Here to help
Coronavirus update

AXA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom300 reviews
Featured review
AXA selected this as a representative review
Good company to work for
Loved everything about AXA work life balance and always opportunities for promotion and scope they look after their people who in turn look after their business.
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a nice review. Its great to hear you enjoyed your time with us - thanks for sharing with others!
A wonderful place to work
A relaxed culture that respects absolutely everyone. Managers that understand the process of training new recruits, know to ensure you are fully credited for the work you have done, and pleasant out-of-office events occasionally. A wonderful place to work.
phenomenal place to work
absolutely loved my short contract at AXA Insurance.

Such a team feeling and support and throughout the CV19 crisis they were hugely supportive.

I couldn't recommend AXA as an employer highly enough!
Busy and boring
No rest between calls. It's call after call from the moment you log in, until the moment you leave.
Every call is exactly the same. It's mind numbing saying the same thing and reading the same scripts over and over, day after day. Ultimately, people just want to cancel their insurance, so they're not even interested in talking to you.

On the plus side, colleagues are friendly (if you get to speak to them because everyone's always on a call). They offer good employee benefits and management are supportive but it doesn't cancel out the sheer monotony of the job.
Excellent Company invest in your personal development
Excellent Company to work for, friendly staff and management who support your personal development and provide a good induction and continuous training. Salaries paid are very competitive to.
Pros
Personal Development, friendly managers and staff, good salaries.
Cons
Fast paced with little progression
Pros-The people are great. Fast paced environment. Very much part of a team.
Cons-Due to staff shortages which was always a major problem, increasingly so of recent years it was difficult for anyone and particularly newbies to get the training they required. Wages were poor and limited opportunity to progress.
Fast paced ever changing
There is always plenty of support and help when required and they have an excellent training team.
The work is fast paced and ever changing and the standards they expect are high with the emphasis on customer focus and the prompt and efficient handling of complaints.

The dress code is smart casual and they do offer some goods rewards such as free life insurance and the option to buy more holidays.
Great company to work for
I was covering / short term Contract basis. Loved my time there. Very informal but hardworking colleagues. All equipment and training given to do the job with ease.
Productive and young environement
There was a lot of opportunity to move around the company, young managers who were doing a great job. My typical day would be to stay on the phone to answer customers questions, While evaluating customers claims they have submitted online, decided whether it meets AXA's criteria to pay out.
Great employer
Best company I have worked for - Impressive / innovative / great leadership particularly globally. Huge resources, v exciting projects to be involved in
Good entry level job for people wanting to have a taste of the insurance sector
People are nice and managers/supervisors are quite friendly and always ready to help. The role can be overwhelming at times, especially during winter. You could get 40-50 calls a day during the busiest days.
Axa was a good place to work
It is one of the best places to work. The organisation is very friendly and professional. Except for very few of the employees not many stress you.

But the work is challenging. The technology teams are global. You can move across countries if you have the right skills. I would recommend AXA to my friends.

I would always recollect my days in AXA UK as the best days of my life.

It was my best times of my career.
People made it a nice place to work
Poor management: lack of communication and support - not very employee focused at times ,crazy shift work, work/life balance was poor, plus side was the people you worked with.
23 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. All reviews are important to us - whether they are fantastic or show where we could be doing better. Your comments have been read and will be fed back.
At first the work environment was positive but by year three this had become a negative work environment with colleagues who had work related stress.
AXA employ trained counsellors to offer telephone counselling. Counsellors are pressured to take calls from anxious callers, which is very stressful.
23 March 2020
Thank you for your review and comments. I will make sure your comments are fed back so improvements can be made where they need to be.
Progression
It is a good company to work for if you want to progress. It also pays well and there are really good benefits.
It is a very full on job so you are constantly taking calls.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Full on
10 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. It really helps people who are thinking about working with us know what its really like to work there.
Thank you for the work you do in Customer Service. It is full on and you all do a great job!
Avoid
Poor company to work for, worst ever for me. Half of the people I started with including myself left within a month. Staff turnover is high. For a big company they have no customer service. Customers would be left with no heating and hot water and lied to with regards to why engineers had not attended. All they wanted was the phones to be answered. You expect that kind of service from a small company not AXA
9 March 2020
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a great experience with us. We pride ourselves on our employees experience and do all we can to ensure our employees have a fulfilling and happy time with us whilst ensuring we are giving our customers a great experience. Your comments have been noted and will be fed back to the appropriate team.
Nice place to work
Good culture very supportive. Flexible and friendly environment. Good location and plenty of work available for all project managers. Structure is loose so if you like structure this would not be for you.
Axa Assistance
I worked for Axa assistance for 2 And a half years And I loved every second of working there. It was a very fast paced office environment with very supportive management and colleagues around you to push you to constantly strive to be better.
9 March 2020
Thank you for leaving such a lovely review. Its great to hear you had a good experience whilst you were employed with us.
Stressful and understaffed
A good company to work for due to the number of opportunities within the company but the claims handler role is very stressful and they do not have the correct number of staff
9 March 2020
Thank you for your review. All comments are read and fed back so we can get better where we might fall short. Remember to sign up for alerts on the internal job board to hear about all opportunities.
Like being at a youth club.
Only chance of progression is by kissing up to management - and if your face fits. Doesn't matter if you put the work in, those who don't do much will always get ahead. Incredibly disorganized.
Pros
Cons
Pressurised, cliquey, poor salary
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to read that you did not have a good experience whilst you were employed with us. Our employee experience is so important to us and we endeavor to do all we can to get this right - including listening to our employees - this review will be fed back to see where we can do better.
Fun, fact paced - No loyalty
Good place to work, great progression opportunities. Terrible communication between management and willingness to help support staff. Not great return to work or support for staff coming back from Mat Leave.
9 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Its great to see what we do well but also very useful to read where we can do better. All reviews are read and fed-back to the relevant people and your points are noted and will be fed through to the relevant areas.