ABC Teachers

ABC Teachers Employee Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews
Supply teacher
It was good to get a relevant post in a school that was friendly and well managed. The company who provided the post was well managed and decent when discussing possible supply posts before I agreed to working at the position found.
A good agency to work for i had an excellent job with them.
ABC Teachers are an excellent agency to work for, the pay is great, I enjoyed working for them and they found me a long term job in a school within days from when I applied. And the lady who found me the job was always there for me when I had a problem.
Useless
Stated that I wanted something closer to home as I’ve recently just moved to the area and was not familiar. Gave me a position 50 miles away! They don’t care about your needs. An hour there and back for a 4 hour shift was a joke.
Also, mentioned the fact I fell pregnant so it was hard for me to travel that far, after telling them I was ignored!! No response, no phone calls, nothing!!! Absolutely disgusting. You would have thoug they had a bit more compassion. AVOID ht
Awful Workplace
Really shocking place to work, mess you around with pay, interview system is a joke they make it insanely difficult to even get employed and then give you hardly any work. The promise you the world and then you start and it is just abysmal wouldn't recommend to anyone.

I think there is a reason they are always across indeed with jobs everywhere because people done want to work for them, please just stay away they are truly abysmal.
Useless
Took me on then had no work. In the space of 3 months I dealt with 3 different people as they kept leaving. First 2 promised me work, I wanted anything they had got. It was only after 2.5 months of no work the 3rd new person finally owned up and said sorry we dont have any work. I was fuming as I could have signed up with someone else. Ironically I got a full time job else where then they wouldn't stop calling saying they had loads of work!!
Excellent
Always received work from the guys in the office.

Each school was supportive and asked me back

Got to know the teachers and staff and build a good working relationship
Plenty of work
I have been kept very busy with work from this supply agency. Where possible they let me know the day or week before and I have also had long term contracts.
ABC Teachers are excellent.
I have found ABC Teachers a pleasure to work for. The staff are friendly and professional and you can trust them. The consultants listen to you and ensure that you are well suited to the school placements. I have always been offered lots of work through ABC Teachers and I have always been paid promptly.
They are an outstanding Teacher Agency who are committed to doing their best for you, the school environment and ultimately the children.
Pros
Lots of work and you can talk to your consultant at any time.
Cons
Don't get paid during school holidays.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABC Teachers?
friendly and helpful team who always phone back if they are busy or out of the office.plenty of work offered in my first year.Above all the team list
I am currently employed by this company and I would highly recommend them.My consultant has and continues to be extremely helpful and supportive in ensuring I'm ok and always answers any of my questions as soon as possible.I have regular updates to discuss any concerns I may have and if not just to touch base.ABC are the most proffesional agency I have worked for and also the most genuine too.They really listen to your requirements and do their very best to deliver.I rate my consultant as outstanding,he is a credit to the company.
Pros
Salary and flexibility
Cons
no pay during school holidays, bank holidays too.
excellent
They are excellent to there employees, great customer care. Willing to listen and sort out situations quickly. They are very caring, they always got me work.
Pros
Usually get continuous work
Cons
Sometimes the jobs aren't available after a team holiday
flexibility
Flexibility you can work when you want to so say you only can work 2 days one week then the next week you can work the 5 days then you can do that. You also teach different subjects ranging from science to performing arts
Pros
good pay
Cons
don`t get paid if there isn't any cover available
Dont pay promised amount
Abc teachers seem to pay whatever they feel like regardless of what was agreed. Cowboys don't use.
when questions are asked regarding pay you will.be passed from one person to the next. The recruitment consultants here don't seem to be answerable.
Pros
Cons
dishonest
great
enjoyed working with ABC. They are very accommodating and hard working. Working with them as a supply teacher, looking forward to doing more work with them.
Placements in good schools.
Accepting work in schools of my choice. Enjoying team work with the regular staff. Having a repeat booking in the same school for a term. Getting to know how the individual school operates.
Pros
The same privileges as permanent staff.
Cons
All marking must be done after each lesson before you go home.
Great experience
Working for ABC was one of my most enjoyable times as a teacher. Got to experience a range of different schools in a short period of time which really allowed me to develop my teaching must faster.
Needs of employees met
Having worked with ABC teachers for over 3 years I have become accustomed to short notice assignments - being ready for work before any work is assigned. During the day, it was essential to be flexible according to the schools needs concerning tasks. I have had the opportunity to work with all ages in the primary school. I had to liaise with other teachers and teaching asistants during the course of the day. The hardest part of the job was that you had to adapt to each schools work ethics within a short space of time.
The most rewarding part of the job is that you develop good teaching skills working in different settings and my confidence has improved greatly.
Pros
Flexibility in terms of amount of work and place of work.
Cons
Sometimes long commuting distances
A very happy 12 months on supply
I worked for ABC Teachers last year before getting a full time role this term.
What a great team they have. From the minute I registered I was made to feel welcome. Pay was always prompt and on time. I worked in schools locally and there was plenty of work available. A wonderful experience.
great company to work for
really happy working for ABC teachers agency, found me work on a regular basis and always in contact with me to keep me up to date with the goings on of my placements etc.
Pros
daily pay rates, fuel allowances
Cons
a large area of the area is covered so can travel long distances
great way of getting into schools
phone call on the morning to say where you shall be working, turn up to the school and find out which subject and class you shall be covering, working in a classroom of 25-30 students,

the hardest part of the job was waiting in the morning for a phone call and getting to the school in the given time frame.

the most enjoyable part was working within the schools and gaining experience within a classroom