Supported Housing with Deaf and Deafblind People provides a floating support service to culturally Deaf and Deafblind people in Walsall. The service has a contract with Walsall JCU to provide housing related support on a weekly basis for up to 35 people.
A rare opportunity has become available to join a small but highly dedicated team to provide specialist community based support in Walsall. The service actively promotes independence and choice for culturally Deaf and Deafblind people and works closely with other services within social care, health and housing. There will be opportunities for personal and professional development in; a) social care and health issues, b) Deaf and Deafblind communication/support, c) NVQ 3 Health and Social Care.
You must have substantive experience of providing housing related/community support with Deaf and/or Deafblind people, have a good working knowledge of Deaf / Deafblind community issues and culture and have a basic understanding of the concept of ‘housing related’ support.
- Undertake direct work with Deaf and Deafblind people in the community to promote independence, choice and inclusion.
- Carry out tasks identified in the clients/service users support plan.
- Assist with housing needs assessments and reviews.
- Engage with individuals and contribute to creating appropriate support plans.
- Visit people in their own homes or in the community and undertake activities agreed within the individual support plan.
- Assist with the assessment/identification of housing needs. Assist with creating appropriate support plans according to service access criteria.
- Contribute to support agreements, encourage individual participation and maintain agreed targets within the support plan.
You will be a native BSL user or able to evidence competency in BSL (British Sign Language) to at least CACDP Level 2 or above.
Closing date: 7 February 2011
Please be aware that this job closes at 05:00PM on 07/02/2011
Apply for this Job (opens a new window)