Stockley Park Role synopsis The Applications Quality Assurance Manager will be responsible for ensuring the processes, monitoring, reporting and feedback loops are effectively in place and working within the IT&SiF Applications Services team to demonstrate quality delivery and drive continuous improvement.
The Applications QA Manager will be accountable for overseeing and assuring the quality and integrity of technical introductions to the infrastructure of ongoing release/transition management and the consistent application of ITIL processes.
The Applications QA Manager will oversee the delivery of an annual programme of Continuous Improvement in Service Delivery Key accountabilities Responsibilities include:
Review, maintain and embed clear processes for IT&SiF Applications Services
Run a programme of continuous service improvement across Service Delivery in IT&SiF
Monitor and report KPIs to measure and maintain the quality of delivery
Manage the overall release/transition management process to ensure quality and minimize adverse impacts to production services
Coordinate financial reporting for IT&SiF Applications and Services
Lead, develop and manage the assurance team
Specific accountabilities include:
Review, maintain and embed the processes through which the IT&SiF Applications Services team manage delivery
Drive a common approach to service management and service delivery using ITIL processes e.g. incident management, problem management, change, release management
Review and maintain the KPIs and MI though which the Applications Services Team measure and demonstrate quality of delivery and monitor and report these
Manage the release/transition management process to ensure consistent processes, quality of delivery and the application of lessons learnt
Lead on major incidents requiring RCAs to ensure a consistent process is used and lessons learnt are applied across the team
Continuous improvement through pro-active problem management and service improvement programme
Identify performance challenges based on KPI and MI data and drive performance improvement activity to address these
Coordinate financial reporting for IT&SiF Applications and Services for GFO to ensure efficient and effective process
Provide leadership to direct and develop the capability of the team Essential Education • Quality Management accreditation
BP is one of the three largest energy companies in the world, operating in over 100 countries across 6 continents. Information Technology & Services (IT&S), provides a full range of IT services to BP's global business segments.
- ITIL accreditation
- Knowledge of methodologies - such as Six Sigma, CVP, CoBit5
- Project Management accreditation – PMP, Prince 2 Essential experience and job requirements • Experience in applications management and quality management/assurance
- Strong experience of defining and delivering QA framework within IT environments
- Significant experience in delivering continuous improvement projects
- Extensive experience of providing release/transition services across multiple projects/programmes/depts.
- Experience in working with off shore suppliers
- Ability to rigorously manage performance and hold others to account
- Experience of working within an ITIL based framework Desirable criteria & qualifications • Team leadership skills
- Good understanding of BP’s IT&S organisation and standards Relocation available No Travel required Yes - up to 10% Is this a part time position? No About BP Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, BP operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
IT&S plays a critical role in the delivery of defined world-class operational services that BP businesses can rely upon in support of their own performance. Our specific accountabilities include the delivery of services to specified target levels, including availability, recoverability and cost to the corporation. These services must also be delivered safely and secured against the growing risk of viruses and other security threats.
We aim to benchmark our performance favorably against a defined peer group of the world's best and intend to deliver our services with professionalism to rival any major business corporation in the world - this is what we mean by being 'World Class'. To achieve this exciting level of performance will require a commensurate level of enthusiasm, commitment and expertise in our people. Disclaimer BP is an equal opportunity employer Removal Date 14-Feb-2011
BP - 4 years ago
BP p.l.c. (BP) is an oil company, operating through its subsidiaries. With effect from January 1, 2008, it operated in two business...