Purpose of the role
To support the Branch Manager and share the responsibilities of the day-to-day running of the branchs.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
1. TEAM · Develop team in accordance with personal, store and CPW needs · Manage team relationships in order to motivate to ensure maximum team and personal potential is achieved · Be excited and instill passion in new products and services · Ensure, morning briefings, weekly 1-2-1’s, Saturday briefings, monthly store meetings are conducted · Ensure monthly/quarterly store social event is made available · Ensure team comply with CPW policies and procedures · Maintain and develop relationships with internal customers
2. CUSTOMER · Measure customer satisfaction through SOLVE · Lead by example by ensuring every customer is delighted by the CPW experience · Ensure team are fully trained to deal with any customer eventuality · Ensure store is aesthetically pleasing and all customer information is correct and up to date · Maintain and promote relations with internal customers
3. SALES · Ensure store exceeds KPI and RBS targets · Ensure team are following Solve to maximise sales and minimise returns · Ensure team are compliant with CPW procedures to minimise shrinkage and cash loses (further detailed in CONTROL) · Exceed IRBS targets in order to lead by example
4. CONTROL · Keep up to date with ALL CPW policies and procedures · Work in line with Loss Prevention assessment criteria (See Melon) · Assist and conduct bag/car searches when applicable · Ensure ALL store procedures are completed accurately and with in the correct time frame · Ensure all Health & Safety standards are maintained
5. GENERAL · Ensure housekeeping is in line with Retail Standards · Be competent using MELON and other tools provided by CPW · Be compliant with reasonable management requests
You are required to ensure you are familiar with the regulatory requirements of the FSA as they apply to your role and to ensure that your conduct and that of your direct reports enables CPW to meet its compliance obligations under them at all times. You are also required to report any instances of non-compliance that you become aware of to your line manager. If reporting such cases to your line manager would not be appropriate, you should use the whistle-blowing procedure on our intranet to ensure that the matter is reported to an appropriate person.
To have demonstrated the ability to develop other employees and have full knowledge of company policies and procedures
To have completed the pre-management training course
To have completed and passed an internal management assessment centre
A team player who is a conscientious worker and has great attention for detail
Willing to go ‘the extra mile’ in order to give quality support
Prepared to either lead employees from the front or support from behind as the situation deems appropriate
Consistently high standards in work performance
Strong organisational skills
Lives and breathes the 5 fundamentals
Weekend work is essential in accordance with business needs and some travel may be required in order to provide cover in the Area
The Carphone Warehouse - 4 years ago
copy to clipboard
Carphone Warehouse Group PLC known as The Carphone Warehouse, is Europe's largest independent mobile phone retailer, with over 1,700...