Pros
Pay is ok and 4 days a week
Cons
Transport is a joke. Management treat you like dirt.
Good company overall.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Thorney, Nottinghamshire26 February 2018
The work mostly involves moving liquid animal feed between factories, from factories to a blending plant and then onwards to farms and other business such as feed mills and also biogas plants.
All the units are 500hp+ and are new or a couple of years old, many of the tanks are very old but are well maintained and are being updated in the near future. You will be trained to load and unload yourself and there is rarely any waiting at loading and tipping points so you can just crack on.
The downsides are that delivering to the farms is very dirty work you are often ankle deep in mud and cattle/pig slurry and access to the farms and in their yards is challenging and tight for an artic. Expect to need a tow occasionally but the customers are always happy to help. Not for everybody but you will become a good driver!
Upside is that the work-life balance is excellent.
Pros
Work-life balance.
Cons
Dirty work
lot of blame culture and bullying
Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk23 March 2017
while I worked there i found there was a lot of bullying and blame culture 2 people left through bullying and nothing was done by the management in fact I think they were being bullied by the shift leaders money is good morale is low
Pros
money
Cons
no time off 2 weeks either side of Christmas
Excellent
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire22 January 2017
Excellent company. Great team of people. Supportive and thorough training, with good career prospects. Can highly recommend for anyone wanting to combine telesales with customer service and account management.
Just a number
Mill Operative (Former Employee) –  Enstone1 August 2016
Training can be extremely hit and miss. Hours are very unsociable, contracted to work over bank holidays on 12 hr nights and days. Not allowed to take leave over xmas and expected to work night shift on Boxing Day night.
Serious lack of opportunities to progress and in my experience very little team morale, shift teams working to help one another and a massive blame culture. 12 hour shifts with a 45 min break that you are off the record expected to work through and eat on the job. The salary is the only positive thing I could find on reflection of my time with Abn and when you actually break that down given the working conditions and hours I found myself asking if it's really worth it? If you want just a job it may well suffice, if your looking for a career I'd give it a wide berth. Also as word of warning be very careful on any salary offered. In my time with the company I have known of 3 new starters in 2 years that were told they were starting on a set figure only for the goal posts to change and once with the company started on less.
Pros
Pension
Cons
Long hours, poor training, blame culture, dishonest management at times, working conditions.
good company
hgv driver class 1 (Current Employee) –  culompton25 July 2016
overall not a bad company to work for,till management get involved they now work to the word of your contract its thier way or no way at all you do not have a choice, the transport is run from a central office and work from a computer system that isnt suitable for this type of work, your expected to do vehicle checks and deliver feed to farms not overly hard at weekend there is no back up from the office,the lorrys are in good condition and they work very hard to keep you legal most enjoyable part of the job is the ammount of time off you get
Pros
Cons
dust, animal waste, driving down narrow county lanes
Good experience
TRANSPORT PLANNER & LOGISTICS CO-ORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ENG20 March 2014
Very limited opportunities for progression but comfortable environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AB Agri. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8