AXA Employee Reviews

Found 138 reviews matching the search See all 1,667 reviews
Extremely unprofessional
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Redhill West11 May 2019
Axa in Redhill is a lovely office space however that’s where the niceness ends.... there is very much a bullying and clique place to work where there are a lot of personal relationships amongst staff, this is not a problem in most places however when you have trainers openly skyping their boyfriend on the next floor who are supposed to be mentoring new employees and openly making fun of them and generally being derogative then it becomes unacceptable - this happens on a daily basis and at lunch the little groups become even more apparent - not a nice place to work.....
Pros
Office environment is nice and free drinks
Cons
unprofessionalism in most departments.
Best option for a call centre job
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Derry, County Londonderry26 March 2019
The job itself isn't great, it is repetitive, taking call after call but that is in the job itself and not much can be done about that. The company try's to make the job as bearable as can be by providing competitions and food regularly to try and keep morale high.
Pros
free food, competitions, good hours
Cons
the job itself
Pass the Buck Culture
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Cobham, Surrey7 March 2019
Temp'ed there for month or so, couldn't take it anymore, the dept I worked in at Cobham has members of staff constantly blaming each other for there mistakes, insulting humour and when stated its not appreciated the whole group starts doing it more and the manager encourages this behaviour, if you don't join in with there two faced approach to the group they intentionally target you and make you do unreasonable work loads to be done within unreasonable time frames, example: had 2hours worth of work dumped on me 30mins before the deadline, then manager and most of the others go home, if not for one person that helped me it wouldn't of got done.
Good Place to Work
Social Media Assistant (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire5 March 2019
I have worked at AXA over 7 years now and it is a great place to work if you have the desire to push yourself.

You get a lot of benefits, including a yearly bonus based on performance and some great external discounts.
productive
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire13 February 2019
axa is a great conpany to work for, it is always a productive day on a day to day basis. its a different day every day and you do not know what to expect
Good place to work for but not my career choice.
Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 February 2019
I would thank Axa insurance for teaching me a vast knowledge on car insurance and how insurance as a whole deal with situations from both perspective as a driver and a claims handler.
Review
Workplace IT Manager (Former Employee) –  London30 January 2019
I am still employed by them. Once my employment has finished I
may choose to update my responses. I am due to finish working for AXA in Q2 2019. Thanks.
Pros
Some very talented and nice people work for AXA
Cons
I heard reports of bullying.
Good work environment
Programme Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol6 January 2019
I worked at AXA as a contractor working on several IT contracts over a period of 8 years.
I always enjoyed the roles, the processes are very clear, the management approachable and encourage discussion and new ideas.
Flexible working is encouraged.
The systems and equipment are kept up-to-date, and the IT team /helpdesk are very helpful (something that isn't the case in all organisations!)
I would recommend working here.
Pros
Flexibility, inclusiveness
Busy Office
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK7 December 2018
I havnt worked here for over 10 years so it is difficult to leave a review. So much has changed including the office location. Generally a good place, fun and happy people.
Pros
unsure
Cons
unsure
Fantastic opportunities very supportive company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk13 November 2018
Axa is the best company I have worked for and I have worked for a fair few. You get out what you put in. If you work hard and have a good attitude to learn and develop you will be given every opportunity . Lots of tools for self development and online learning to do whenever it suits. Lots of job vacancies as staff often transferring to different roles within the company. Very supportive management who encourage good work life balance. When it’s super busy very stressful and can get a bit overwhelming but often have quieter periods where staff can relax more and get to know each other. Relaxed atmosphere. Team leaders acknowledge hard work and make staff feel appreciated. Very encouraging. Good to build self astern and feel valued. I love working here and love the people I work with. Don’t work here if you are lazy , critical of others or want an easy job. Need to be a team player positive and accepting of others differences. Work here if you are a friendly person who wants to work hard, have fun, learn new skills , develop your career and be the best version of you.
Pros
learn, develop, be encouraged, have fun, supportive management
Cons
Can be back to back calls in peak periods. Repetitive.
sales
insurance sales (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk16 October 2018
i didnt work there long but i felt welcome and it was a very great company to work for, with many benefits like company car and many other things to help with everyday life.
2 months axa
insurance sales (Former Employee) –  Suffolk15 October 2018
AXA is a great company and i knew this before i worked there because my two brother already had a job there, i was unsure i would like it on the phones and i didn't, therefore i handed in my notice early.
Lack of Training and blame culture
Motor Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 October 2018
I worked in the Birmingham branch for a year and hated every minute of it. Until I worked here I had never known what stress was. I had previously had a working career of over 20 years. The work load here was impossible to complete. Very little help from seniors who were supposed to train us. One senior in particular was absolutely vile towards me for no reason what so ever. Since leaving this company I have been unable to work since. This company broke me.
They also have a very high turnover of staff.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Axa Im review
Fund Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 October 2018
There is no chance to progress in the company, they have taken a very negative view on Brexit and as a result have significantly reduced the workforce. I would avoid this company at all costs.
Alright if you're mates with the boss!
Duty Manager, Lloyds Teleclaims (FNOL) (Former Employee) –  Redhill27 September 2018
If your face fits you're fine; if you want to be bold and make positive change, forget it. Senior Management have no desire to change their prehistoric strategies.
Pros
Lovely people on the 'shop floor'
Cons
Impossible management
fun and lots of room for progression
Claim Handler (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk23 August 2018
AXA is a lovely place to work. Procedure is always followed, management are helpful. there is always things going on and things to get involved with. AXA treats employees very well.
muy bien
Credit Hire Claims Negotiator (Former Employee) –  UK22 August 2018
The working environment was very good. Focused on targets and structured.
Pros
life insurance
Cons
lots of break in the break room.
Best company I've worked for
Insurance Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Ipswich7 August 2018
You get a very thorough training, team leaders and coaches are always there to help you if you have any questions or problems.
The benefits are excellent: bonuses and discounts.
I felt very well looked after here, and the work ethics are impeccable; colleagues, supervisors and managers were very friendly, easy-going, helpful.
Pros
Benefits, prospects, working environment.
Cons
Can get monotonous
Good graduate opportunity
Senior Litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Gloucester1 August 2018
Fantastic first role for undergraduate in law or alternatively for an experienced claims handler looking to branch into litigation/law. Brilliant opportunity for the 12-18 months of litigation experience
horrible place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk2 July 2018
worst place I have worked, never been so conscious of work, they are stupidly strict, no tal,kikng allowed, don't allow for nervousnss and are very based on looks and social popularity.
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
worst work ethic, no help, no kindness

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA. Our community is ready to answer.