1st Grade Care Limited

1st Grade Care Limited Employee Reviews

Featured review
1st Grade Care Limited selected this as a representative review
Everyday is different, it amazes me how fast the day goes. It has made me think about my future, my health and my own elders in the family. A typical day at work is fun, most service users are very funny, older ones are just like you remember your own grandparents. I just can't explain how rewarding it is, going home at night knowing you helped people in a way that is unique to each person. The Management are great, i have worked in many places and these guys are what every business needs, they really care about the employee and service user, they are very helpful and understanding and you can call them throughout your shift or out of hours 'on call', they will always pick up the phone with an upbeat attitude. The hardest part of the job... is trying not to think what the service user is doing, on your days off or on special days to them. I enjoy being the smiling face they see that doesn't judge and that they know genuinely cares. This job is more than just a job, you need respect for others and genuinely need to care. Love love love this job :)
21 July 2020
Thank you for leaving a review, The team here at 1st Grade Care are thrilled to hear such good feedback!
When I worked there it was new so it was ruff at first but I was happy, had issues and they didn’t care didn’t stick to availability always excuses, office didn’t keep things private or confidential, ignored holiday requests and when I got a new job messed me about so much I had no choice but to leave
Pros
Paid travel time, good hourly pay
Cons
I love my job working at 1st Grade Care, the managers are really supportive and helpful. They listen to my concerns and act on them. I would recommend this company, especially if you have never done care before. They provide the full training and support.
Pros
Good Management
I have been working for 1st Grade Care for just over 3 years now. I love my job and love being able to help people in need of that extra support preventing them from going into residential homes. The office has a good manager as well as a planner / supervisor both with care backgrounds and wealth of experience, so when we call the on call for emergencies I always feel at ease knowing someone is on the end of the phone to help if I need any advice. I would recommend working for 1st Grade Care.
Pros
Working in the community
21 July 2020
1st grade is a company that works hard to ensure all policies and procedures are in place for the safety of clients as well as their staff. In my previous experience in other care settings this was not a priority, however I joined 1st Grade during the first month of Covid19, throughout they have provided me with face masks, visors, hand gloves, full aprons, hand sanitiser, they continually send out updates following the government guideline. I actually feel really safe and supported working here.
Pros
so rewarding
Cons
when you build relationships with a service user and they're needs change, (into residential/hospital)
21 July 2020
We are happy to hear you had a positive experience at 1st Grade Care! We value your input and encourage you to let us know more details about your experience with us.
The care plans are out of date and office branch in st melons are not even aware of it until something bad goes wrong we are lied to about clients mental and physical state and it is making it impossible for carers to give the correct care due to lack of information from office so our job is not easy and we are blamed for giving bad care when plans are not suitable anymore for the client no one is listening I dont think the branch know how to treat employees with respect leaving them vulnerable and unsupported a lot of time I find the office can be aggressive sometimes and is hard to contact them im still here because I cant find another job atm but wouldnt come into this company if I knew how bad it was. avoid.
Pros
it is work
Cons
managers are rude, wages are very low, poor communication, walkers not pulling their weight, care plans out of date, cutting corners, too much to list
21 July 2020
I’m sorry to hear about your bad experience, if you would be willing to discuss this further please contact Faye at Head Office Recruitment, on 0330 043 9787 or joinus@1stgradecare.co.uk.
1st grade care (last grade care) expect drivers to collect walkers, run drivers ragged. They will put single people on double handed calls and put different names on the paper to make them look good and compliant. The drivers will send walkers from one end of cardiff to the other and expect to be there on time and huff and puff when drivers make the walkers late. Office is out of touch, managers ignore people when they call and attitude is shocking and it's like they try to catch you out. They will harrass you and make your life bad here. Dont even bother.
Pros
pros? what pros?
Cons
Too many cons for one box...
21 July 2020
Thank you for posting a review and we’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We would like the opportunity to investigate your feedback further. If you would be willing to discuss this further please contact Faye at Head Office Recruitment on 0330 043 9787 or joinus@1stgradecare.co.uk
I love my job caring for the elderly. Helping them each day to get up out of bed, getting them dressed for the day, providing medication, bathing, meal preparations, helping them with daily tasks they need a bit more support with. This job is my first care job but I wouldn't change my career path again. I learn new things every day .
Pros
Learning every day
21 July 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this positive review!
I am very happy working as a driver carer for first grade. Every day is something new, and no 2 days are ever the same. Out of all my jobs this one is the most rewarding. I look forward to getting up and seeing my regular clients and how they have been .
Pros
Meeting new people
21 July 2020
We are grateful that you took the time out to leave us a review. Your feedback helps us to improve service for everyone!
I have worked in the community for 1st grade for 2 years now, I would say my employment experience has been good through out, I am supported when I bring concerns to the office and they are always dealt with efficiently. I love my job and find it so rewarding helping people remain in their own homes for as long as possible. Overall I would recommend 1st grade care
Pros
career progression
Cons
early mornings
21 July 2020
Thanks for leaving us such a positive review. We are pleased that you love your job. Our office staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote!
I would avoid working here at all costs!!!!! It’s unsafe and not managed safely!!! Never seen anything so bad in my 6 years in home care! They are seriously understaffed but still take on new care packages when they don’t have the staff to cover this.
21 July 2020
We set a high standard for ourselves, and we’re so sorry to hear this was not met in your interaction with our company. Please if you would discuss this further we can look investigate, please contact Faye at Head Office Recruitment on 0330 043 9787.
21 July 2020
We’re so sorry to hear about your bad experience. Please help us to improve by providing more information on your experience. We can be reached at joinus@1stgradecare.co.uk or 0330 043 9787
I work for first grade in the community, and then took on a supervisor role based half and half within the office and community. There are good opportunities to progress. I was also offered to be enrolled on for my NVQ qualification after my probation was passed.
Pros
training and qualifications available
Cons
have to wait for dbs to come back before starting
21 July 2020
We are so grateful for your review. Thanks for sharing your rating with us and the community
1st Grade Care are a great company to work for, the staff are all lovely and easy to get along with and the company as a whole is invested in its staff.
21 July 2020
We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 1st Grade Care. Thanks for sharing!
All staff are very friendly, management are efficient. The care routes are organised in areas and are planned well. Overall I would recommend this company from my experience so far.
Pros
Organised and flexible
Cons
Can't think of any
21 July 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a rating! Our office staff will be happy to read this review!
21 July 2020
We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a 4-Star review!
I have worked as a carer for 1st grade care for over a year now, and from my time working here, there has been good management from the office to head office staff. I have been supported during my employment through on call services, to advice from office staff and management. The job is so rewarding and I would never look to change my career path since joining 1st grade.
Pros
The job is so rewarding
21 July 2020
Staff get weekly pay, any issues are dealt with accordingly It can be a fast paced and full on job but there is plenty of support for staff members readily available. This job helps staff to grow as individuals and bring people out of their shells. The company always looks internally first for any career progression prior to bringing in external candidates
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Low pay
21 July 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at 1st Grade Care. We take pride in knowing our employees are happy with their employment experience.
21 July 2020
Thanks so much for giving us your take on how we are doing. We're glad that employees like you are having a great experience at 1st Grade Care.
Great job helpful team members and staff nice areas we have a great pay We have great support and help if we are lost or stuck and I’m doubt I feel really confident and it’s a great job overall
Pros
Data usage
Cons
Big areas
21 July 2020
We're happy to see that you had a 5-Star experience at 1st Grade Care Cardiff Branch. Thanks for sharing
21 July 2020
Thank you for your review. We will share this with the office team to let them know how we are doing!
Very worsted compny i never work for this ever again office stuff are useless no travel time between calls every week they cut my pay ring the payroll and they saying i neeed to proof my hours by collecting documents from service users home like communication books where u righting all activities i had accident between my shift on the motorway so i ring the emergency foon and they said relex for 10 min and go to your next call becouse we very shot stuff can't cover your callsthey haven't care about the employees how long they call cover they don't care if u dying.
Truly the most unhelpful company I have ever worked for, really would not recommend if you don’t drive. I was assured from day one I would be kept local but with every rota I received they completely went against that, the training they give you is no we’re near enough, the office staff and management are in no way helpful and couldn’t care about the staff, every day this job reduced me to tears. Would not recommend at all
21 July 2020
Office management are useless the stress from the job is unnecessary. Office staff treat you like dogs and speak to you like your nothing. Thr only reason I stayed at this job was the service users and the impact it would have on them if you left as you do build a relationship with them
Cons
Long hours and constant pressure with phone calls
I have recently taken on a role at 1st grade care, approximately 2 months ago. I have found throughout my employment I have been supported in any situation where I have needed the support, from both Management and other colleagues. Everyone is very friendly here, and wants to ensure the jobs that are required to be done, are fulfilled to the highest standard. I have worked in the care sector before in a very similar role, and feel that the office environment here is very relaxed, as much as it can be, but ensuring that all policies and procedures are met at the same time.
21 July 2020
On behalf us all of us at 1st Grade Care, I would like to thank you for sharing this great review about our company! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your employment.