United Kingdom - London
Area of Expertise
The MI Business Analyst position is one of a small in-house team responsible for supporting and enhancing the firm's PeopleSoft applications and associated Cognos MI reporting framework.
The post holder will work closely with the HR MI Specialist providing support to help ensure the timely delivery and accuracy of global HR Management Information to the business.
§ Deliver accurate HRMI reporting via Cognos BI
§ Pro-active approach to MI delivery and using MI to add value.
§ Performing data discrepancies checks to ensure PeopleSoft HR data is as accurate as possible
§ Ensure reporting accuracy is standardised and is consistent across the business.
§ Build and maintain relationships within HR, Finance & IT and to be able to assist with their education to promote best practices and procedures
§ Identify internal control requirements (PeopleSoft data discrepancy checks) to ensure the quality of data reported on is accurate and updated in a timely manner by HR
As part of the HR Systems team, act as a 'data steward' ensuring the quality of data entered into the source HR system, PeopleSoft is accurate globally
Develop controls/processes to flag data discrepancies and highlight these to HR users globally
Develop and maintain key relationships across the firm and be seen as the contact for all data issues/discrepancies
Provide authoritative advice on the use of HR and MI related business processes
Liaise with other departments and owners of downstream systems to resolve data and technical discrepancies, with a pro-active attitude to pre-empting problems
Take ownership of key HRMI reports that are produced monthly for Finance and other parts of the business
Have in-depth functional and operational knowledge of Peoplesoft and Cognos BI to provide subject matter expertise when necessary to many stakeholders across the business.
Provide data analysis support to the business during key annual processes (eg: salary review/data anaysis/excel manipulation) as and when required.
Essential Skills & Experience Required
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- High level of analytical skills
- Excellent data manipulation skills
- Practical experience of MI reporting (preferably Cognos BI v8)
- Experience in working with Finance and/or HR & understanding transactional data
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure with excellent time management skills
- Must be a collaborative team player willing to help others for success of the team
- Teamwork is vital, however needs to be able to work on their own, showing initiative and having the desire to get the job done to a high standard
- Must be self motivated and proactive
- A flexible approach is a must and being able to deal with urgent situations as they arise
Additional Website Text
- Understanding of HR and Training business processes, possibly in an international or professional services environment
- PeopleSoft v9.0 experience beneficial but not essential
- Technically adept with new technologies
Should you experience any problems logging onto the system or applying for this vacancy online please email Recruitment IT Support on Itrechelpdesk@allenovery.com
Agency Notice: Please be advised that we have a formalised preferred supplier list (PSL) in place and will not be accepting unsolicited applications from non-PSL agencies for this role.
Allen & Overy - 9 months ago