We are currently recruiting for a Senior Chef de Partie to join our highly successful team at The Grand Hotel, Brighton.
Based in modern and contemporary surroundings you will be required to contribute to the hotels success.
Your role is to take ownership of a specific kitchen section, ensuring that all food outputs are of a consistently high standard. You do this by ensuring that company standards and statutory obligations are met, whilst working in a high volume kitchen, supporting our varied food outlets.
To be successful in your application for the position of Senior Chef de Partie, you must possess the following:
• Adhere to prescribed standards and maintain a workload rate that is sufficient to ensure the efficient running of the kitchen operation and the avoidance of interruptions to service.
• Adhere strictly to Food Hygiene Regulations e.g. temperature records completed correctly, colour-coded chopping boards, raw/cooked food segregation, hand-washing etc.
• Ensure that food items are delivered in appropriate packaging and all items are checked and temperature at time of delivery is recorded.
• Ensure that food items are stored correctly and stocks rotated and temperature recorded.
• Ensure that food items are handled, cooked and served correctly.
• Supervise Junior Chefs (under the direction of the Head chef) and KP’s, particularly when they are using potentially dangerous equipment.
• Assist other chefs in their department on request.
• Establish and use clear lines of communication within the kitchen operation and with Restaurant Staff.
• Report all faults or damaged equipment to the Head Chef/Sous Chef in accordance with hotel procedures.
• Have knowledge of and follow Company and statutory Health & Safety, security and emergency procedures.
• Support all members of the team to achieve and maintain operational standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene and Health & Safety, and ensure that there is minimal wastage.
• Previous experience in a similar role, minimum of 1/2 years as Commis Chef.
• Knowledge and understanding of current food hygiene regulations
• Level 2 in Food Safety Catering
• Standards orientated with an eye for detail.
• Good basic education
• Team player
• Desire to advance skills
• Able to work unsupervised
- 16 months ago - save job
Official Site - Grand Brighton is an iconic and luxury boutique hotel standing centre stage on Brightonâ€™s famous...