re passionate about selling and like earning money, then we have an exciting opportunity for you. We are Gaydio, the UK’s only broadcast radio station for LGB&T people. We broadcast on FM in Manchester, DAB digital radio in London and Sussex - and online everywhere else.
Due to our fast growth, we’re looking for an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, strategically-minded and, above all, passionate person to join the team in London and Brighton. You will concentrate, but not exclusively, on clients across the UK, planning and implementing your sales strategy, developing new campaign ideas, demonstrating great account management skills and be motivated by winning new business.
The ideal person will have a background in selling media, ideally radio (although we’re still keen to hear from great candidates who've not sold radio before). The role may also have progression opportunities to team leader level for the right candidate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- To help develop and sell a range of packages including on and off air advertising and sponsorship for the station, often by making new approaches to suitable organisations
- To devise and plan bespoke campaigns to meet the customers objectives.
Key Measure of Success
- To work with the Board of Directors to develop a sales strategy to increase our income and profit
- To achieve monthly targets
- To ensure full accurate information about the deliverables is passed onto the relevant teams
- Be a confident self-starter
- Have an ability to develop ideas that meet the needs of the client
- Have excellent negotiation skills
- Have a proven track record of selling advertising and sponsorship ideally in a radio environment
- Ability to spot and put forward ways to maximise revenues by utilising new and innovative ideas
- Able to work to tight deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Ideally has experience of recruitment and line management
- Able to form excellent relationships internally and externally
- Open and honest, with an ability to develop personal integrity quickly
- Enthusiastic and persuasive
- Is willing to undertake training and development as and when required
- Has an understanding of the needs and lifestyles of LGB&T people