5ab Care

5ab Care Employee Reviews

Featured review
5ab Care selected this as a representative review
I enjoy coming to work for a change, working at this company has really inspired me to excel through the ranks. This is a company i can see progressing in. I have been given ample opportunities to attend training and have a great training package. The work life balance is ideal and the good thing about care is every day is a new day, different challenges and different behaviours. I would recommend applying for this job the management team are always on hand to help and i'm not just a number in the company i feel valued as an employee. I found it difficult to adapt to the online platform but now that i have taken the training and been allowed time to learn the programme by which everything is logged, i have found it saves us time and saves on duplication, errors and paper. This company has a great ethos and provides very good end to end care for children. My colleagues are a bundle of joy to work with.
I have moved from a much larger company and in comparison 5ab Care is small. This creates a much more personal work place. The directors are approachable with any needs you may have and by having a small team, it creates a close knit community. The longer shifts allow for more days off a week which is nice but long days can be tiring. Overall 5ab is a wonderful company to work for and are always keen to grow and develop.
I enjoy working at 5ab care, all the staff are friendly and helpful. The job fits in well with my family life and enables me to have a good work life balance. There are opportunities to progress within the company and the training is really good.
Pros
Good training
Cons
I started my role as a casual residential support worker in November 2019. All of the staff are fun and easy to work with. They supported me as I transitioned into my role and it is so clear how much they care about the young people. The home manager is also very supportive and approachable. I've learnt a lot in such a short time in regards to the job role. I can't comment on a typical day at work, as no two days are the same. Though, I can say that each day brings its own challenges and there is always something new to learn. As it is to be expected, behaviours of the young people can sometimes be challenging, though this is helped by such a supportive staff team. The rewarding feeling of seeing the young people achieve positive outcomes and steps towards a bright and healthy future is also very rewarding making those challenging days all the easier to deal with.
I started working for 5abcare 5 months ago and have been supported throughout, not just through the induction period. I was made to feel welcome and part of the team straight away. I feel my views and opinions are valued and that I am listened to. I feel the management are very focused on the needs of the young people we care for and are actively involved. The support for the staff and training provided is excellent
  1. Employee reviews