The CFO Program Services Team is an organisation that supports the long-term success of Credit Suisse by providing high quality consulting and project management services for strategic bank initiatives.
Its mission statement is to help define and deliver the most important change programs within the bank and through this delivery to raise the overall level of change delivery capability within the bank.
The Team has a Global Lead based in London and Regional Management teams located in the UK, US, Zurich and Singapore. The CFO Program Services Team provides its consulting and project management services to all divisions within the bank, covering both CFO and Shared Services departments.
The Senior Project / Program Lead will be responsible for sourcing, directing, managing and executing complex consulting or delivery programmes. Depending upon the nature of the candidate, their main duties and responsibilities will be as follows.
Primary Program Management responsibilities involve:
- Working with Management team to identify programme engagements & scope them appropriately
- Assisting the client Management Team with budgeting for the engagement
- Staffing the engagements with the appropriate level and skillsets
- Developing detailed level project documents including, but not limited to project plans with deliverables and dependencies, project mandates, a communication plan and status reporting
- Ensuring that all parties are aware of the programme scope, the benefits that it expects to deliver, the benefits it actually realizes and the programme timelines
- Executing and/or managing the progress of the programme against quality standards, targets and budgets and challenging actions, results and activities where necessary
- Resolving or (where appropriate) escalating issues and risks and ensuring that appropriate corrective action is taken
- Effectively communicating with key programme stakeholders on programme progress
- Taking responsibility for quality assurance within the program by overseeing that Program Services methodologies, standards and procedures are being implemented regionally
- Establishing credibility with all levels of client Management
Primary Management Consulting responsibilities involve:
- Use a range of techniques to analyse complex situations or issues and propose best in class solutions
- Develop a range of management consulting style outputs
An Investment Bank and/or Asset Management and/or Consultancy background, with a strong understanding of structured project management within the Financial Services arena.
- A proven track record in delivering results through the provision of a management consulting skill set
- A proven track record of successfully delivering large complex programmes within an Investment Banking environment
- A good level of product knowledge in one or more areas of the Financial Services industry
- Project/programme delivery across a wide set of products and/or functions is strongly preferred
- Proven organizational, leadership and management skills
- Ability to command a room and manage meetings with many senior participants
- Ability to communicate effectively to senior managers
- Ability to command attention from senior managers
- Ability to produce clear, concise reporting
- Solid strategic analysis, problem solving, issue resolution and decision making skills
- Strong presentation development skills
- Proven ability to communicate with all levels of Management in a clear, concise manner
- Delivery focused
- Process oriented
- Attentive to detail
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
- Sufficient credibility to direct project teams and senior management in relation to the programme
- Tact, discretion and diplomatic
- Solid facilitation skills
- Effective relationship management and influencing skills
- Time management skills
- The ability to create agreement among differing stakeholder views
- You will be working in a small team and required to direct the activities of others.
- Proven experience of managing personnel is therefore desirable.
- Candidate must be able to lead by example and motivate/ focus team members
- University under-graduate degree
Credit Suisse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
- PRINCE 2 or other structured programme / project management qualifications
To the extent permitted or required by applicable law, a candidate who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check and other background checks.
Credit Suisse - 2 years ago
Credit Suisse is one of the world leaders in global financial services, providing private banking, investment banking and asset management...