To develop & implement the Mining Tire and Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME) operational and commercial strategies across the global business to ensure the immediate performance and value optimisation for multiple operations and cultures across 12 countries. The job scope will include:
• Benchmarking of current performance at each site with specific deliverables of availability and utilisation improvement strategies (HME) and tire performance in terms of cost effectiveness.
• A thorough working knowledge of the detailed cost drivers and market force supply chain for HME & tires. Expert level of understanding of global suppliers in these fields and preferably positive, established relationships with vendor representatives at executive level.
• Internal relationship building and maintenance across multiple entities demonstrated by ability to operate effectively at all levels of an organisation.
• Account management experience in leading multi-million dollar supply contracts and extracting bankable value through continuous improvement programs that reach best in class standard.
• To initiate, then oversee effective logistics solutions that ensure cost effective land, sea and rail services in a safe and statutory compliant manner.
• Establish and influence tire and HME safety standards and work practice reviews specific to tire and HME operations in a global, large scale working environment (typically associated with businesses with large fleet in terms of volumes and capacities) – similar to ArcelorMittal’s scope of mining works.
• A working experience of tire management software packages used in mining to record, improve and share practice.
• Use of continuous improvement tools such as six-sigma and lean to deliver demonstrated examples of value in use.
• Experience in a supply-side sales environment would be desirable to understand vendor strategies and motivation.
Minimum Applicant Attribute
Education / Qualification:
Bachelor – Engineering
Supply chain, business administration, finance, engineering, operational excellence
Other Minimum Requirements:
• Minimum 10-15 years experience with the management/supervision of tire and HME supply strategies.
• Proven strong leadership skills for small to medium size team.
• Proven Experience (minimum 5-10 years) of implementing cost reduction programs.
• Minimum 5+ years of proven experience for contractual leadership for tire and/or HME goods and services.
• Extensive experience (for minimum 3 years) in identifying vendors in emerging markets including China, Mexico, Brazil and India.
• Proven experience in operations and strategic direction within Procurement and large scale mining operations, specifically in the area of mobile equipment performance.
• Extensive experience in governance and compliance essential.
Desired Applicant Attribute
Education / Qualification:
Other Desired Requirements:
• Forecast modelling – advanced
• CI project management - advanced
• Excel – advanced level
• Resilience and resourcefulness
• Strong influencing skills
• Performance orientation
• Hold employees accountable
• High level of interpersonal skills
• Strong commercial acumen
• Knowledge of transport, customs & legal process
ArcelorMittal - 2 years ago
Few metal makers have the mettle of ArcelorMittal. The company is easily the largest steel-making entity in the world, producing more...