We currently have an opportunity for a Cook (weekends) in our lovely home in Brighton for elderly people.
About the job
Food is one of those essential ingredients of a residential care home that you cannot do without! It contributes significantly to the health, well-being and happiness of our residents.
The main tasks for this job are:
* Prepare and serve nutritionally balanced, attractive and taste meals;
* Observe food hygiene regulations to Assured Safe Catering standards (we use the Safer Food Better Business methodology);
* Plan menus to provide balanced, varied and interesting meals, with due regard to preferences and special dietary needs;
* Maintain food stocks and other supplies;
* Receive food supplies and monitor the quality of incoming goods, ensuring correct storage temperatures at all times;
* Prepare, cook and serve meals and drinks and make advance preparations for other meals that will be served after your shift;
* Observe all minimum temperature and food hygiene regulations during cooking, reheating and serving of food;
* Maintain the kitchen and food storage rooms, crockery, cutlery and utensils in a high state of cleanliness and tidiness;
* Maintain all records when on duty.
* You must live in Brighton or the surrounding area.
* You will have previous experience of managing a commercial kitchen;
* You will be an adaptable person with a mature approach, whatever the person's age;
* You must enjoy cooking and be able to cook and prepare food to a good standard;
* You should have a basic food hygiene certificate
* A food-related qualification would be an advantage but is not essential, as long as you have cooking skills and experience;
* You need to be someone who enjoys working with older people and can have an empathy with them;
* You need to be well-organised and practical;
* You need to be able to work as part of a team and be willing to take on any task, within your capabilities, to provide an excellent service to our clients.
This post is for 12 hours per week; 8am - 2pm, Saturday and Sunday.
Pilgrim Homes is an Investor in People.
Pilgrims' Friend Society - 30+ days ago