Lead Land Surveyor -Whitechapel
The BBMV joint venture, comprising of Morgan Sindall, ALPINE BeMo Tunnelling, Balfour Beatty and VINCI Construction, has been awarded the £235 million Whitechapel and Liverpool Street Station tunnels contract as part of London’s Crossrail project. The contract covers the construction of all station tunnels and associated works and will take approximately five years to complete.
Main purpose of role
As Lead Land Surveyor you will be accountable for overseeing and managing the surveying team in the collection of monitoring data. Establishing the manual monitoring and supervising the daily survey activities.
Main responsibilities of the role
Skills and experience required
- Management of the in tunnel, LU/LO and surface monitoring teams
- Accountable for the accurate acquisition of data
- Collection of all monitoring data in time for daily review
- Accountable for the data programming of the tunnel guidance software
- Liaise with JV SCL Engineering team and the customer in relation to daily monitoring reports for the sites and deal with any associated queries
- Develop junior members of staff within the team
- Attend daily SRG (Shift Review Group) meeting if required and feed back to team as necessary
- Manage resources and equipment available to team for monitoring activities
- Organise additional survey resource if and when required to cover additional works instructed by the customer
Morgan Sindall plc is a UK construction, infrastructure and design business with a national network of local offices. Our activities range from small works and repair and maintenance to the design and delivery of complex construction and engineering projects where we are able to provide specialist tunnelling, utilities, building, civil engineering and mechanical and electrical services. We operate across the commercial, defence, education, energy, healthcare, industrial, leisure, retail, waste, water and transport sectors. Morgan Sindall plc is part of Morgan Sindall Group plc, the construction and regeneration group.
- Degree or Diploma equivalent
- Extensive knowledge of SCL tunnel monitoring, construction and surveying
- Previous strong experience in managing a large team across split locations
- Experienced in Eupolinos software highly desirable
- Experience of monitoring systems geodetic and geotechnical
- Very good knowledge of computer systems and modern survey equipment with data transmission
- Use of automated systems, and reporting monitoring results at technical meetings
- Experience in the writing of method statements
We’re therefore able to offer customers a total service capability from initial design and conception to project handover. The breadth of our operation means we also offer exceptional career development opportunities. In every part of our business, we’re looking for people who share our commitment to ‘Perfect Delivery’. If you want to bring your expertise to an organisation that can match your ambitions, your aspirations and your dedication to outstanding service, we should talk.
Morgan Sindall is an equal opportunities employer
Morgan Sindall is unable to employ anyone who does not have the legal right to live and work in the UK.
Due to the Coalition Government's interim immigration limits, Morgan Sindall's ability to sponsor employees under Tier 2 (General) of the Points Based System is very limited. Applicants from outside the EEA are therefore encouraged to explore immigration routes which will allow them to work in the UK without such sponsorship.
In the recruitment process all applicants are required to provide the necessary right to work information and documentation.
Morgan Sindall already works with a number of approved recruitment suppliers for the provision of permanent recruitment across our UK business. We are therefore unable to consider either CVs or speculative proposals from any other agencies.
Morgan Sindall Plc - 30+ days ago
Morgan Sindall plc is a United Kingdom-based construction and regeneration company. The divisions of the Company are Fit Out, Construction,...