You will need to have a good understanding of payroll related issues such as tax, national insurance, SMP, SSP, overtime, manual calculations, legal/regulatory compliance and approvals. In addition to producing the payroll you will also need to maintain PeopleSoft personnel records, produce and send standard letters such as new hire offer letters and contracts, ad-hoc letters as required and respond to reference requests.
As a department you will mainly operate using Lotus Notes for email, Microsoft Word and Excel, manager self-service tools, PeopleSoft and Kronos. The payroll is outsourced to ADP using their Freedom platform.
Experience of manager self service, PeopleSoft and/or ADP freedom would be an advantage but is not essential.
The role is primarily focused on the UK however the department also processes payroll for Ireland, Sweden and Norway with the intention of adding more European countries as the department develops. Therefore, for the right candidate, there is an opportunity in the future to gain exposure to payrolls outside of the UK.
Highly process driven, my clients have a focus on improving service to their internal stakeholders by improving accuracy and response times, increasing process efficiency and maintaining approvals and controls in line with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
Necessary skills, knowledge and experience
JOB REF: NT/8079/P
- Previous UK payroll experience is essential.
- Strong numeracy skills and capable of manual payroll calculations including overpayments
- Good basic knowledge of Tax, NI, SSP and SMP.
- Competent with using the internet, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Good organisation and ability to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work with a level of autonomy and under pressure.
- Ability to communicate effectively and confidently at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with confidential issues.
- Ability to understand issues and find possible solutions.
- Excellent attention to detail and data checking ability.
To apply please email your CV or telephone Nikki on (Apply online only)
"Adecco is an equal opportunities employer
CV-Library - 10 months ago