The post holder will support the Marketing Communications Manager with the development, delivery and evaluation of consistent marketing communications strategy which underpins UK Power Networks' objectives.
They will also promote quality and brand consistency throughout communications.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Working with the Marketing Communications Manager, deliver an integrated external communications strategy, supporting communications initiatives and channels as required
- Content management and continuous improvement of the company website, videos as well as social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Wikipedia, Blogs etc).
- Writing and developing online content for website, Facebook and Twitter whilst liaising with key communicators across all directorates to ensure social media channels are updated regularly.
- Coordinate the printing and development of external marketing communications literature for directorates to ensure efficiency.
- Working with approved design agencies and contractors to ensure communications are on time and to a high standard, providing content as required
- External event management - support with pre event planning, facilitation and post event assessment
- Provide support for the business to order branded print materials from Office Depot whilst looking for improvements to the process.
- Act as the champion and guardian of the company's identity ensuring all marketing communications are of a high quality and comply with UK Power Networks corporate identity guidelines
- Providing quality control on all communications produced, with accurate proof reading whilst following the internal approvals process
- Work closely with internal communications team to integrate internal and external communications where possible
Please Note: Internal candidates who are still within a probationary period must obtain the written approval of their manager, which must be submitted with their application.
- Possess, or be working towards, a professional qualification in a communications or marketing related discipline
- Educated to degree level
- Experience working within a communications environment, coupled with familiarity of a range of communications channels
- Experience of writing articles and content online or offline.
- Previous experience of working with content management systems would be an advantage
- Previous experience of organising events
- Excellent written, editorial and verbal communication skills and an eye for accuracy and consistency
- Ability to meet tight deadlines with the ability to prioritise tasks based on the urgency
- Strong presentation skills - able to communicate effectively with all levels of the organisation; equally comfortable when presenting to employees or senior managers
- Results orientated with a record of effective performance
- An involving style and the willingness to challenge current working practices to achieve ongoing continuous improvement
- Knowledge of the Company's vision, values and strategic direction (or the ability to absorb this information quickly) so that actions are judged for their impact
RenewablesCareers.Com - 20 months ago