Forrester Research, Inc. (Nasdaq: FORR) is an independent research company that provides pragmatic and forward-thinking advice to global leaders in business and technology. Forrester works with professionals in 19 key roles at major companies providing proprietary research, consumer insight, consulting, events, and peer-to-peer executive programs. For more than 27 years, Forrester has been making IT, marketing, and technology industry leaders successful every day. For more information, visit www.forrester.com .
Job Title: Business Development Director, Selling To IT Professionals
Location: London or Frankfurt
Forrester seeks an experienced consulting professional to lead sales of consulting service offerings to our information technology user clients. The Business Development Director leads the sale of offerings targeted at assisting IT and business leadership professionals in strategizing, justifying, sourcing, and optimizing their technology organization’s processes, infrastructures, partners, and providers.
The Business Development Director is responsible for driving the sales process and working with account executives and account managers to ensure a consistent and unified approach to selling Forrester consulting projects. The Business Development Director plays a leading role in prospecting, presenting, scoping, proposing, and booking sales for our consulting service offerings.
- Focus on driving consulting bookings with existing Forrester Research clients.
- Create and deliver proposals and statements of work to clients and prospects. Build a solution framework, and present the framework to clients.
- Evangelize consulting within the existing client base. Evangelize consulting with the sales force, build enthusiasm for consulting service offerings, and train salespeople to find and listen for opportunities.
- Work with sales, research, and marketing to champion consulting service offerings, and coordinate the development of a regional business plan that includes lead generation, follow-up on marketing campaigns, and other approaches.
- Collaborate with consultants and others in driving proposal generation.
- Train all sales representatives on product positioning and the competitive landscape for technology industry consulting products.
- Determine project scoping and pricing within Forrester’s stated margin goals. Coordinate acceptance of scope between Forrester analysts and clients -- this is a shared responsibility with the consulting delivery team to win profitable business.
Forrester Research is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, including sexual harassment.
- Proven sales and/or professional services business development experience in a strategy consulting organization or market research firm -- previous experience selling to IT professionals preferred.
- Degree or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience selling large services-based consulting projects preferred.
- Superior communication skills -- including presentations, scoping projects, and writing proposals.
- Ability to collaborate with the sales and research organizations to craft a solution that meets the needs of the client.
- Willingness to travel as needed.
The information provided by you in this application will be used for the purposes of recruitment and, for successful applicants only, for personnel administration and management purposes and to comply with the employer’s obligations regarding the retention of employee records. If your application is unsuccessful, Forrester Research, Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, and/or service providers (collectively “Forrester”) will retain your personal information on secure file solely to consider you for future recruitment opportunities.
By submitting your resume/CV, you consent to Forrester’s retention of the information provided on a secure file for personnel administration and management purposes and/or in order to consider you for future employment opportunities, and to the transfer of the information provided to:
- Forrester’s offices in the USA and other countries outside the European Economic Area.
- Service providers engaged by Forrester for the purposes of processing applications for employment who may be located outside the European Economic Area.
Can't see the tech forest for the trees? Maybe a Forrester ranger can guide you through the technological timber. One of the leading market...