AXA UK Employee Reviews

Lack of Training and blame culture
Motor Claims Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands14 October 2018
I worked in the Birmingham branch for a year and hated every minute of it. Until I worked here I had never known what stress was. I had previously had a working career of over 20 years. The work load here was impossible to complete. Very little help from seniors who were supposed to train us. One senior in particular was absolutely vile towards me for no reason what so ever. Since leaving this company I have been unable to work since. This company broke me.
They also have a very high turnover of staff.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
Best company I've worked for
Insurance Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Ipswich7 August 2018
You get a very thorough training, team leaders and coaches are always there to help you if you have any questions or problems.
The benefits are excellent: bonuses and discounts.
I felt very well looked after here, and the work ethics are impeccable; colleagues, supervisors and managers were very friendly, easy-going, helpful.
Pros
Benefits, prospects, working environment.
Cons
Can get monotonous
Good graduate opportunity
Senior Litigation Executive (Current Employee) –  Gloucester1 August 2018
Fantastic first role for undergraduate in law or alternatively for an experienced claims handler looking to branch into litigation/law. Brilliant opportunity for the 12-18 months of litigation experience
horrible place
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk2 July 2018
worst place I have worked, never been so conscious of work, they are stupidly strict, no tal,kikng allowed, don't allow for nervousnss and are very based on looks and social popularity.
Pros
free hot drinks
Cons
worst work ethic, no help, no kindness
Difficult place: very 'prejudiced' enviornement
Marketing (Former Employee) –  London4 June 2018
Driven by personal agenda vs. performance. Huge changes in management depending on who likes whom... Not pleasant. Additionally, obvious decisions made based on personal favours higher up - but no one speaks up.
Decent pay. Work life balance great though if you are not worries about advancing to senior levels and happy to chug along- then absolutely great life.
Same thing different day
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 May 2018
Working in customer service every day is exactly the same. You work off a strict call script so you pretty much repeat yourself all day when talking to customers - there’s little room to move off the script. Every second of your day is monitored using stats, which are published weekly. You will very quickly be pulled up for something if they don’t like it, and they have very high expectations. Most of the management aren’t interested in helping and developing you but there are a few decent ones. High staff turnover.

However they do provide free hot drinks, a relatively cheap restaurant and free parking. You do also get an annual bonus if you perform well - which is needed as the salary is fairly poor.
Pros
Free car park, free hot drinks, restaurant
Cons
Shift working, boring, little development, low salary
Great work life balance
Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Ipswich27 April 2018
AXA are best company I have worked for, if you work hard and stay loyal it’s very easy to progress and gain valuable qualifications. They offer flexi time and various other options, to offer a better work life balance. AXA’s salaries generally do not compete, however they offer good job security and a friendly culture.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Salary
Fun working environment but still very serious in all date protection acts
Post Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Horwich, Greater Manchester27 April 2018
- supervising post room
- making sure all post/claims received go to the relevant department
- creating spread sheets to keep track of all outgoing and incoming post
- covering reception when needed, providing company passes to all visitors
- everyday use of diary management, booking meeting rooms and organising events/meetings
Development and structure
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Middlesbrough12 March 2018
A well developed company. Offering great salary for the role that you do. If you are willing to put work in there are plenty of development opportunities and additional responsibility. Short full time hours (35 p/w) and no later than a 9pm finish. Friendly people, professional yet approachable management and additional benefits such as discounts in well know stores.
Pros
Benefits, salary, working hours
Awful not great lack of training
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham22 January 2018
I have worked in axa birmingham for 2 months training does not match the job .
Put on a team that is really clicky
They dont want to help you.
Seniors are suppose to train you they dont
Make a mistake they jump on you
Only good thing is a 1 hour break a day and going home at 5pm
Customers are awful
Seniors favour some and not others
Pros
Bad training poor managenent
Cons
Going home at 5pm
Busy yet social enviroment
Fraud Investigator (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 November 2017
Holds many opportunities for progression in various fields of insurance. AXA will invest time in you if you show the want to progress in your career and will support you in as many ways as possible.
Pros
Yearly bonus, external discounts and benefits
Ablility to self develop
Offshore Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bolton21 April 2017
Able to commence work when fits with self, due to flexible working. Systems usually up and fit for purpose generally.
No micro management, encouraged to self develop and free speaking encouraged also.
Various means of communication throughout the day, Management sit in meetings usually most of the day leaving workers to get on with it.
No pressure to stay until 5, Management usually supports home life balance.
Pros
Flexi-time, working from home.
Cons
Unskilled workforce expected to deliver. Too much pressure.
People are great!
Personal Injury Negotiator (Current Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent6 April 2017
The people at Axa are brilliant to work with, everyone is really friendly and approachable and happy to help each other. The salary however does not reflect the work you are expected to complete and is not competitive with the market. The benefits are great, you receive discounts for plenty of high street stores, supermarkets, holidays and many more
Pros
People
Cons
Salary is not competitive with the market
Very friendly, social place.
Complaints Handler (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk19 February 2017
Very friendly place to work with a lot of nice people. There are a number of opportunities to build on your own personal development and the average is about 35 hours a week which works well.
Pros
A discount website for axa staff
Navegation team
Assist customer (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells19 October 2016
 Delivering outstanding customer services and complying with policy
 Maintaining desktop application, following the data protection rolls.
 Assist customer, cooperative, brokers, individuals all in accordance to the nature of the query.
 Quick design making and IT literate with ability to use CIMA- MCA- outlook.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Ipswich1 October 2016
Great people, company does look after its employees and always making sure the facility is provided for pretty much everything. Best company i've worked for so far.
Pros
Free coffee/tea
Cons
Salary is not the best
Depressing and unprofessional
Cost Accountant (Former Employee) –  Eastbourne27 September 2016
During my time working for AXA PPP I was treated like a child, they watch your every move and demoralise your work effort.

I would also like to clarify that their management team are rude and unprofessional, making you feel invaluable.

I would never work for this company again period.
great managment team
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough5 September 2016
A typical day at work would be routine and very organised. I learned a lot about different customer needs and specifications. The management were extremely helpful and friendly and my co-workers were lovely as well. I got along with all of the members on my team and also people from other departments as well. The hardest part of the job was not having face to face customer interaction and the best part of the job was being able to help customers as much as I could within a short period of time.
Excellent place to work
Motor claims Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  Cardiff26 August 2016
I worked within motor claims department and thoroughly enjoyed helping customers through a difficult situation. My co-workers were very helpful and helped me through the initial stages of it. The most enjoyable part for me was helping customers throughout their claims which can be a difficult time.
Good Place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Royal Tunbridge Wells1 August 2016
AXA is a good place to work and the benefits you receive are very good. The management is very good and know where they want to get to, easily the best insurance company in the UK.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AXA UK. Our community is ready to answer.