3M Employee Reviews

Great staff on shop floor
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire12 April 2018
150 characters required to say something nice . Well the people on the shop floor are friendly, enthusiastic , flexible, resilient, and very friendly.
Pros
Car parking
Cons
Us & them
production operator
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  3m newton aycliffe13 February 2018
3m is a very good company to work for if you can get a contract that lasts, you are finished and started again as they see fit, i was there for 6 months the working conditions are very good ..
Pros
working conditions
Cons
temp contracts
Productive but sometimes stressfull
Planning Group Leader (Current Employee) –  Northallerton12 February 2018
Planning day to day production, procurement of raw materials and communicating with customers and business leads on a daily basis.

I learned communication skills along with training in a ERP system SAP.Excellent training programs were offered to myself throughout my career.

The hardest part of the job were managing customer expectation and delivery lead times as we are a make to order facility.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customer satisfaction and hearing positive feedback.
Pros
Excellent pension, good salary, annual leave.
Cons
Not so personnal as is usually the case with a large corporation.
Again good place to work
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire2 February 2018
Good group of people to work with, i did enjoyed working there too, management was good, people was helpful to each others, it was good place to work, i had good experience.
Its ok.
TPM Engineer (Current Employee) –  Loughborough10 January 2018
The job is secure and the people are nice. You are made to feel welcome. Currently going through some positive transitions in regards to engineering. Money is poor for the shifts required. As an engineer its restrictive due to pharma rules.
Pros
Its clean
Cons
Shifts, poor pay
Great work ethics
Clitheroe Capital Projects Contractor (Former Employee) –  Clitheroe2 January 2018
As a contractor I was given free reign to do my work within the standards and procedures adopted by 3M globally, I worked unsupervised and performed above their expectations.
The work was enjoyable, the work environment was professional, and I had full cooperation from 3M employees and management, who respected my expertise and experience and trusted me to complete the assignm,ent to their satisfaction.
Pros
Unsupervised
Cons
Sometimes a lack of clear direction
Great people
Internal Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester Central & Loughborough4 October 2017
a typical day consist of corresponding with clients via email and phone in regards to contracts / standing order & quotations.

I often have to provide technical advice on bespoke items to both stakeholders and clients, this allows me to be the first port of call with most product queries.

the work place culture within this global company is drastically different between the permanent members of staff and contractors

I mostly enjoy interacting with customer and finding solutions to problems such as tight shipment deadlines, re costing of materials and pricing on annual tenders.
Pros
great team environment
Cons
A lot of responsibilities with little progression for contractors
creatively and fun work place
Project Researcher (Former Employee) –  Taiwan19 September 2017
*good environment to work
*professional development is well
*training programs is good
*workplace culture is creative, fun ,friendly
*you can learn skills include analysis , presentation.
Friendly place to work
Receiving Admin (Current Employee) –  Bedford, Bedfordshire18 August 2017
Safe and friendly environment. Taught me flexibility and gave me more self confidence. Loved that everyday is different so you never bored. People seems to be a community not just individuals.
Awful
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Bedford14 August 2017
Wasnt the job for me so i didnt end ip staying here very long, boaring noone talks and very long hour too early on starting or too late finishing for my lofe style
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  West Midlands6 August 2017
Enjoyable place to work, great people. Busy day to day out serving accounts for all their relevant needs. Good car/phone/ipad, great management always there to support.
Productive place to work
Contact validation engineer (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire17 July 2017
Contract validation
Authorship and execution of IQOQ on cold filling line at Loughborough.
Tight time scales met.
Project delivered on time.
Contract ended moved to another company.
Pros
Location, work
Cons
Tight time scales
good strong company
Chemical worker (Former Employee) –  Northallerton9 July 2017
was responsible for decanting liquids and compound chemicles ready to be shipped off to the supplier health and safety was adheered at all times on and off site
Pros
mon to fri
Cons
travel
Productive workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend7 June 2017
While during my time as a machine operator I was trained in how to operate large assembly machines in order to achieve hourly targets. I gained a considerable amount of experience to take into future job opportunities which may arise.
I was also trained in how to keep track of orders and materials via batch numbers to be processed for dispatch.

Friendly work colleagues and working environment.
Not what it was
Technical sales and support (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 June 2017
3M have changed considerably since 2005. They no longer focus on long term relationships, concentrating more on immediate sales, and no longer investing in providing added value to the offerings, but retaining a premium price point. A dramatic reduction in investment of its staff has seen team building fall to a point where the organisation is focusing more on the stick than carrot to get the best from its employees.
Pros
Still offer a competitive salary
Cons
No longer a "Fun" company to work for
Great Company
Strategic Buyer (Former Employee) –  Turkey23 May 2017
Great company to work in all aspects, work life flexibility, salary, benefits, kind and friendly environment. Everyone within 3M were great to work alongside
Pros
Good packages
Cons
So many meetings
Challenging and rewarding
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, Leicestershire31 March 2017
Communication handover with outgoing Technicians, daily operation planning meeting with supervisors and operation personnel, carry out planned and reactive maintenance tasks, carry out production line changeovers, (for various products/sizes).
Managing and overseeing production line operatives.
No 2 days were ever the same so learning was a constant.
Due to the nature of the manufacturing company Working safely was one of the biggest workplace cultures.
Most challenging part of the job in my opinion was maintaining targets whilst attending a multitude of meetings.
Most enjoyable part of my job was achieving targets, solving problems and a sense of achievement when I leave each day.
Pros
Excellent training opertunities
Cons
Poor rewards for fantastic achievements
Excellant place of work
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Loughborough, UK25 March 2017
I learnt the skills to micronise salbutamol powder. This job was a single person job which lead to me improving on my self management skills and ability to prioritise jobs in relation to customer demands. It also improved on my communication skills to personnel on the same level as me and also higher up including management.
Pros
Good shift pattern and salary
Cons
No industry recognised qualifications once trained.
Great
Assistant Accountant (Current Employee) –  Bracknell, Berkshire22 March 2017
Great company to work for.
Typical day includes completing recs, bank transactions etc.
Learn something new everyday
most enjoyable part of the job is working with motivating staff
Fun and joyful workplace with great exposure
Packaging Engineer, Safety and Graphics, EMEA (Former Employee) –  London, United Kingdom22 March 2017
- Focuses on employee engagement and creativity
- Additional responsibilities to challenge and engage employees.
- Great work life balance
- Encourages employees to think out of the box and offers a platform for trials
Pros
Great Exposure
Cons
Slow decision making

Ask a question about working or interviewing at 3M. Our community is ready to answer.

51K