AECOM Employee Reviews

Awful
CAD Technician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands28 December 2017
I wouldn’t recommend working here. I am a CAD technician and have been with the company for a year I felt being pushed out by people in the office a number of times and no one is friendly there is no atmosphere in the office. If you enjoy banter don’t apply here
Pros
N/a
Cons
If you aren’t from the area you’re looked down on
Productive workplace
Senior Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  London19 December 2017
Clear processes and procedures.
Clear management style and structure.
Working culture that promotes teamwork, information sharing.
Experienced and skilled co-workers. Good learning environment.
For a big consultancy there is not a lot of work
Graduate Engineer (Current Employee) –  London10 November 2017
Most enjoyable part of the job is my team.

My department management is not great. Not very approachable or personable. They always focus on utilisation and you are always under pressure to ensure you are keeping busy on a project or else they will lose money on overheads. Rather than focusing on utilisation management should focus on getting a work winning team that keeps us busy.

Periods of ups and downs in terms of work loads. Always fluctuates so when we do have work we don't have enough resources and when we don't have work everyone is left with nothing to do for a long period so they ship people off to different companies for a period of time and forget about them.
Pros
Nice office, teams social
Cons
Projects are very dull and boring
Productive Workplace
Software Asset Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire30 August 2017
AECOM was a great place to work. They promoted a flexible work/life balance. I gained a vast amount of experience, learning all about the bespoke software used in the Construction industry and built some amazing work relationships with different parts of the business.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Redundancy
Good Global Employer
Project Planner (Current Employee) –  London24 August 2017
Very good company to work for. I worked on a variety of projects with wonderful people. And also had experiences of travel to work on a number of projects within the UK.
Good security
Project biller (Current Employee) –  st albans3 July 2017
good routine of day to day work.

portfolio based work.

management is minimal but always good at point of contact.

very good benefits and working environment.

good for networking with other employees.
Excellent work ethic
Ecologist / Ecology Placement Student (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke23 June 2017
Excellent work ethic, great people to work with, all who are there for the right reason and have a passion for the work they do.

- ecological surveys
- BREEAM assessments and more
Enjoyable work environment and friendly supportive work colleagues
Print/Post Room Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Holborn22 June 2017
Overall its was an enjoyable experience, co-workers were a pleasure to work with.
It would have a been great place to work at, however, it was let down by the following:

* Large company so you can feel like a number on a spreadsheet!

* Your hard work went unappreciated by the management!

* Often has director/ management and departmental changes, which had a negative impact on the work!

The hardest part of the job were the deadlines, which could be very tight, but I felt a sense of accomplishment in completing my work in time.
Pros
Offices in good locations, very flexible agile working, professional, helpful and friendly colleagues.
Cons
High level of micromanagement, departments seem to work independently and don't communicate very well.
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne18 June 2017
Risk assesment, design calcs, wraaps, learned about bridge engineering, excellent work environment, very friendly management leading by example, always seemed to be free buscuits and cake
A monster company. Good salary, bad quality.
Senior Designer (Former Employee) –  London13 June 2017
Like a huge fast-food restaurant. Lots of people involved to serve huge projects in time. Very bad quality regarding design product. Impressive quality regarding marketing.

A typical day was a meeting with line-manager, followed by 8 hours working in cad, revit, illustrator or any other design software and report daily events to the project director.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad quality
Please note
Energy and Sustainability Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, UK19 May 2017
Good workplace, good work environment. Competent colleagues. Strong ethic around safety. Strictly hierarchical. Like any other organization of that size pros and cons.
Work Experience in school
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  London12 May 2017
Really enjoyed work experience. Was only for two weeks.

Made office work seem very attractive.

Workers were great. Reception was amazing.

Would recommend!
Better than other companies of it's size
Senior GIS Analyst / South West UK Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Bristol8 May 2017
Better than other companies of it's size
It is still an engineering firm with limited room for advancement. Saying that if you have a good manager you can make the most of the position.
aecom ltd
site technician (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire5 May 2017
work on railway sites for the client network rail.
works on the railway is drilling, trial pitting and drainage surveys.
aecom provide there employees a company phone, food allowance, travel pay and a van with a fuel card.
Pros
food allowance and company phone
Cons
unsociable hours
Generally positive
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 April 2017
Good team culture and exposure to interesting, high value and innovative projects.
Reasonable work/life balance.
Senior management can appear disorganized.
Good Work Experience
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon4 April 2017
It gave me a good insight into what happens on a day to day basis as a civil engineer, the types of work they do, the kind of hours they work, the office atmosphere etc.
Pros
Friendly People
Focused & Fun place to work
Graduate Environmental Consultant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, United Kingdom14 March 2017
I had a great time working for AECOM. Even though it was only for 4 months, it was an amazing experience. I got to work on a crucial project known as the "Leeds City Region Strategic Economic Plan" with some very intelligent colleagues, who helped me learn the inner workings of writing reports (Environmental Impact Assessment Reports, site selection report, etc.), conducting interviews, presenting to clients and bidding tender documents.
Pros
Helpful Colleagues, Amazing Office and Plenty of resources to conduct desk research
Cons
Unusual working hours with no set time
A good place to work.
Senior Technical Illustrator (Current Employee) –  Manchester, UK28 February 2017
Manchester office has approximately 200 staff members. A good diversity of staff. Good professional office to work in. A friendly office and management with lots of social events. Hardest part of job schedule and complete multiple jobs on time.
Pros
Good staff, Social events, Multi disciplinary working. Variety of work.
Cons
Slow pay increases
A good place to work
Consultant (Former Employee) –  UK27 February 2017
I enjoyed working here, the work was varied and interesting. The working environment was great and my colleagues were helpful and friendly. There was plenty of training provided and many opportunities to develop.
Innotive
Senior CAD Technician (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London8 February 2017
Produce 2d/3d AutoCAD drawings for the highways Lighting Team.
using software such as AutoCad, Civil 3d, Projectwise, Lighting Reality and Microsoft Office.
I am also a line manger for 1-2 Cad technicians, providing work and training them.
We are a multi cultural team who all get on well and work well together.
I am able to manage work loads to deliver on time for my team.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
no reconnition of a job well done

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.