AIG Employee Reviews

Easy work and relaxed atmosphere, little progression
The role is easy to understand not especially challenging, there is little room to move up though. There is very little engagement with management or any sense of office community.
Innovative financial services
At the time I was there it was a great place to work but staffing very much on the young side, so very young culture. Could benefit from more age diversity. Was an extremely dynamic, fast moving, creative, innovative and refreshingly exciting place to work when Sales & Marketing were aligned. As a results products launched and results achieved very quickly.
Productive and fun workplace
Is a comfortable work place.

We all work in a busy environment, however we have learned how to prioritize steps to keep offering an high class of customer service to our customers.

We do manage new claim's cases which are based on medical loss mainly, however we provide assistance to our customers for every other enquirers for example: personal belonging loss, travel delay, flight cancellation and everything it may happen while the client is traveling.

I have learned the insurance's industry policies, how to deal with customer by phone when assisting in a claim, the formal communication by email, how to recognize suspicious emails or requests and much more.

The workplace culture runs around accuracy, attention to details, avoiding leakages, and most important providing an excellent customer service.

The hardest part of the job is the time schedule which is 4 nights per week for 12 hours at night: 8pm to 8am.

The best part of the job and the most enjoyable, is to keep good relation with customers and building trust with them so that we can deliver an excellent impression about the company.
Culture issues
Vast differences in flexible working and treatment of employees across the organisation. Managers focus on own career ambitions/goals and people are routinely employed due to who they know rather than experience. It really depends on what part of the organisation you work for.
Pros
Growing business, good experience
Cons
HR practices differ in departments/sections of the company
Very stressful place to work
AIG Life in Reigate used to be a great place to work, but changes in structure and management this year have turned it into a very bad place to work. Staff moral is low, there are not enough staff (they keep leaving) and long hours are expected. They have removed some good people, more are working notice periods and everyone you talk to is looking to leave.
Not a good company to work for
No progression no money no support, very stressful and very poor management. Nobody is happy. People are leaving one after another. Micro management in some teams.
Enjoyable three years
Good people and enjoyable company to work for.
Enjoyed the AIG culture

Happy with management and support

Opportunities for advancement

Salary/benefits were adequate - bonus was competitive
Avoid
Hated the place. They had these random stand up things whereby you had to say what you were aiming to do that day, then again another before you left, on what was achieved. You had to rate your mood too - happy, sad etc & say why you felt that way! Such a strange place.
No home/work balance! I felt like I was at school!
Fun place to work and good training provided
AIG take real care when it comes to making it a fun environment to work with constant events like a summer social, halloween games and a Christmas party.

The salary is good for someone starting out and in this kind of call centre role.

Being in the customer service role you are provided very good training to help you with your daily work.
Dull and did not provide career progression
Dull and did not provide career progression. The company was not forward thinking. During my time there was no allowance for career development or any other avenues of interest not directly related to the role. No real sense of community or job satisfaction.
Fast paced work place
Scrum meetings, Analysing user stories/testing and participated in Sprint planning, demos and retrospective
learnt agile delivery methodology

interacting with stakeholders, software developers

Team work
A challenging but rewarding workplace
Can be a challenging place to work - but that should be seen as a positive - its overall a great company and there is a lot of opportunity if you're willing to put your heart and soul into it.
Professional
It is almost impossible to give a fair and objective review when one has worked for the same company for twenty years. There is simply nothing to compare to !
Pros
Excellent redundancy package
Cons
They are making people redundant by the dozen !
Great Experience
I loved my experience at AIG as a contractor and had a wonderful time there. The hardest part of the job was getting used to the very American centric style of working
Pros
Brand Name
Cons
Productive, fun work place.
I enjoyed working with this company although it was only a 2year work placement. They didn't have the funds to keep me on. I would have loved to stay on in this office and the staff thought the same about me, only I was a y.t.s which meant I was only paid 29.50 per week, I done the job to the best of my knowledge and ability, I got on well with others and I learned a lot.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours for less money
Great Company
AIG is a great and dynamic company with excellent work ethics. There are a lot of opportunities for all employees if they are hungry enough to seek it.
Perfectly fine workplace
Perfectly fine workplace. Internship was not very engaging. Programme may have changed or improved since. Pleasant colleagues and office environment.hfgdbx
work environment.
good
excellent working environment.

American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement products, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security. AIG common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
AIG Experience
Global Insurance giant who has experienced a lot of problems and strategic challenges in recent years. Despite this the company is staffed by a brilliant workforce. Job progression is good and the client perception also positive
Pros
Global company lots of opportunity
Cons
Continual restructuring
Never consider
long hours ; even asked to comein at 8 and leave after 6. no work life balance or flexibility; no progression map or appraisals. people paid different salaries varied from 35k to 110k doing literally the same job.
Fun workplace!
Lovely people

Lots of incentives

I was only an intern there for two weeks however i was treated with upmost respect and comfort.

Free lunches, free trips

Lots of information and guides into the company etc