AXA Employee Reviews

Found 126 reviews matching the search See all 1,367 reviews
Fantastic opportunities very supportive company
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk13 November 2018
Axa is the best company I have worked for and I have worked for a fair few. You get out what you put in. If you work hard and have a good attitude to learn and develop you will be given every opportunity . Lots of tools for self development and online learning to do whenever it suits. Lots of job vacancies as staff often transferring to different roles within the company. Very supportive management who encourage good work life balance. When it’s super busy very stressful and can get a bit overwhelming but often have quieter periods where staff can relax more and get to know each other. Relaxed atmosphere. Team leaders acknowledge hard work and make staff feel appreciated. Very encouraging. Good to build self astern and feel valued. I love working here and love the people I work with. Don’t work here if you are lazy , critical of others or want an easy job. Need to be a team player positive and accepting of others differences. Work here if you are a friendly person who wants to work hard, have fun, learn new skills , develop your career and be the best version of you.
Pros
learn, develop, be encouraged, have fun, supportive management
Cons
Can be back to back calls in peak periods. Repetitive.
sales
insurance sales (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk16 October 2018
i didnt work there long but i felt welcome and it was a very great company to work for, with many benefits like company car and many other things to help with everyday life.
2 months axa
insurance sales (Former Employee) –  Suffolk15 October 2018
AXA is a great company and i knew this before i worked there because my two brother already had a job there, i was unsure i would like it on the phones and i didn't, therefore i handed in my notice early.
Lack of Training and blame culture
Motor Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 October 2018
I worked in the Birmingham branch for a year and hated every minute of it. Until I worked here I had never known what stress was. I had previously had a working career of over 20 years. The work load here was impossible to complete. Very little help from seniors who were supposed to train us. One senior in particular was absolutely vile towards me for no reason what so ever. Since leaving this company I have been unable to work since. This company broke me.
They also have a very high turnover of staff.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Axa Im review
Fund Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 October 2018
There is no chance to progress in the company, they have taken a very negative view on Brexit and as a result have significantly reduced the workforce. I would avoid this company at all costs.
Alright if you're mates with the boss!
Duty Manager, Lloyds Teleclaims (FNOL) (Former Employee) –  Redhill27 September 2018
If your face fits you're fine; if you want to be bold and make positive change, forget it. Senior Management have no desire to change their prehistoric strategies.
Pros
Lovely people on the 'shop floor'
Cons
Impossible management
fun and lots of room for progression
Claim Handler (Current Employee) –  Haverhill, Suffolk23 August 2018
AXA is a lovely place to work. Procedure is always followed, management are helpful. there is always things going on and things to get involved with. AXA treats employees very well.
muy bien
Credit Hire Claims Negotiator (Former Employee) –  UK22 August 2018
The working environment was very good. Focused on targets and structured.
Pros
life insurance
Cons
lots of break in the break room.
Best company I've worked for
Insurance Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Ipswich7 August 2018
You get a very thorough training, team leaders and coaches are always there to help you if you have any questions or problems.
The benefits are excellent: bonuses and discounts.
I felt very well looked after here, and the work ethics are impeccable; colleagues, supervisors and managers were very friendly, easy-going, helpful.
Pros
Benefits, prospects, working environment.
Cons
Can get monotonous
Good graduate opportunity
Senior Litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Gloucester1 August 2018
Fantastic first role for undergraduate in law or alternatively for an experienced claims handler looking to branch into litigation/law. Brilliant opportunity for the 12-18 months of litigation experience
horrible place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk2 July 2018
worst place I have worked, never been so conscious of work, they are stupidly strict, no tal,kikng allowed, don't allow for nervousnss and are very based on looks and social popularity.
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
worst work ethic, no help, no kindness
Good advancement but a lot of work is required
Claims Manager in Commercial Agricultural Claims (Former Employee) –  Horwich25 June 2018
Training was too long and touched on things that proved to be unnecessary when you actually started your role. Little training provided on your actual role and more about the business. Good hours, good overtime and flex benefits.
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
training
Good Starter Job
Lifestyle Manager/Concierge Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redhill, Surrey19 June 2018
Good place to get your foot into the world of business. The shift pattern is not for everyone and the pay is minimum. The job trains you to work under high pressure and to deliver first class service in a fast pace environment.
Difficult place: very 'prejudiced' enviornement
Marketing (Former Employee) –  London4 June 2018
Driven by personal agenda vs. performance. Huge changes in management depending on who likes whom... Not pleasant. Additionally, obvious decisions made based on personal favours higher up - but no one speaks up.
Decent pay. Work life balance great though if you are not worries about advancing to senior levels and happy to chug along- then absolutely great life.
fun
Team Manager, promotion & Sales (Former Employee) –  London22 May 2018
my work was under comission however i really enjoyed as the company offer great opportunities and basic pay. Axa knows how to deal with its employees.
Good place to work for
Regional Survey Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich18 May 2018
I would highly recommend working for this company. I have worked there for many years and would still be there is I wasn't being made redundant. Even though the company is large I always felt valued.
Pros
Free Car Park/Bonus Scheme/Sharesave/Discounts Externally/Great people
Same thing different day
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 May 2018
Working in customer service every day is exactly the same. You work off a strict call script so you pretty much repeat yourself all day when talking to customers - there’s little room to move off the script. Every second of your day is monitored using stats, which are published weekly. You will very quickly be pulled up for something if they don’t like it, and they have very high expectations. Most of the management aren’t interested in helping and developing you but there are a few decent ones. High staff turnover.

However they do provide free hot drinks, a relatively cheap restaurant and free parking. You do also get an annual bonus if you perform well - which is needed as the salary is fairly poor.
Pros
Free car park, free hot drinks, restaurant
Cons
Shift working, boring, little development, low salary
Great work life balance
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ipswich27 April 2018
AXA are best company I have worked for, if you work hard and stay loyal it’s very easy to progress and gain valuable qualifications. They offer flexi time and various other options, to offer a better work life balance. AXA’s salaries generally do not compete, however they offer good job security and a friendly culture.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Salary
Fun working environment but still very serious in all date protection acts
Post Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester27 April 2018
- supervising post room
- making sure all post/claims received go to the relevant department
- creating spread sheets to keep track of all outgoing and incoming post
- covering reception when needed, providing company passes to all visitors
- everyday use of diary management, booking meeting rooms and organising events/meetings
Productive and friendly work place
Internship (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire17 April 2018
All ways plenty to do.
People always supporting each other.
People from all backgrounds.
Staying on task and performing above expectation.
Working part of close family like team.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA. Our community is ready to answer.